Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400504 times)

Offline The General

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5370 on: July 01, 2019, 02:00:38 PM »
The General is a sceptic based mainly on the evidence of the dogs... Which he judges to be reliable
Can't say fairer than that.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5371 on: July 01, 2019, 05:10:10 PM »
Can't say fairer than that.
Are you a hunter who has owned dogs or worked with dogs?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5372 on: July 01, 2019, 05:58:25 PM »
Exactly. We used to go to the church, grab a leaflet, check what colour frock he had on and legged it down to the shop with the money that was meant for the collection box.

@)(++(*
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #5373 on: July 01, 2019, 06:13:17 PM »
Desperation... Although there are, scientists who are religious

More than you would imagine.

Humanist are a lot like Buddhist  in some respect. It is a lovely religion.

It is not that surprising Kate needed the presence of a priest, I believe there was maybe a guilt factor.

The pope  visit that was a staged -almost presedential visit-IMO  the fear was there ,of them becoming hate figures, losing jobs/careers and maybe short term prison for neglect. They became untouchable.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5374 on: July 01, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »

It is not that surprising Kate needed the presence of a priest, I believe there was maybe a guilt factor.

The pope  visit that was a staged -almost presedential visit-IMO  the fear was there ,of them becoming hate figures, losing jobs/careers and maybe short term prison for neglect. They became untouchable.

The pope thing puzzles me. Why was such a big thing made of it ? I’m not a catholic but attended a papal audience when in Rome. Anyone who attended could have gone up to be blessed by him....it was also much more intimate than the parents meeting with the supreme pontiff.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:24:22 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5375 on: July 01, 2019, 06:21:53 PM »

Is that the " lovely religion" which is responsible for the persecution and genocide of Muslims in Myanmar?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5376 on: July 01, 2019, 06:33:56 PM »

All in your opinion of course?

« Reply #5377 on: July 01, 2019, 06:34:14 PM »

Is that the " lovely religion" which is responsible for the persecution and genocide of Muslims in Myanmar?

I was referring to the religion- the philosophy of self enlightement ect.

AND muslims, Roman Catholics don't kill. maim, murder, or commit atrocities in the name of their 'gods' invisible man in sky?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5378 on: July 01, 2019, 06:39:52 PM »
The pope thing puzzles me. Why was such a big thing made of it ? I’m not a catholic but attended a papal audience when in Rome. Anyone who attended could have gone up to be blessed by him....it was also much more intimate than the parents meeting with the supreme pontiff.
Are you suggesting that any old Tom, Dick or Lilly can get an intimate audience with His Magnificent Popeness when ever they fancy? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5379 on: July 01, 2019, 06:42:47 PM »
I was referring to the religion- the philosophy of self enlightement ect.

AND muslims, Roman Catholics don't kill. maim, murder, or commit atrocities in the name of their 'gods' invisible man in sky?

It would have been less of a prejudiced post if you had said Christians rather than specifying only the Roman Catholic faith but to be expected!
In my opinion of course.
Of course all religions have committed atrocities, much against the intrinsic beliefs of their faith.
Buddhists are no exception!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5380 on: July 01, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »
Are you suggesting that any old Tom, Dick or Lilly can get an intimate audience with His Magnificent Popeness when ever they fancy?

The McCanns were given an 'almost Presedential Visit".
Welcomed personally by the Pope in the Vatican, the exchange of gifts, the quiet private meeting????
I believe I saw them in a long line of people waiting outside to meet and greet the Pope?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:52:36 PM by Erngath »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5381 on: July 01, 2019, 06:53:45 PM »
The McCanns were given an 'almost Presedential Visit".
Welcomed personally by the Pope in the Vatican, the exchange of gifts, the quiet private meeting????
I believe I saw them in a long line of people waiting outside to meet and greet the Pope?

Perhaps you have a different version of Kate's book than I have?
What's up, old man?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5382 on: July 01, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
Perhaps you have a different version of Kate's book than I have?

I've no idea.
I was quoting Mistaken's post.

Offline The General

« Reply #5383 on: July 01, 2019, 07:03:04 PM »

It would have been less of a prejudiced post if you had said Christians rather than specifying only the Roman Catholic faith but to be expected!
In my opinion of course.
Of course all religions have committed atrocities, much against the intrinsic beliefs of their faith.
Buddhists are no exception!
You reminded me of a quote from the late, great Christopher Hitchens “Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #5384 on: July 01, 2019, 07:04:33 PM »
I've no idea.
I was quoting Mistaken's post.

Whilst quoting Verti?

OK.
What's up, old man?