Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400471 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5565 on: September 11, 2019, 11:18:15 AM »
I think she received it for years of service to the police and for achieving high rank, whether or not you think individuals should be rewarded in this manner for years of public service is another argument entirely..  Personally, I think they should do away with the whole outdated concept for everyone.

Agreed.  And we can many were dished out when clearly they should not have been eg Crosby, Goodwin, Green, Savile.

Former police officer Hamish Campbell who was a senior officer in the case of Jill Dando and MM was awarded the QPM.  It remains to be seen whether or not it was deserved!  Its all a form of cronyism imo. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5566 on: September 11, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
And how is that relevant to the case.  The point I'm making is that you can't see a rise in crime in isolation and infer it's down to her management when violent crime is rising everywhere.  It seems another unfair attempt to criticise the Met

I believe CD has for some of the time had ultimate responsibility for Op Grange the operation tasked with investigating the disappearance of MM?

And the point I'm making is that rising crime might be well be a theme running across the length and breadth of the country but afaik Chief Constables have not been recognised for this failure by way of receiving a dame hood or knighthood?  So on what basis is CD being awarded a dame hood?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5567 on: September 11, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
I believe CD has for some of the time had ultimate responsibility for Op Grange the operation tasked with investigating the disappearance of MM?

And the point I'm making is that rising crime might be well be a theme running across the length and breadth of the country but afaik Chief Constables have not been recognised for this failure by way of receiving a dame hood or knighthood?  So on what basis is CD being awarded a dame hood?

You want to blame the police fir rising crime.. I think that's illigical and unfair for several reasons

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5568 on: September 11, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
You want to blame the police fir rising crime.. I think that's illigical and unfair for several reasons

Can you point me in the direction where I have blamed the police for rising crime?  I have simply questioned CD's eligibility for a dame hood.  What exactly has she achieved during her tenure that qualifies her to receive such a reward? 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5569 on: September 11, 2019, 11:54:26 AM »
Can you point me in the direction where I have blamed the police for rising crime?  I have simply questioned CD's eligibility for a dame hood.  What exactly has she achieved during her tenure that qualifies her to receive such a reward?

It seems it's normal practice.... I think it's, an outdated system.  You di seem to want to continually criticise the Met
Moped crime is halved due to the, Mets initiative... But they dint get the, support they deserve from politicians and courts...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5570 on: September 11, 2019, 12:02:59 PM »
Your post.

rising crime might be well be a theme running across the length and breadth of the country but afaik Chief Constables have not been recognised for this failure

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5571 on: September 11, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
It's what the establishment does - hands out gongs to the head of the the Met.  Get over it. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5572 on: September 12, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
Your post.

rising crime might be well be a theme running across the length and breadth of the country but afaik Chief Constables have not been recognised for this failure

I think the operative word above is 'might'.  If crime is on the increase it could be down to many factors including poorly performing police officers across all ranks. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5573 on: September 12, 2019, 08:17:47 AM »
It's what the establishment does - hands out gongs to the head of the the Met.  Get over it.

Nothing to get over I saw with my own eyes working in financial services for 2.5 decades that the system is perverse.  Almost all those responsible for the financial crisis of 07/08 had been awarded knighthoods in the run up, need I say more.     

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5574 on: September 12, 2019, 08:58:27 AM »
I think the operative word above is 'might'.  If crime is on the increase it could be down to many factors including poorly performing police officers across all ranks.
More likely to do with the cuts to police numbers.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5575 on: September 12, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »

What about fluoride in the water... Mercury in vaccines

You can blame just about anything but it's meaningless without evidence..

The Met reduced moped crime by 50%....but their methods received criticism not praise....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5576 on: September 12, 2019, 09:39:02 AM »
Imo you have very little knowledge of police work and the difficulties they face on a day to day basis

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5577 on: September 12, 2019, 10:14:00 AM »
More likely to do with the cuts to police numbers.

Possibly but as I understand it the face of crime is changing too eg cybercrime. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5578 on: September 12, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »
What about fluoride in the water... Mercury in vaccines

You can blame just about anything but it's meaningless without evidence..

The Met reduced moped crime by 50%....but their methods received criticism not praise....

Crime stats have always been controversial along with the reasons people commit crime.

According to the best selling book Freakonomics, written by 2 economists, crime in the US went down due to legalised abortion.

https://journalistsresource.org/studies/economics/abortion-crime-research-donohue-levitt/

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5579 on: September 12, 2019, 10:26:34 AM »
Imo you have very little knowledge of police work and the difficulties they face on a day to day basis

About the same sort of difficulties most others face I would have thought: bureaucracy, health and safety, procedures, politics, resources etc, etc. 

The point is are the police the best they can be?  Or do they need to up their game?