Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66153 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2018, 05:23:16 PM »
Bennett will be doing more than deflecting if CR can prove his paws are all over this and call in their £47.000

Not surprising that MacLeod is chief spokesman.

Personally, I think it is way too funny to bother with.

Offline jassi

« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2018, 05:50:06 PM »
Put it this way - if someone other than the McCanns (or friends) is arrested, can you imagine the deafening howls of protest should the MMRG's research not have been seen to have been investigated?

I don't think police pay much attention to howls of protest.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »
I don't think police pay much attention to howls of protest.

Maybe that explains why the letter was sent direct to the Portuguese AG, totally bypassing the PJ.

Offline jassi

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2018, 06:06:53 PM »
Maybe that explains why the letter was sent direct to the Portuguese AG, totally bypassing the PJ.
But they don't investigate, so not likely to be bothered by any howls either. IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
But they don't investigate, so not likely to be bothered by any howls either. IMO

Kids play soccer on a mud patch pitch delineated by sweaters with the goal posts marked out by a bigger heap of sweaters.
They think it is Wembley and have a fun time with it. As they grow older some play "real" soccer, some move onto other things. Some remain as they were but move to compiling dossiers and stuff they think is of importantance* to the world at large.

edit:
* what a lovely word I think I'll leave it as it is !
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:52:12 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Ministry_(Portugal)
snipped
The superior body of the Public Prosecution Service is the Procuradoria-Geral da República (attorney-general's office), presided by the Procurador-Geral da República (PGR).

The PGR is the only magistrate of the Public Prosecution Service that is politically designated, being proposed by the Government and appointed by the President of the Republic for six years in office. The PGR is also the only magistrate of the Public Prosecution Service that can be chosen from among persons that previously were not magistrates, the person chosen not even being mandatory linked to any area of recruitment or having a specific training. However, in practice, most of the persons appointed for the office of PGR came from the career magistracy.

Under the Procuradoria-Geral da Reública there are also four procuradorias-gerais distritais (district attorneys-general's offices) and 23 procuradorias da República (attorney's offices). The first ones represent the Public Prosecution Service in the courts of second instance and the last ones in the courts of first instance.

For the role of directing the criminal investigation, each of the Public Prosecution Service offices includes a department of investigation and prosecution, composed of attorneys specially dedicated to the investigation of the most serious crimes. For the criminal investigation, the Public Prosecution Service also controls the activity of the Judiciary Police.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My interpretation of this is the AG can control, by delegation, what the PJ investigate.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2018, 06:30:49 PM »

My thoughts precisely but I was of the opinion that it was too crass to write funny and Maddie in the same sentence.  It's sad really and adds little credibility to the sceptic cause.  The entire notion that she died prior to the 3rd May 2007 is just insane imo.

I will also point out that the letter is so poorly constructed that someone with English as their second language will have difficulty understanding what is really being implied.  This letter should have been made as simple as possible using words of single syllable instead of the endless waffling it did contain but frankly I don't know why they bothered because none of it adds up to anything of significance.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:41:26 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:31 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »
My thoughts precisely but I was of the opinion that it was too crass to write funny and Maddie in the same sentence.  It's sad really and adds little credibility to the sceptic cause.  The entire notion that she died prior to the 3rd May 2007 is just insane imo.

I will also point out that the letter is so poorly constructed that someone with English as their second language will have difficulty understanding what is really being implied.

I find it interesting because ...we are told there is a large sceptic following who disbelieve the mccanns...the CMMOM is the  main sceptic forum...its show their beliefs and conclusions are based on a total misunderstanding of the evidence...imo...the majority of those who contributed to the amaral fund believe such absolute rubbish

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2018, 06:44:01 PM »
At least this consortium of odd bods have nailed their colours to the mast and put together a theory, even if it is one which can easily be picked apart, and held up to well deserved ridicule.  In a way, it's a more honest approach than those who are content to stick at "the McCanns dunnit" without ever bothering to try and explain why, how, when, where, who etc. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2018, 06:45:16 PM »
http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-mccann-investigator-claims-to-know-where-and-how-she-died-20180317

Moita Flores also chipping in with his tuppence-worth.

Not really surprising given he has a habit of regurgitating everything Amaral says anyway.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »

I will also point out that the letter is so poorly constructed that someone with English as their second language will have difficulty understanding what is really being implied.  This letter should have been made as simple as possible using words of single syllable instead of the endless waffling it did contain but frankly I don't know why they bothered because none of it adds up to anything of significance.

It did cross my mind that "Funny" might be a bit inappropriate.  Perhaps "Hysterical" might have been better.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2018, 07:12:08 PM »
At least this consortium of odd bods have nailed their colours to the mast and put together a theory, even if it is one which can easily be picked apart, and held up to well deserved ridicule.  In a way, it's a more honest approach than those who are content to stick at "the McCanns dunnit" without ever bothering to try and explain why, how, when, where, who etc.

In my opinion producing a theory is a matter of choice, and says nothing about someone's honesty.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »
In my opinion producing a theory is a matter of choice, and says nothing about someone's honesty.

perhaps credibility would be  a better word

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2018, 07:17:44 PM »
I actually just LOL'ed at "no evidence of any wind" in the "Last Photo" one of the supposed proofs that it was not taken on the 3rd May.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly