Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400469 times)

Offline Gertrude

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3525 on: September 17, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »
What do you think it means?

It means they're not afraid of showing a video of cadaver dogs alerting to McCann property.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3526 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:36 PM »
It means they're not afraid of showing a video of cadaver dogs alerting to McCann property.
Why should they be afraid? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3527 on: September 17, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »
I think someones having a bit of fun.... Very odd

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3528 on: September 17, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »
Why should they be afraid?

You really have to ask? 

How often has that video been put up with stories about the McCanns in the last 11 years?  I'd hazard a guess and say not at all since they started suing Goncalo Amaral and many other people at the end of 2007. So you could say it's pretty unusual to plonk it next to a story about the McCanns.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3529 on: September 17, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »
You really have to ask? 

How often has that video been put up with stories about the McCanns in the last 11 years?  I'd hazard a guess and say not at all since they started suing Goncalo Amaral and many other people at the end of 2007. So you could say it's pretty unusual to plonk it next to a story about the McCanns.
Yes I really have to ask what the paper would be afraid of, you failed to answer the question.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3530 on: September 17, 2018, 08:59:56 PM »
Yes I really have to ask what the paper would be afraid of, you failed to answer the question.

I think I was pretty clear. The McCanns have a record of suing people.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3531 on: September 17, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »
Yeah, back in the day there'd have been a call from Mitchell or a letter from Carter Ruck.
How times change ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3532 on: September 17, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »
I think I was pretty clear. The McCanns have a record of suing people.

so on what grounds could they sue....please tell

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3533 on: September 17, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
so on what grounds could they sue....please tell

Probably on very shaky ground since 2017, that's the point IMO.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3534 on: September 17, 2018, 09:15:52 PM »
Unless the videos were faked or made a specific untrue allegation they would have no grounds to sue.  Have they ever sued any media outlet that has shown this video in the past?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3535 on: September 17, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »
I dont think you have a point...showing a dog video is not libellous and never has been libellous...you're mistaken...what difference do you think 2017 has made..its made none

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3536 on: September 17, 2018, 09:21:08 PM »
Unless the videos were faked or made a specific untrue allegation they would have no grounds to sue.  Have they ever sued any media outlet that has shown this video in the past?

Has any media outlet ever shown that video previously?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3537 on: September 17, 2018, 09:23:16 PM »
I dont think you have a point...showing a dog video is not libellous and never has been libellous...you're mistaken

I didn't say the video was libellous. Why has it never been shown under a McCann story in the last 10 years by UK MSM?   As far as I can see it hasn't.   

If a person or organisation has a lot of money and legal clout behind them many papers won't even take the chance of airing something that could be seen as libel.  The UK media has been very careful over the last 10 years, now it would seem they aren't as bothered IMO.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3538 on: September 17, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »
  I didn't say the video was libellous. Why has it never been shown under a McCann story in the last 10 years by UK MSM?   As far as I can see it hasn't.   

If a person or organisation has a lot of money and legal clout behind them many papers won't even take the chance of airing something that could be seen as libel.  The UK media has been very careful over the last 10 years, now it would seem they aren't as bothered IMO.

it couldnt be seen as libel imo...as i said...I think someones having a bit of fun...and again...2017 has made no difference....amarals book would still be libellous in the uk

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3539 on: September 17, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »
Has any media outlet ever shown that video previously?
Short memory haven’t you?  Or did you not watch last year’s Panorama which shows a clip of Eddie alerting in the McCanns apartment?