Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400466 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4650 on: May 05, 2019, 06:35:13 PM »
Unfortunately the proletariat see the word paedophile and the nuances are lost.
                                           &%%6
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4651 on: May 05, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
Sorry who was rather pleased Amaral had leaked the story ? Not sceptics surely ? Why ?

What wonderful story was this he leaked?  Who would be please that a paedophile/gang/ whatever stole Maddie ?
Did the parents not try to divert that possibility by claiming a loving family had her. mind you what kind of loving 'family' would jemmy shutters, steal her without her cuddle cat, drug her...

The very fact that a paedophile was mentioned at the begining leaves me shuddering at the parents behaviour at that time and since.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4652 on: May 05, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
I thought Ney had been ‘in the frame’ as far back as 2012 ? Surely any investigation would have been compromised at that point ?

Where did I say this guy had been "in the frame" as far back as 2012 ?

If you reread the second sentence in your post and give it a moment or two of serious contemplation, perhaps you will realise how absurd it might appear to the disinterested reader.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4653 on: May 05, 2019, 06:49:58 PM »
Amaral broke the story.  Initially some folk seemed quite pleased at that ... but I think the ramifications of what he did are beginning to sink home.
Yes, has anyone of the sceptic persuasion who believes the McCanns are behind this latest news been able to explain how Amaral knew about this weeks before the papers reported it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4654 on: May 05, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
Why do I need to do what.? I only loose it if I've lose the bet remember. If you want to know who I am just ask and I'll tell you. Your ever in Glasgow just let me know and I'll show you the sights. That's if your not too old of course.

If you are of a certain age I'll make more appropriate arrangements.
8(>((

"Up suckie doon - buckie and alang argyle.." Our neighbour used to say that and she was German. It was hilarious her learning English.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:59:43 AM by Angelo222 »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #4655 on: May 05, 2019, 07:16:19 PM »
Yes, has anyone of the sceptic persuasion who believes the McCanns are behind this latest news been able to explain how Amaral knew about this weeks before the papers reported it?

Could be it never was a secret in police circles, but the media hadn't got hold of it until this week.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4656 on: May 05, 2019, 07:35:15 PM »
Why do I need to do what.? I only loose it if I've lose the bet remember. If you want to know who I am just ask and I'll tell you. Your ever in Glasgow just let me know and I'll show you the sights. That's if your not too old of course.

If you are of a certain age I'll make more appropriate arrangements.
Been there numerous times,  no burning desire to return but thanks for the offer.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4657 on: May 05, 2019, 07:36:11 PM »
Could be it never was a secret in police circles, but the media hadn't got hold of it until this week.
So not made up by the McCanns in your view...?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4658 on: May 05, 2019, 07:39:56 PM »
So not made up by the McCanns in your view...?

Always difficult to tell. Official mouthpiece might had had some influence over release date.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4659 on: May 05, 2019, 07:40:50 PM »
Where did I say this guy had been "in the frame" as far back as 2012 ?

If you reread the second sentence in your post and give it a moment or two of serious contemplation, perhaps you will realise how absurd it might appear to the disinterested reader.

In your rush to undermine my post you obviously didn’t notice that I didn’t say that you’d said Ney had been in the frame since 2012, the press articles already posted does.

You claimed that the release of Ney’s identity could have a detrimental effect on a live investigation....pre-warned....I think you said but with the interest in 2012 that detrimental effect would have already occurred.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:03:44 PM by Eleanor »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4660 on: May 05, 2019, 07:45:16 PM »
Always difficult to tell. Official mouthpiece might had had some influence over release date.
Why would Amaral be spreading information from a McCann source, out of interest?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4661 on: May 05, 2019, 07:46:25 PM »
You must have had a burning desire to return when you were younger if you came back numerous times.
That's nice and your most welcome.
No.  My sole reason for visiting was business related.  I used to go to Edinburgh for pleasure :-)

Offline jassi

« Reply #4662 on: May 05, 2019, 07:48:20 PM »
Why would Amaral be spreading information from a McCann source, out of interest?

No no no.you misunderstand - probably deliberately  8)--))

Amaral was informed through his contacts. Nothing to do with McCann

Or maybe not -

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4663 on: May 05, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »
No.  My sole reason for visiting was business related.  I used to go to Edinburgh for pleasure :-)

I've always preferred Edinburgh .
A beautiful city.
Shopping is better in Glasgow!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:03:27 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4664 on: May 05, 2019, 08:05:48 PM »
I've always preferred Edinburgh .
A beautiful city.
Shopping is better in Glasgow!

Glasgow is the City of my soul.