Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66169 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »
J. Morais

What is not true/does not exist/incorrect fabrications :

The 24 photos - The story according to Duarte: a Spanish tourist that was on the night of 3 of May having dinner at the Ocean Club's restaurant known as Tapas Bar takes some photos which show a few of the Tapas group members and how some, like Kate McCann, changed clothes; then the Spanish tourist back in Spain is robbed, his apartment was broken in and the camera with the alleged photos is taken; then the camera and the thief are found by the Spanish police; then Duarte worked as a middle man between the Spanish tourist the PJ and the British media who had an interest and wanted to buy the alleged photos.

Thanks for that reminder, Byron.

Clarification about the article in the newspaper The People, of August 17, 2008

The information published today by the newspaper The People, concerning myself, are false. In the days between the 9th and 15th of August, I was contacted by and have met with several British journalists (*), at their request, about the witness who claimed to have seen Madeleine McCann, in Brussels, and about the article published by myself and Paulo Reis, about the existence of 24 photos, taken the night of May 3rd, by tourists who were in the Tapas Bar.

My help had been asked, by these colleagues, because, besides the fact that they did not speak French, they did not know Brussels, did not know where and to towards whom to turn to investigate the case of the witness who claimed to have seen Madeleine.

As it the custom amongst professional colleagues, I have met with these journalists and I've helped in everything that has been possible for me. As is obvious, we have talked about the Madeleine McCann case, about the information published recently in my blog and in the blog of my colleague Paulo Reis, we exchanged our impressions and comments. I will not reproduce the comments of my English colleagues, because private conversations are private conversations - at least, for principled people.

So that it is clear: I have not, in my possession, no part (evidence) that would be of interest to the authorities or could concern the investigation of a crime.

Duarte Levy
August 17, 2008

(*) Nick Fagge & Jonathan Buckmaster - Daily Express / Lucy Hagan - The Sun / Julie (?) Daily Mail / Emily Miller - The Mirror / James Millbank - The People (14 and 15 August)

Published on Paulo's blog:

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/duarte-levy-and-people-story.html

Offline Carana

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2018, 03:29:02 PM »
I wonder if his time spent for translation is in any way related to his allegedly upcoming ebook?

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.ch/2018/02/em-e-book-disponivel-partir-de-28-de.html

From what I've read elsewhere (with no certainty as to veracity) is that it's an analysis of the UK tabloid media onslaught against PT. *

If that's the case, I'd find it interesting to read as an academic research study, but who is actually going to buy a journalist's account of it 11 years on?

* (For the record, I do find the UK xenophobic tabloid media to be an utter disgrace.)

Offline Carana

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »
Anorak's take on this:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/448387/

NB: factual error, she disappeared in 2007, not 2003.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:59:19 PM by Carana »

Offline jassi

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »
I thought all this was declared rubbish within the first dozen or so posts.
Why the continued interest?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »
For anyone interested, here is a link to the full letter sent to the PJ Chief Prosecutor in Portugal.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t14979-letter-to-portugal-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-new-evidence-of-what-happened-to-her

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:37:32 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
I thought all this was declared rubbish within the first dozen or so posts.
Why the continued interest?

It was reported in the PT press by Natasha Donn, in what is now known as the Portuguese Resident, formerly known as the Algarve Resident (not to be confused with Portugal News). natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

What has her stance been in her numerous other articles on the case?

Perhaps one should ask her as to why she was disseminating this?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:41:47 PM by Carana »

Offline John

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2018, 04:40:42 PM »
It was reported in the PT press by Natasha Donn, in what is now known as the Portuguese Resident (not to be confused with Portugal News, and formerly known as Algarve Resident). natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

What has her stance been in her numerous other articles on the case?

Perhaps one should ask her as to why she was disseminating this?

I agree, its a sad day for journalism when this rubbish gets into the msm.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2018, 04:45:25 PM »
Clearly this research group are not concerned about increasing the cost of the investigation if they want OG/PJ to give their research due consideration. Perhaps all paths have led a little too close to home and this latest stunt is a last-ditch attempt at deflection.

IMO.

Offline Carana

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
I agree, its a sad day for journalism when this rubbish gets into the msm.

Well, if she lives in the area, maybe getting on the wrong side of the "old-school" PJ fan club might not be a good idea...

No idea.

Offline Carana

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
Clearly this research group are not concerned about increasing the cost of the investigation if they want OG/PJ to give their research due consideration. Perhaps all paths have led a little too close to home and this latest stunt is a last-ditch attempt at deflection.

IMO.

I hadn't really thought of that one, Misty...

Offline jassi

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »

IMO.

Who or what is it going to deflect?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:07:38 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
Who is it going to deflect?

Put it this way - if someone other than the McCanns (or friends) is arrested, can you imagine the deafening howls of protest should the MMRG's research not have been seen to have been investigated?

Offline Carana

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2018, 05:09:59 PM »
Does anyone have the energy to do a comparison cut-and-paste job of what was eventually snipped?

byron

« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2018, 05:11:06 PM »
Bennett will be doing more than deflecting if CR can prove his paws are all over this and call in their £47.000

Not surprising that MacLeod is chief spokesman.