Author Topic: The known facts and the speculations featuring Brueckner, the prime suspect  (Read 43904 times)

Offline The General

I'm not insinuating anything, I am (if you notice by reading my posts) asking WHY they (allegedly) knocked on his door.  I hope that's OK with you?
Probably because he was a known nonce. In fact not probably.
Quite why subsequent follow up wasn't conducted is open to conjecture, but that may be due to the usual combination of lack of manpower, ineptitude, indolence and human nature.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

The irony of CB being 'in the frame', according to HCW, is that Mrs. Pamela Fenn's account of an aborted burglary attempt jives accurately with his apparent MO; as compelling as corroborative eye witness accounts get. But for this account to be taken into serious consideration, then 'supporters' must then perform a begrudging volte-face regarding their dismissing of the late, lamented, yet much-maligned Mrs. Fenn herself and her account of hearing children crying in the flat downstairs.

There's now a pleasing squaring of the circle about this facet of the case that was hitherto missing prior to CB being fingered.
This is a silly post, designed to goad "supporters" IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Probably because he was a known nonce. In fact not probably.
Quite why subsequent follow up wasn't conducted is open to conjecture, but that may be due to the usual combination of lack of manpower, ineptitude, indolence and human nature.
Please note - we are not allowed to say this happened in the first place, only that it "might" have happened.   Some people dispute that the PJ ever knocked on his door at all.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

This is a silly post, designed to goad "supporters" IMO.
No it's not, it's fact. I'm impartial, so have no skin in your sectarian fight.
You can't accept one without the other.

Offline The General

Please note - we are not allowed to say this happened in the first place, only that it "might" have happened.   Some people dispute that the PJ ever knocked on his door at all.
I don't care. I'm going on statements made in the files. They knocked on his door, according to witness statements.

Offline Brietta

I can see no reason why the call received by the number allegedly belonging to Brueckner would have been seen as of interest by the PJ.

Obviously neither did they.

You've got an excuse though - you are an armchair detective.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

I can see no reason why the call received by the number allegedly belonging to Brueckner would have been seen as of interest by the PJ.
I'll be honest, given that the PJ compiled meticulous phone records and analysed the data in great detail, I can't understand how they didn't zero in on CB's phone number when they zero'd in on his front door (allegedly, but actually they almost certainly did). There may have been a time lag obtaining the phone data from the phone companies, which may have muddied the waters. The fact that they were looking for an abductor on the run may have had a bearing. Or maybe one hand didn't know what the other was doing - again, common failures in police investigations.

Offline barrier

I'll be honest, given that the PJ compiled meticulous phone records and analysed the data in great detail, I can't understand how they didn't zero in on CB's phone number when they zero'd in on his front door (allegedly, but actually they almost certainly did). There may have been a time lag obtaining the phone data from the phone companies, which may have muddied the waters. The fact that they were looking for an abductor on the run may have had a bearing. Or maybe one hand didn't know what the other was doing - again, common failures in police investigations.

A few seconds worth of calls or text alerted SY to the three locals, yet a 30 minute call allegedly by CB's phone didn't, wonder why ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline The General

A few seconds worth of calls or text alerted SY to the three locals, yet a 30 minute call allegedly by CB's phone didn't, wonder why ?
Yep, same rules apply. In fact it was only when one of CB's apparent previous partners in crime started singing / plea bargaining that anyone tumbled to the phone call at all. And that's not a reflection on some super sleuthing from HCW, that's serendipity.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 11:54:28 AM by The General »

Offline Brietta

I rather get the impression that the judicial police are finding Amaral a bit of an embarrassment at the moment.

"The data is released and now we are in the phase of receiving things that may be relevant, we will analyze them together and then decide the next steps from a procedural point of view, being certain that what will be done next can be consensual decision of the three police or each do what it understands because each has legitimately its process", Highlighted.

One of the unavoidable names when talking about Maddie's disappearance is the former inspector of the PJ Portimão Gonçalo Amaral, still currently the target of criticism from the English press and who came to have a legal dispute with the child's parents.

On the subject, Carlos Farinha (deputy director of the Judiciary Police) recalled that Gonçalo Amaral left the PJ in 2008 and that "after that many people worked and work in the process", lamenting that the name continues to be related to the investigation.

https://www.sabado.pt/portugal/detalhe/maddie-pj-desvaloriza-suspeitas-contra-christian-brueckner
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

It depends what the sequence of events was. Either they started with the knowledge that the men had a history of burglary and then found the phone calls, or they found the phone calls and then discovered they belonged to people with records for burglary. If the former, then there was a targetted (not random) search of the phone records.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

It depends what the sequence of events was. Either they started with the knowledge that the men had a history of burglary and then found the phone calls, or they found the phone calls and then discovered they belonged to people with records for burglary. If the former, then there was a targetted (not random) search of the phone records.

CB had a record for theft , so why wasn't he targeted, rhetorical of course.Out of interest is his number actually in the files , any one know.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

CB had a record for theft , so why wasn't he targeted, rhetorical of course.Out of interest is his number actually in the files , any one know.

Syphoning deisel isn't quite the same as burglary?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Ocean Club employee denounced McCann's habits to maddie abduction suspect

june 7, 2020

PJ and German police identify an employee who told Brueckner that English couples left valuable goods in their homes. The suspect's goal would be to make a robbery, but he saw the children and decided to take the older one.

Christian Brueckner's mobile phone number has been in the process since 2007.
It is one of the devices that were triggered in the vicinity of the village where Maddie disappeared, but it was only after Brueckner told a German friend that he knew what had happened to the English girl that the Judiciary police were able to make the contact call.
A former employee of the Ocean Club, on praia da Luz in Lagos, had it on his personal agenda and revealed who he belonged to: a 30-year-old German who lived nearby and who did not have a known profession.

//www.sabado.pt/portugal/detalhe/empregado-do-ocean-club-denunciava-habitos-dos-mccann-a-suspeito-do-rapto-de-maddie

Unfortunately that is as far as I am allowed to go - Paywall
But it seems the Portuguese press are making up for lost time with the rather chilling headline about the decision to take the eldest child.

There is a lot more going on than only Madeleine's case if even one iota of the Sabado article is correct
  • Brueckner's burglary accomplice from the Ocean Club has been identified
  • that person had the phone number the BKA were investigating on his phone - hence no more identity requests - they've got the information
  • logically, that person will have been singing like a canary since first identified
  • imagine having known about the crime against Madeleine which you probably thought you'd got away with  - the trauma of being caught out after all those years
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 12:28:09 PM by Brietta »

Offline barrier

Syphoning deisel isn't quite the same as burglary?

Still a criminal record though.