Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400493 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4725 on: May 06, 2019, 12:03:42 PM »
Here's a link to minutes from an obscure council meeting with members of the public in 2010. They did a study when the issue was in its infancy and decided they had a real problem on their hands with professional 'Eastern European' beggars.
They still do. Look what you made me do......on a bank holiday; I could have been doing washing too....
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/meetings/id/8135/question_and_written_answer_from_meeting_of_10_may_2010
That was nine years ago, Angelo’s observation was more recent than that.  Is begging not against the law in Scotland?  Why haven’t they all been rounded up and shot like the s..m they clearly are?  Oops, channeling Angelo there for a minute.  But seriously, are these “immigrant beggars” disgusting criminals, or victims of disgusting criminals, or don’t you really care either way, just get them out of your sight?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4726 on: May 06, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
Probably not acceptable as a cite as far as you’re concerned.  http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/blog/newsblog/post/1462/new-research-reveals-the-hardships-of-those-begging-in-edinburgh
I didn't read it, but it probably isn't.
Nah, I read that. I'm not going to go in to the vagaries if homelessness / begging in Scotland, suffice to say, knowing people there, it's a problem. I could get my mate to send me a text to confirm. I'll post it as a cite as soon as he responds and if he doesn't tell me to foxtrot oscar.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4727 on: May 06, 2019, 12:05:57 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9007670/madeleine-mccanns-mum-kate-said-photofit-looks-martin-ney-portugal/

mayby he wasn't seen lurking around 5a at all - does anyone else think the photo resembles gmc IMO

It could have been gmc going in and out of the apartment. imo

Offline The General

« Reply #4728 on: May 06, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »
That was nine years ago, Angelo’s observation was more recent than that.  Is begging not against the law in Scotland?  Why haven’t they all been rounded up and shot like the s..m they clearly are?  Oops, channeling Angelo there for a minute.  But seriously, are these “immigrant beggars” disgusting criminals, or victims of disgusting criminals, or don’t you really care either way, just get them out of your sight?
I know the challenges of homelessness better than most, let's put it that way.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4729 on: May 06, 2019, 12:08:51 PM »
The Sun that Mr Mitchell was promoting Mr Ney as the new suspect in yesterday, is today reporting 
GERMAN child killer Martin Ney is NOT the new Madeleine McCann suspect Portuguese police are investigating, according to reports.

It seems like the truth may be, that what Mr Mitchell was feeding us yesterday may well have been utter garbage after all. Ain't that a surprise! The mystery deepens it tells us.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4207767/madeleine-mccann-resort-worker-saw-german-child-killer-suspect-near-maddies-apartment-around-time-toddler-vanished/
Mr Mitchell fed us the line that Ney ticked the boxes but also that he may not be the suspect the police had their sights on, yet you still think this is utter garbage.  Can I ask why?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4730 on: May 06, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »
I didn't read it, but it probably isn't.
Nah, I read that. I'm not going to go in to the vagaries if homelessness / begging in Scotland, suffice to say, knowing people there, it's a problem. I could get my mate to send me a text to confirm. I'll post it as a cite as soon as he responds and if he doesn't tell me to foxtrot oscar.
Yeah, your mate’s word trumps this in depth research about homelessness in Edinburgh, deffo.  Can’t wait for you to share it.   8(*(

Offline The General

« Reply #4731 on: May 06, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »
Yeah, your mate’s word trumps this in depth research about homelessness in Edinburgh, deffo.  Can’t wait for you to share it.   8(*(
You'll be waiting a long time, I was joking.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4732 on: May 06, 2019, 12:12:45 PM »
I know the challenges of homelessness better than most, let's put it that way.
Oh right an expert in homelessness and the issues of criminal begging gangs in Edinburgh, of course I should have known.  Well actually I am a homeless beggar in Edinburgh myself, sitting in MacDonalds on Princes Street right now drinking a 90p coffee bought with my begging money  and using their free wi-fi, so I win. 

Offline The General

« Reply #4733 on: May 06, 2019, 12:13:46 PM »
Oh yes we do

Quote from: The General on May 04, 2019, 02:57:01 PM
Ad hom. I'm telling a sceptical mod off you.......

dou you mean ....of you..

I post thousands of posts very quickly....I could go back and correct the mistakes...I really cant be bothered.

The biggest culprit in the misuse of grammar and spelling seems to be the main accuser.

Ooh, snap!

Offline The General

« Reply #4734 on: May 06, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »
Oh right an expert in homelessness and the issues of criminal begging gangs in Edinburgh, of course I should have known.  Well actually I am a homeless beggar in Edinburgh myself, sitting in MacDonalds on Princes Street right now drinking a 90p coffee bought with my begging money  and using their free wi-fi, so I win.
I'll PM you.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4735 on: May 06, 2019, 12:14:27 PM »
You'll be waiting a long time, I was joking.
Oh me too dear, I wasn’t really gonna hold my breath (though you might want to do that if you come within 10 yards of me in Maccie D’s right now, haven’t had a shower in over 10 days).

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4736 on: May 06, 2019, 12:15:03 PM »

Offline The General

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4738 on: May 06, 2019, 12:31:56 PM »
Because for one... Some genuinely can't spell and have poor grammar... I don't dee that should be continually highlighted..
I certainly have a touch of dyslexia... But then again so do a number of brilliant people

I did wonder about dyslexia.  However, you also appear to ignore the forum spellchecker.  Would you like to clarify on that?
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4739 on: May 06, 2019, 12:33:23 PM »
Oh yes we do

Quote from: The General on May 04, 2019, 02:57:01 PM
Ad hom. I'm telling a sceptical mod off you.......

dou you mean ....of you..

I post thousands of posts very quickly....I could go back and correct the mistakes...I really cant be bothered.

The biggest culprit in the misuse of grammar and spelling seems to be the main accuser.

That was a question.  Not a criticism.  And even I wondered what "Off you" meant.