Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400468 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4875 on: June 01, 2019, 05:20:08 PM »
Read the article.

I've read it... Now you support your claim it's meaningless
You can't.  ...because it isnt

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4876 on: June 01, 2019, 05:22:26 PM »
I've read it... Now you support your claim it's meaningless
You can't.  ...because it isnt

I don't need to.  Any reasonable member or guest can judge for themself.

What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4877 on: June 01, 2019, 05:23:00 PM »
Including and measuring are not the same things. Here is a cite about measuring literacy.

https://ourworldindata.org/how-is-literacy-measured

Of course it can be measured in different  ways... Pisa chose one and applied that to all the countries in the study... To describe the study as meaningless which you appear to support is risible... Carry on

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4878 on: June 01, 2019, 05:24:15 PM »
I don't need to.  Any reasonable member or guest can judge for themself.

If you claim it's meaningless as a fact you need to supply an explanation... Otherwise your input is meaningless

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4879 on: June 01, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »
If you claim it's meaningless as a fact you need to supply an explanation... Otherwise your input is meaningless

Oddly enough nope.

It's a red flag that your cite does not support your claim.

Perhaps members and guests have the stamina to wade through your alleged cite.

Or perhaps not.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:38:08 PM by ShiningInLuz »
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4880 on: June 01, 2019, 05:42:21 PM »
Oddly enough nope.

It's a red flag that your cite does not support your claim.

Perhaps members and guests have the stamina to wade through your alleged cite.

Or perhaps not.

you continue to state your opinion as fact

If you state my cite does not support my claim as a fact...you need to supply some supporting argument..you cannot...which leads me to think your claim is fraudulent

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4881 on: June 01, 2019, 05:46:46 PM »
you continue to state your opinion as fact

If you state my cite does not support my claim as a fact...you need to supply some supporting argument..you cannot...which leads me to think your claim is fraudulent

Don't worry.  Your opinion matters to me just as much as you claim it does.  Not a jot.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4882 on: June 01, 2019, 05:53:51 PM »
Don't worry.  Your opinion matters to me just as much as you claim it does.  Not a jot.

and do you think yours matters to me...as ive stated...I dont value anyones opinion unless its based on evidence...that includes everyone....

Offline jassi

« Reply #4883 on: June 01, 2019, 06:52:57 PM »
What's goading about a song title ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4884 on: June 01, 2019, 07:09:45 PM »
what is the point in providing a cite when  poster such a sil can simply say its meaningless...when it obviously isnt....nd provide nothing to support that claim...could a mod explain...it makes a mockery of the rules

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4885 on: June 01, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »
sil is just annoyed because he claimed the UK education system had taken students down to the LCD and I provided a cite which showed students in the UK are at the same level as portugal in maths and reading and ahead in science...so are the portuguese dumbed down too

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4886 on: June 01, 2019, 08:14:29 PM »
You're a mod, so you should know
So what are you saying the mods know the rules but the members don't!  Are you talking about the moderator methods?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4887 on: June 01, 2019, 08:20:39 PM »
You're a mod, so you should know. All to do with not deleting things willy nilly

Where did you get that from ?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4888 on: June 01, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »
You're a mod, so you should know. All to do with not deleting things willy nilly
There was a message about that.  More emphasis on editing. 

Other Mods - do you have to report a post before editing it, or just cut corners and edit it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4889 on: June 01, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »
There was a message about that.  More emphasis on editing. 

Other Mods - do you have to report a post before editing it, or just cut corners and edit it?

I report everything.  Because if the modified post is not reported the editors will be unable to see the original wording used if arbitration is requested.
There has been discussion very recently http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8404.0 where it would be beneficial to discuss moderation.

Jassi hasn't answered my question.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:56:09 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....