Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400493 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3135 on: February 01, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5473303/madeleine-mccanns-parents-celebrate-twins-becoming-teens-with-prayers-for-missing-daughter-wherever-she-is/#comments

There were 42 comments when I read this article earlier today.
Credit where it's due, at least one of the comments I read wasn't blaming the McCanns for child neglect or accusing them or knowing where Maddie is.

I feel sorry for the twins, they'll have to live their teenage years having Kate & Gerry breathing down their necks every time they go online.

Many teenagers have their parents carefully monitoring their online viewing.Im sure the twins have been helped to prepare for the vitriol which has been directed at their mother and father.
It will not be easy for them.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3136 on: February 01, 2018, 03:46:39 PM »
I think, when the twins are educated enough, they'll search online, maybe see that clip of the CSI dog, his head snapping back, as he barks, at their mothers clothes & at the wardrobe & the hire car, & then they'll reach their own conclusions. And that will be more of a problem to the McCann's than any posed by some inadequate dregs posting about child neglect.

and the twins will be educated and intelligent enough to understand the alerts have no value...imo

Offline jassi

« Reply #3137 on: February 01, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
I think, when the twins are educated enough, they'll search online, maybe see that clip of the CSI dog, his head snapping back, as he barks, at their mothers clothes & at the wardrobe & the hire car, & then they'll reach their own conclusions. And that will be more of a problem to the McCann's than any posed by some inadequate dregs posting about child neglect.

After 12 years of indoctrination, they probably now believe they actually saw the intruder 
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3138 on: February 01, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
and the twins will be educated and intelligent enough to understand the alerts have no value...imo

IMO I don’t think they will pay much attention to the legal niceties.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3139 on: February 01, 2018, 03:53:45 PM »
After 12 years of indoctrination, they probably now believe they actually saw the intruder

The hardest question might be. Mummy dear...why did you not answer the 48 simple questions when the nice policeman asked you?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3140 on: February 01, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »

Maybe they'll research other missing persons cases, where a cadaver dog has indicated & a missing person has later been found alive.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3141 on: February 01, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »
Maybe they'll research other missing persons cases, where a cadaver dog has indicated & a missing person has later been found alive.
I think the twins will have a far better understanding  of the alerts, than your post suggests

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3142 on: February 01, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »
The hardest question might be. Mummy dear...why did you not answer the 48 simple questions when the nice policeman asked you?

Again I think the, twins will be intelligent enough to understand the reality of the situation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3143 on: February 01, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »

The answer could well be

If I had I would not have been here today to bring you up and answer your questions because I would have been in a Portuguese jail.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3144 on: February 01, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »

Shannon Matthews?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3145 on: February 01, 2018, 04:44:17 PM »
   Shannon Matthews?

Nice example, given the perpetrators of said child's disappearance.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3146 on: February 01, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
My, my. I'd forgot how grief-stricken the parents were in the early days. Brings it all back.

It's easy to plaster a smile on your face isn't it?    You can't however look into their minds at what they are really feeling.

How many times do you hear people say when someone commits suicide 'they seemed fine,  they were laughing and joking'   etc etc.

You fail to understand the human body and how it reacts,   you are just quick with your sarcasm.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3147 on: February 01, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »
The answer could well be

If I had I would not have been here today to bring you up and answer your questions because I would have been in a Portuguese jail.

Another myth?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3148 on: February 01, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
Another myth?

Who was the arguida the newspapers and later Amaral's book smeared with false accusations?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3149 on: February 01, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
Another myth?
Given that is has been shown the maximum sentence for illegal corpse disposal is 2 years,

that people seem to get only suspended sentences at least up to 4.5 years, according to latest Portuguese news ....

Yes, it does seem that nearly 11 years after Madeleine disappeared, this is indeed a myth.
What's up, old man?