Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400504 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4140 on: April 09, 2019, 08:22:17 PM »
Another documentary - haven't watched it yet.

Madeleine McCann An ID Murder Mystery

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:56:10 PM by Angelo222 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline The General

« Reply #4141 on: April 09, 2019, 08:29:37 PM »
Another documentary - haven't watched it yet.

Madeleine McCann An ID Murder Mystery

Doesn't appear to be working.
But if the title is anything to go by, it will be cack
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #4142 on: April 09, 2019, 08:34:42 PM »
I didn't read the message - it does work.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4143 on: April 09, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
Watch it on YouTube.  Is this the Netflix version?  https://youtu.be/MDJA1v0rj6w

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:26:36 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #4144 on: April 09, 2019, 09:25:28 PM »
What it on YouTube.  Is this the Netflix version?
No, but it seems to be all of the same interviewees though.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #4145 on: April 09, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »
I haven't seen the Netflix series but at 7 minutes that clown MWT believes Matt went inside the apartment at 9pm to check.  He does well if he can get any facts right. How can he be taken seriously? The devil is in the detail does not apply to him!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4146 on: April 10, 2019, 10:37:06 AM »
I've watched the whole of the ID offering now and it is stuffed with factual errors.

But that is the whole point of an alleged true-crime 'documentary'.  The talking heads are selected on their ability to be entertainment.  Investigative fact is merely collateral damage.

My thanks to pathfinder73 for bringing this effort to my attention.
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #4147 on: April 10, 2019, 10:44:07 AM »
I've watched the whole of the ID offering now and it is stuffed with factual errors.

But that is the whole point of an alleged true-crime 'documentary'.  The talking heads are selected on their ability to be entertainment.  Investigative fact is merely collateral damage.

I'm glad you've watched it so we don't now have to.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4148 on: April 10, 2019, 11:07:33 AM »
I haven't seen the Netflix series but at 7 minutes that clown MWT believes Matt went inside the apartment at 9pm to check.  He does well if he can get any facts right. How can he be taken seriously? The devil is in the detail does not apply to him!

In my opinion there wasn't much of interest. Neil Berry claimed that Madeleine plunged off the boat and into the sea on Thursday morning to get his daughter's hat which had fallen in. A Metodo 3 employee admitted he offered Makinka half a nillion to talk. Brian and Patrick Kennedy and the Haynes Hubbards spoke. I would be surprised if they did that against the McCann's wishes.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4149 on: April 10, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »

Basically the 'talking heads' have no idea how they will be used or edited so always a risky business for them.

What is the provenance of this 'documentary' ... did the 'talking' heads know what programme they were contributing to, or were they pirated from elsewhere?

The interviewees were fine and much as one would expect but I found the voice over to be totally inaccurate in parts.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4150 on: April 10, 2019, 11:47:27 AM »
Basically the 'talking heads' have no idea how they will be used or edited so always a risky business for them.

What is the provenance of this 'documentary' ... did the 'talking' heads know what programme they were contributing to, or were they pirated from elsewhere?

The interviewees were fine and much as one would expect but I found the voice over to be totally inaccurate in parts.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'voice over'.  Amaral?

One of the key facts that struck me was that the programme was narrated in a US accent.  Presumably the original was aimed at a target audience of the US and Canada, but I don't know.  It could be anywhere English speaking.

It's no worse than many of the offerings on the subject.  I consider that most who have studied the case would find the flaws.

But most people on Planet Earth have not put time and effort in researching the case, and for those, it was much better than nothing.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4151 on: April 10, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'voice over'.  Amaral?

One of the key facts that struck me was that the programme was narrated in a US accent.  Presumably the original was aimed at a target audience of the US and Canada, but I don't know.  It could be anywhere English speaking.

It's no worse than many of the offerings on the subject.  I consider that most who have studied the case would find the flaws.

But most people on Planet Earth have not put time and effort in researching the case, and for those, it was much better than nothing.

I have always assumed a voice-over is a commentary given by an off camera presenter to provide explanation or continuity.

Amaral was a translation ... which I suppose could also be referred to as a voice-over since it was ... as opposed to using subtitles.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4152 on: April 12, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
I wonder why this question is being asked about the McCanns?

Are they still together?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8653012/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-still-together/

Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4153 on: April 12, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »
I wonder why this question is being asked about the McCanns?

Are they still together?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8653012/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-still-together/

Just click bait imo
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4154 on: April 12, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Just click bait imo

An extremely irresponsible and unnecessary story imo.
Result = happy posting.