Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400468 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3450 on: September 13, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »
I suppose in this case the stakeholders are the CPS and the Home Office, both of whom will be used to making pragmatic decisions based on reality  rather than emotion.

Exactly and so far they have agreed to extra funding, presumably because they have been presented with reasons to do so.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3451 on: September 13, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »
Exactly and so far they have agreed to extra funding, presumably because they have been presented with reasons to do so.

Interesting choice of words Erngath.  Surely Scotland Yard would have found their own investigative reasons for wanting to continue the investigation rather that be "presented with reasons" IMO
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3452 on: September 13, 2018, 06:34:20 PM »
Interesting choice of words Erngath.  Surely Scotland Yard would have found their own investigative reasons for wanting to continue the investigation rather that be "presented with reasons" IMO

Erngarth is talking about the Home Office... Not SY

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3453 on: September 13, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »
I suppose in this case the stakeholders are the CPS and the Home Office, both of whom will be used to making pragmatic decisions based on reality  rather than emotion.

In my opinion Madeleine's case was already a cold case when the decision was taken to reactivate it because there was sufficient evidence to do so.

If police opinion based on the work they are doing is that evidence exists to justify that there is still work to be done on Madeleine's case ... which the request for a continuation of funding would appear to support ... then it raises the dilemma for the Home Secretary of justifying cancelling at the eleventh hour a still solvable case despite the money already spent on it.

Very much a case of spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar ~ springs to mind.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #3454 on: September 13, 2018, 06:54:51 PM »
In my opinion Madeleine's case was already a cold case when the decision was taken to reactivate it because there was sufficient evidence to do so.

If police opinion based on the work they are doing is that evidence exists to justify that there is still work to be done on Madeleine's case ... which the request for a continuation of funding would appear to support ... then it raises the dilemma for the Home Secretary of justifying cancelling at the eleventh hour a still solvable case despite the money already spent on it.

Very much a case of spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar ~ springs to mind.

There would seem every possibility of it never being solved.  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3455 on: September 13, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »

Extra funding would not be granted without justification.  The police would not be making the request without being able to present that justification.

In my opinion, but just common sense.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3456 on: September 13, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »
There would seem every possibility of it never being solved.  IMO

There seems to be every chance it could be solved.  It almost certainly will not happen if we revert to the police investigation being cancelled for any reason apart from having reached the end of the evidence trail.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3457 on: September 13, 2018, 07:00:57 PM »
Erngarth is talking about the Home Office... Not SY

Indeed.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3458 on: September 13, 2018, 07:01:57 PM »
Extra funding would not be granted without justification.  The police would not be making the request without being able to present that justification.

In my opinion, but just common sense.

My reasoning for quite some time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3459 on: September 13, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »

And mine.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3461 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »
Mine, too

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3462 on: September 13, 2018, 10:42:34 PM »
Funding not agreed, according to some sources.  'No Request Made'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7249512/madeleine-mccann-met-police-home-office-funding-search/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3463 on: September 13, 2018, 11:33:50 PM »
Funding not agreed, according to some sources.  'No Request Made'

Seems Madeleine disappeared rather than was abducted.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3464 on: September 13, 2018, 11:45:01 PM »
Seems Madeleine disappeared rather than was abducted.
LOL, according to the Sun, a paper you despise and which according to your avatar is full of lies, gotta love it!  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly