Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66169 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2018, 07:24:14 PM »
In my opinion producing a theory is a matter of choice, and says nothing about someone's honesty.
I disagree.  I think if one is being honest and really seriously thinks about it and is not massively into convoluted conspiracy theories (as the author of this massive letter clearly is) then one would admit that it is pretty much impossible to put forward a credible theory as to how the McCanns might have faked an abduction and disposed of a corpse on the evening of the 3rd May, why they would have felt the need to do this in the first place, when did opportunity present itself and why they were able to carry it all out without leaving any compelling evidence at all. IMO.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:53:13 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
I actually just LOL'ed at "no evidence of any wind" in the "Last Photo" one of the supposed proofs that it was not taken on the 3rd May.

I'm amazed you managed to get that far.

Offline Carana

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2018, 07:36:50 PM »
Not really surprising given he has a habit of regurgitating everything Amaral says anyway.

Yeah, well, one of them. Along with a few others, including Cristovão, Sargento, and Anjos.

How is Cristovão doing with his electronic bracelet, these days?

Sargento got into a spot of bother a few years ago, but it seems to have blown over.
http://www.cmjornal.pt/exclusivos/detalhe/violador-foi-filmado-a-porta-do-psicologo

Paiva seemingly got a sideways promotion to Outer Hebrides Funchal.

Almeida kept his head down and retired.

Offline misty

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2018, 07:55:20 PM »
Yeah, well, one of them. Along with a few others, including Cristovão, Sargento, and Anjos.

How is Cristovão doing with his electronic bracelet, these days?

Sargento got into a spot of bother a few years ago, but it seems to have blown over.
http://www.cmjornal.pt/exclusivos/detalhe/violador-foi-filmado-a-porta-do-psicologo

Paiva seemingly got a sideways promotion to Outer Hebrides Funchal.

Almeida kept his head down and retired.

Cristovao (+ bracelet) has just started working for Goldman Sachs. Apparently crime does pay handsomely.

Offline Carana

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2018, 08:13:18 PM »
My thoughts precisely but I was of the opinion that it was too crass to write funny and Maddie in the same sentence.  It's sad really and adds little credibility to the sceptic cause.  The entire notion that she died prior to the 3rd May 2007 is just insane imo.

I will also point out that the letter is so poorly constructed that someone with English as their second language will have difficulty understanding what is really being implied.  This letter should have been made as simple as possible using words of single syllable instead of the endless waffling it did contain but frankly I don't know why they bothered because none of it adds up to anything of significance.

Yes, it does seem a bit disrespectful to find anything funny about this little girl's disappearance. On the other hand, if someone had gone on an on about a theory of little green men in UFOs, at some point, I wouldn't blame anyone for eventually giggling at how silly it was. That's not being disrespectful towards the child, just the insistence of some about an oddball theory.

I don't see the point of this: "It's sad really and adds little credibility to the sceptic cause."

I really don't get the point of this partisanship thing.

No, having weighed up everything I've been able to find so far, I don't think the McCanns were involved in her diseappearance. Others do.

So what?

At the end of the day, it's about finding her, alive, or perhaps sadly not, and who was involved, whoever that may have been.

Or isn't it?

Offline Carana

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
Cristovao (+ bracelet) has just started working for Goldman Sachs. Apparently crime does pay handsomely.

Has he? I must have missed that.

Offline misty

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »
Has he? I must have missed that.

Check out Facebook - PPC public posts.
Looks like another controversy surrounding him is breaking, although I am unable to c&p this article into Google translate. http://www.jornaleconomico.sapo.pt/noticias/sociedade-de-recuperacao-de-dividas-pede-insolvencia-da-sad-do-sporting-282166

Offline Carana

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2018, 08:35:21 PM »
Check out Facebook - PPC public posts.
Looks like another controversy surrounding him is breaking, although I am unable to c&p this article into Google translate. http://www.jornaleconomico.sapo.pt/noticias/sociedade-de-recuperacao-de-dividas-pede-insolvencia-da-sad-do-sporting-282166

Thanks, but I don't see where it says that he's been hired by GS.

Offline misty

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »
Thanks, but I don't see where it says that he's been hired by GS.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2018, 08:49:30 PM »
Can anyone explain in simple terms their theory? 
If Madeleine died early in the week who was being signed into creche all week, who went sailing , who went to high tea?
 Surely it wasn't a corpse being carried around all week!

Even that made me laugh a little.  Nannies reported Madeleine was a quite and shy girl.  Well she would be quiet if she was at creche as a corpse sitting quietly in the corner, waiting to be picked up by her parents at lunch time.  Taking her to high tea was a bit of a problem too as she was tired and had to be carried all the way.
Off her food too.  She didn't eat much for 4 nights.  But they still took her to the play area at night, and had fun with her.!   

It seems a bit of a ridiculous theory but they are supposed to be a group of ex professionals so I have to give it serious consideration.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:00:35 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2018, 09:08:48 PM »
 They would also have to rubbish what Mrs Fenn was saying  for if she was dead there was no way it could be Madeleine crying on Tuesday night.

Were the twins not talking?  Surely they would have mentioned to someone that their sister no longer plays with them!  Just sits behind the sofa saying nothing!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:11:14 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »

Thanks, Misty. Is that the same one (so many have similar names), and is there any indication as to his position there?

Just wondering if it could be someone else by the same name, or whether it's some kind of joke.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »
"In summary, none of the dozens of investigators in the case in England believe that DCI Redwood was telling the truth. We believe her statements were more of a lie by British police, to continue to claim that Madeleine was abducted, which did not happen."

DCI Redwood was a male wasn't he? 

Moderation

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2018, 09:33:03 PM »
Can anyone explain in simple terms their theory? 
If Madeleine died early in the week who was being signed into creche all week, who went sailing , who went to high tea?
 Surely it wasn't a corpse being carried around all week!

Even that made me laugh a little.  Nannies reported Madeleine was a quite and shy girl.  Well she would be quiet if she was at creche as a corpse sitting quietly in the corner, waiting to be picked up by her parents at lunch time.  Taking her to high tea was a bit of a problem too as she was tired and had to be carried all the way.
Off her food too.  She didn't eat much for 4 nights.  But they still took her to the play area at night, and had fun with her.!   

It seems a bit of a ridiculous theory but they are supposed to be a group of ex professionals so I have to give it serious consideration.

Two things spring to my mind.
Albert RN    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Os6X-jhtI
ace peformance by Jack Warner a.k.a George Dixon who in the last knockings of Dixon of Dock Green was a collator a sort of forerunner of HOLMES.
and:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOakMyALSDw
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2018, 09:38:09 PM »
Two things spring to my mind.
Albert RN    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Os6X-jhtI
ace peformance by Jack Warner a.k.a George Dixon who in the last knockings of Dixon of Dock Green was a collator a sort of forerunner of HOLMES.
and:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOakMyALSDw
You got it, but there was one major difference the McCanns pulled it off.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:40:34 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation