Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400468 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4785 on: May 06, 2019, 02:40:59 PM »
Oh but it really does.  My phone is an iPhone SE, I use Safari, but rarely to post on this forum.  Just thought you’d like to know.  Anyone need my IP address while you’re at it?

Thanks, I was simply curious as to why 95% plus of Davel's mistakes are simply QWERTY keyboard errors.

I've had a look at the Huawei P10 virtual keyboard, and it is QWERTY, so puzzle over.

Or is it?  Does a modern phone lack a spellchecker?
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4786 on: May 06, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »
Espresso, a known McCann friendly network, claim that the new suspect is a German paedophile...the McCann’s spokesperson is ready when asked with a comment even though he claims he can’t comment on the ongoing investigation and even though, it was claimed, that he and the parents were specifically asked not to comment on the investigation.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to gauge what’s happening here.
I’m not a rocket scientist, not even half as clever as one, so why don’t you tell us what is happening here, in your view?  Educate me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4787 on: May 06, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »
Thanks, I was simply curious as to why 95% plus of Davel's mistakes are simply QWERTY keyboard errors.

I've had a look at the Huawei P10 virtual keyboard, and it is QWERTY, so puzzle over.

Or is it?  Does a modern phone lack a spellchecker?

when Im typing with my one manly fat finger Im looling at the keyboard not the tiny are of the screen where the text is displayed...most of it quickly scrolls up and disappears...I usually dont bother to check it...when youre making the number of posts i do there simply isnt time...and the more im criticised the less i want to correct it..on the phone keyboard the comma is next to the space bar...hence the excess commas

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4788 on: May 06, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »
when Im typing with my one manly fat finger Im looling at the keyboard not the tiny are of the screen where the text is displayed...most of it quickly scrolls up and disappears...I usually dont bother to check it...when youre making the number of posts i do there simply isnt time...and the more im criticised the less i want to correct it

The fat finger remark has reminded me of another true event.

Once upon a time I made a cup of tea, for my beloved to enjoy in her bed.  I asked my grandson to take it upstairs for her, because at that time he was the apple of her eye.  Tea in bed plus favourite grandchild.  Does it get any better?

He took the tea from me and made it to the bottom of the stairs.  There he stopped.

I asked him what was wrong.  He replied "I can't do it.  I've got fat fingers."
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4789 on: May 06, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »
He's treating the public like mugs. Was there anything he said in the article that wasn't speculation? Was any of it true? Is that not what you calling spinning on the parent's behalf unless the utter garbage (speculation) about Ney is true... and he is the new lead? AND they were informed about it by the police? He's their spokesman.

If Ney is the new lead, that's an apology I owe both you and Mitchell.
If he's not, then Mitchell is clearly treating the public like mugs.
Once again, you aren’t making much sense.  Do I have to point out again that Mitchell said it might not be him?  Which statement by Mitchell is a lie in your view? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4790 on: May 06, 2019, 04:51:59 PM »
You've got more brains and you have to ask me that.
Mitchell: “we cannot speculate."

If he spent almost the entire article feeding them speculation, then he must be lying about he couldn't speculate.

Get it now?

Edited to add, if the parents were really being briefed on any new developments by SY there should have been no need whatsoever for their spokesman to speculate.
The parents aren't being briefed by SY on new developments imo if their spokesman feels the need to feed utter garbage (speculation) to the newspapers imo. 

Can you think of any other reason why a spokesman who cannot speculate would choose to go speculating to the newspapers if his clients were really being briefed on new developments?
No I’m sorry I still don’t get what is making you so apparently het up.  He was asked for a comment and he gave it, it tells us nothing more than the papers already new and advises caution.  No lies, no misinformation, nothing to hang the man for, IMO. 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4791 on: May 06, 2019, 06:28:09 PM »
Cite for he was ask for a comment? Thank you.
Cite for me being 'het' up? Thank You.

A nonsensical request.  No Cites needed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4792 on: May 06, 2019, 06:31:35 PM »
Cite for he was ask for a comment? Thank you.
Cite for me being 'het' up? Thank You.
From the Mail article that has so provoked your ire:

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry said at the weekend when asked about Ney: 'He fits the profile - he is a known predatory paedophile and he's a foreigner.

'It is quite plausible police are looking at him again but it could be someone else.

'If he is the person of interest, a German force will have to get involved to interview him on their soil.'

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4793 on: May 06, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, why would they ask Clarence Mitchell for a comment.? It wasn't his child that went missing.. and the police won't be providing him with briefings on the investigation. How would he know anything?

All you have provided us with is confirmation of Mitchell's lies. That's speculation you have cited, the one thing he "cannot do." False speculation at that, it would appear.
LOL.  Clarence Mitchell is the McCanns’ spokesman, I that’s probably why the media approached him for a quote don’t you?

Please list all Mitchell’s lies from the article.  Speculation cannot be a lie. 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4794 on: May 06, 2019, 08:23:01 PM »
Out of curiosity, why would they ask Clarence Mitchell for a comment.? It wasn't his child that went missing.. and the police won't be providing him with briefings on the investigation. How would he know anything?

All you have provided us with is confirmation of Mitchell's lies. That's speculation you have cited, the one thing he "cannot do." False speculation at that, it would appear.

We won't be accusing Clarence Mitchell of telling lies either.  This is all in your opinion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4795 on: May 06, 2019, 08:32:08 PM »
He said he couldn't speculate and in fact immediately proceeded to speculate for much of the article, let me put it that way.

Would you like cites for any of that?
You’ve obviously got a massive bee in your bonnet about this, IMO there are no lies and nothing worth getting so aerated about in what Clarence said, but it seems he does have this effect on some sceptics.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4796 on: May 06, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
He said he couldn't speculate and in fact immediately proceeded to speculate for much of the article, let me put it that way.

Would you like cites for any of that?

yes ...Id like to raed it...waht I know from personal expereince ...sil found the same...is its newsappers that tell teh lies...I was quoted in the SUn...and what they claimed I said...was not what I said

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4797 on: May 06, 2019, 08:35:00 PM »
Cite for media approaching Mitchell for a comment please? Thank you.

Can you prove Mitchell didn't approach the media?

have you heard of the Celestial Teapot...its out there somewhere

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4798 on: May 06, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »
Mitchel: "We can not speculate."

Mitchel: "It might be him and he fits the profile,"
Mitchell: "It is quite possible and plausible police are looking at him"
Mitchell: "There is a degree of credibility it is Ney but we cannot speculate."
Mitchell: "And if Ney is the person of interest a German force will then have to get involved"

He doesn't know if any of those are true, so he bloody well can speculate.

sorry,....you have to provide a link to the whole article...

when he says we cannot speculate he is referring to Ney....a particular point,,,..hes not saying we cannot speculate in general...so he isnt lying
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:47:11 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4799 on: May 06, 2019, 08:44:53 PM »
Cite for media approaching Mitchell for a comment please? Thank you.

Can you prove Mitchell didn't approach the media?
I’ve already provided a cite for the first, tbh I am beginning to lose the will to live.