Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400529 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4410 on: May 03, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »
Do you think anyone under police investigation will be impressed by the conduct of those investigating them? And it has to be noted that the McCann's friends were instrumental in having him investigated in the first place.
I seen the program on Quest Red last night discussed the Jane Tanner identification of Murat as a matter of fact.

Jane Tanner did not identify Murat as a matter of fact.

Offline The General

« Reply #4411 on: May 03, 2019, 06:44:39 PM »
I temember him bein most disparaging about it, he thought they were trying to stitch him up!
Yes, they played an absolute blinder, the old bait and switch, and searched his gaff.
But I'm referring to his interview. Don't remember him feeling 'interrogated'.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4412 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:55 PM »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/129407/Kate-McCann-returns-to-Portugal

‘But it is understood that, as well as updating lawyers about the search for their daughter, who would now be six, they will be meeting representatives from a new PR agency, whom they hope can turn public opinion in Portugal in their favour.’

We have no reason to believe that they are still not working for the parents.

In other words ... apart from tabloid speculation in 2009 ...
Snip
But it is understood that, as well as updating lawyers about the search for their daughter, who would now be six, they will be meeting representatives from a new PR agency, whom they hope can turn public opinion in Portugal in their favour.
  ... your speculation remains still entirely that ... and certainly hardly ranking as current headline news.  So why the angst?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4413 on: May 03, 2019, 06:50:21 PM »
Last night's program and Colin Sutton put it across that way. If you don't like it, there is not much I can do about the editorial content I'm afraid.
Your barking up the wrong tree on that one.

So are you ... if you think that is headline news.  It is decidedly dated.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4414 on: May 03, 2019, 06:51:28 PM »
Last night's program and Colin Sutton put it across that way. If you don't like it, there is not much I can do about the editorial content I'm afraid.
Your barking up the wrong tree on that one.

There is no mention of any libel action by Jane Tanner in todays latest news.

Jane Tanner did not identify Murat as a matter of fact.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:56:25 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4415 on: May 03, 2019, 06:56:08 PM »
Do you think anyone under police investigation will be impressed by the conduct of those investigating them? And it has to be noted that the McCann's friends were instrumental in having him investigated in the first place.
I seen the program on Quest Red last night discussed the Jane Tanner identification of Murat as a matter of fact.

You are mistaken that the McCann's friends were instrumental in having Murat investigated ... unless you are able to provide the required cite?  Thank you

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4416 on: May 03, 2019, 06:59:42 PM »
That's not what it said in the program, That's a fact that you'll have to take up with the producers.
And out of curiousity, how do you know what Jane Tanner done as a matter of fact?

I don't have to take up anything at all.

And how do you know what Jane Tanner done, apart from this programme, which is incorrect, if what you say is true.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4417 on: May 03, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »
Yes, they played an absolute blinder, the old bait and switch, and searched his gaff.
But I'm referring to his interview. Don't remember him feeling 'interrogated'.
Don’t remember him describing it as a cosy chat either.  Aren’t you just getting hung up on semantics?  What’s the difference between question under caution and interrogate under caution?  Do you think one necessarily involves aggression and the other not?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4418 on: May 03, 2019, 07:11:34 PM »
In other words ... apart from tabloid speculation in 2009 ...
Snip
But it is understood that, as well as updating lawyers about the search for their daughter, who would now be six, they will be meeting representatives from a new PR agency, whom they hope can turn public opinion in Portugal in their favour.
  ... your speculation remains still entirely that ... and certainly hardly ranking as current headline news.  So why the angst?

What angst ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4419 on: May 03, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
So how are we all feeling about what looks like a pretty credible news story, if Joana Morais’ take on it is anything to go by? 

Can it possibly be true that the PJ are not looking at the parents?  Is this because of all the pressure put on them by the dastardly Brits? 

Where does this leave the supposed case against the parents that the Met have busily been assembling?  It’s a bit of a turn up for the books isn’t it?  Thr PJ looking at a paedo and the Met allegedly convinced the McCanns dunnit!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4420 on: May 03, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »
I know what Jane Tanner done because a ID documentary told viewers last night that's exactly what she done. It's easy enough to watch it and you'll see yourself.

If this is the impression that you got then it is incorrect.

Offline The General

« Reply #4421 on: May 03, 2019, 07:19:28 PM »
Don’t remember him describing it as a cosy chat either.  Aren’t you just getting hung up on semantics?  What’s the difference between question under caution and interrogate under caution?  Do you think one necessarily involves aggression and the other not?
I Agree. It's Brietta who prefers the emotive description of 'interrogation' that Kate went through. I think it was an interview. In an interview room. Amaral called it an 'interrogation', which I believe is merely translatory language.
Murat, although clearly unimpressed with his treatment, as you'd expect when one is being fitted up, he never said he was interrogated
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4422 on: May 03, 2019, 07:22:31 PM »
I agree.
It was the internet that gave us the two completely different versions of the last time the child's father and his best friend seen the child alive. That was the most ground breaking news I'm aware of in this case so far.

I've just received another warning for god knows what, but welcome to the being watched club.  8((()*/
If you’re being watched, just flash your cheeky monkey bum at them, that’s what I’d do...  8(0(*

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4423 on: May 03, 2019, 07:28:04 PM »
If a commentator on the program says Jane Tanner done this, then I'll take the impression that's exactly what she done.

Ah, I see.  If a commentator on the programme says Jane Tanner done this, then you'll take the impression that's exactly what she done.

Even if this isn't true?  How very odd.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4424 on: May 03, 2019, 07:31:47 PM »
Haven't all Scotland Yards new leads over the years been credible?
That must mean the Brits got the bungling burglars theory all wrong if the new lead is credible.
They don't know their erse from their elbow by the looks of it.
I don’t think the bungling burglars theory was the only one they were ever pursuing seeing as how they were looking into paedo activity in the area.