Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400470 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4440 on: May 03, 2019, 08:58:28 PM »
I don't think anyone has said that. Maybe you have a cite ?
It was claimed that he was seen in the vicinity that night, a claim he denied, I believe.

"Jane Tanner identified Robert Murat as the man she saw carrying the child across the top of the road."

If it wasn't Madeleine then which child was it?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4441 on: May 03, 2019, 09:01:38 PM »
"Jane Tanner identified Robert Murat as the man she saw carrying the child across the top of the road."

If it wasn't Madeleine then which child was it?
A fantasy child, perhaps - certainly no reason to assume it was Madeleine - IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4442 on: May 03, 2019, 09:07:20 PM »
A fantasy child, perhaps - certainly no reason to assume it was Madeleine - IMO

Or Robert Murat.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4443 on: May 03, 2019, 09:17:28 PM »
Perhaps you can tell me why The PJ never got a statement to this supposed fact.

I believe they did but never published it.  One reason Murat became a suspect was because the tapas crowd said he was there outside block 5 the night Maddie disappeared when according to him he never left his mother's villa.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 09:20:33 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4444 on: May 03, 2019, 09:20:35 PM »
I believe they did but never published it.

You what?

Oh, I see.  The PJ had Murat banged to rights but decided not to pursue it.

This getting more ridiculous by the minute.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4445 on: May 03, 2019, 09:21:39 PM »
Do we accept that Jane Tanner did identify Robert Murat then?

Certainly not.  But you can if you like.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4446 on: May 03, 2019, 09:22:23 PM »
You what?

Oh, I see.  The PJ had Murat banged to rights but decided not to pursue it.

This getting more ridiculous by the minute.

Amaral took it seriously to begin with but later came to the conclusion that Tanner was an unreliable witness.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4447 on: May 03, 2019, 09:23:36 PM »
Certainly not.  But you can if you like.

Believe whatever you like but she did tell the British police that she just thought it was him.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4448 on: May 03, 2019, 09:30:53 PM »
Believe whatever you like but she did tell the British police that she just thought it was him.

No wonder The PJ didn't pursue it.  She also said she didn't think it was.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4449 on: May 03, 2019, 09:35:10 PM »
Tanner Reply    “You know, or said yeah, had said that he wasn’t there on the night, so you know was immediately, I think it was immediately, I’m not trying to push anything onto Robert MURAT’s door, cos as I say I don’t think it was him that I saw”.

Cop 4078    “No”.

Tanner Reply    “But I just thought IT was”.

What is JT referring to do you believe when she refers to “But I just thought IT was”? She thinks what was?

I have no idea.  But I don't see anything therein that would ever be fit with which to charge Murat.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4450 on: May 03, 2019, 09:36:57 PM »
The PJ did pursue it, they pulled him in and made him an arguido for god's sake.

And much good did that do them.  Nor with The McCanns either.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4451 on: May 03, 2019, 09:42:31 PM »
I have no idea.  But I don't see anything therein that would ever be fit with which to charge Murat.

Good job they didn't charge him with anything then.  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4452 on: May 03, 2019, 09:44:19 PM »
Why should I believe it's not true if it is? That would be odd, very odd indeed. The program says she did, Amaral says she did. Jane Tanner has never said she didn't. If you have proof that Jane Tanner didn't identify Robert Murat then now would be a great time to share it?
Find the statement where Jane makes that claim.  Amaral claims Jane IDs Robert Murat but Jane denies that in her rogatory interview.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4453 on: May 03, 2019, 09:46:28 PM »
But they believed it was a credible enough to waste their time on it. It turned out to be wrong apparently.
That is how they eliminate suspects. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4454 on: May 03, 2019, 10:15:00 PM »
In the documentary titled; "The Disappearance Of Madeleine McCann" the program claims that Jane Tannner ID'd Robert Murat from the survaillance van. Now that's a fact. A simple documented fact that some on here are struggling to grasp. 
Since when did you have the authority as a moderator to try to tell people what to do, uh?
Go watch it and open your ears.

Where exactly does Jane deny it in her rogatory? Time to practice what you preach?
It is a suggestion, take it or leave it.  Now to get it straight is it the Netflix documentary you are talking about, and not the podcast?
Which episode and and at roughly what part of the episode are you discussing?
Moderation