Author Topic: All the lies the Media have told about Christian Bruckner  (Read 43793 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: All the lies the Media have told about Christian Bruckner
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »
So discussing libel on this thread is off topic...thanks for clarifying

That makes the first post off topic  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »
What is the matter with you?  Why do you do this?

Why do I tell the truth about what the SC said? Because I prefer the truth to lies.

The McCann's lawyer said;

"any innocent person, and already cleared before through the filing dispatch of a criminal investigation "
"when innocent and cleared citizens are concerned (via the filing dispatch of the criminal proceedings)"

The SC judges replied;

"And let not be said, too, that the appellants were cleared by the order of filing the criminal proceedings."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.15
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
The point Im making in portugal the defendant does not have to prove what he is saying is true...CB is also making no attempt to prove his innocence

I think you'll find the burden of proof is on the appellant in most jurisdictions;

Plaintiffs in civil cases typically have the burden of proving their allegations by a preponderance of the evidence.
https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/8-502-6326?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »
I think you'll find the burden of proof is on the appellant in most jurisdictions;

Plaintiffs in civil cases typically have the burden of proving their allegations by a preponderance of the evidence.
https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/8-502-6326?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1

I don't think you know  what you are talking about. You are providing a link for civil cases in general. Libel is an exception to the rule.

Truth: it is a complete defence to a claim in libel or slander if the defendant can show that the allegations they have published are substantially true. However, the burden rests on the publisher to prove that they were true, rather than for the claimant to show that they were false.

https://www.carter-ruck.com/media-law-defamation-libel-and-privacy-lawyers/libel-and-slander-faq#:~:text=Truth%3A%20it%20is%20a%20complete,show%20that%20they%20were%20false.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »

How can a mod moderate on libel when they dont understand the law

Offline The General

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2020, 04:58:30 PM »
How can a mod moderate on libel when they dont understand the law
I think the primary purpose of the mods is to keep order, not to 'moderate' on the nuances of topics.
And they're doing a ruddy good job too.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2020, 05:00:10 PM »
The thread title mentions lies, so who said the media told lies?
If there are no lies then what is it the lovely Bruckner can sue the media for?  Whatever it is, why haven’t you deleted all mention of the man from this forum, as we have it in good authority from forum members that he is poised to sue anyone who defames him, and as he has been defamed on here by dint of the fact that media articles about him have been copied here that would technically include this forum.  NO LIBEL IS PERMITTED ON THIS FORUM so as a moderator sort it out pleae.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2020, 05:01:26 PM »
I think the primary purpose of the mods is to keep order, not to 'moderate' on the nuances of topics.
And they're doing a ruddy good job too.

i've had several posts removed as libellous...If a mod doesnt understand libel law it creates a problem

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2020, 05:05:11 PM »
i've had several posts removed as libellous...If a mod doesnt understand libel law it creates a problem
Me too.  It seems it’s only libel if the prople being libelled don’t have names beginning with Mc.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2020, 05:05:49 PM »
...or potentially libellous. It's only libel if you get sued successfully. Only The Beak can determine that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »
...or potentially libellous. It's only libel if you get sued successfully. Only The Beak can determine that.

Yet you've already decided CB can sue and will receive  a fortune...the BS detector is smoking
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 05:18:26 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »
Yet you've already decided CB can sue and will receive  a fortune...the BS detector is smoking
It still needs someone to decide.
And if I'm wrong, I often am, I really won't care. I may raise an eyebrow, or perhaps shrug a shoulder.
I may post a brief missive in the Gazette congratulating you on your legal acumen.
"My Dearest Dave L,
I trust this message finds you well; it should, it would seem our little wager played out with Lady Luck on your side - or perhaps I'm doing you a disservice.
May I take this opportunity to extend my sincerest congratulations on a solitary instance of interpreting English Law in the correct manner on an obscure forum on the internet. Never let it be said that your knowledge of this seemingly irrelevant and very specific legal point is found wanting in any way, although there is only one way in which it could be found wanting, but it wasn't.
If this infernal virus would permit it, I would get my man to drive me the 70 miles down the M6 to shake you vigorously by the neck hand.
Yours, The General.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2020, 07:14:07 PM »
It still needs someone to decide.
And if I'm wrong, I often am, I really won't care. I may raise an eyebrow, or perhaps shrug a shoulder.
I may post a brief missive in the Gazette congratulating you on your legal acumen.
"My Dearest Dave L,
I trust this message finds you well; it should, it would seem our little wager played out with Lady Luck on your side - or perhaps I'm doing you a disservice.
May I take this opportunity to extend my sincerest congratulations on a solitary instance of interpreting English Law in the correct manner on an obscure forum on the internet. Never let it be said that your knowledge of this seemingly irrelevant and very specific legal point is found wanting in any way, although there is only one way in which it could be found wanting, but it wasn't.
If this infernal virus would permit it, I would get my man to drive me the 70 miles down the M6 to shake you vigorously by the neck hand.
Yours, The General.

If you explain  to a fool he is wrong he will be angry with you...
If you explain to a wise man he is wrong he will thank you.

Offline The General

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2020, 07:21:48 PM »
If you explain  to a fool he is wrong he will be angry with you...
If you explain to a wise man he is wrong he will thank you.
Thank you.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »
If there are no lies then what is it the lovely Bruckner can sue the media for?  Whatever it is, why haven’t you deleted all mention of the man from this forum, as we have it in good authority from forum members that he is poised to sue anyone who defames him, and as he has been defamed on here by dint of the fact that media articles about him have been copied here that would technically include this forum.  NO LIBEL IS PERMITTED ON THIS FORUM so as a moderator sort it out pleae.

It's you who said there were lies, so where are they?
Result = happy posting.