Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66167 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »
I don't believe he has, accused the mccanns of lying so he is, therefore not a, skeptic

Williams-Thomas disagreed with the abduction theory. I assume that was because he thought the evidence didn't support it. SIL also found no evidence to support it. Why then do you reach different conclusions about them?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2018, 11:36:17 AM »
Williams-Thomas disagreed with the abduction theory. I assume that was because he thought the evidence didn't support it. SIL also found no evidence to support it. Why then do you reach different conclusions about them?

Because sil has doubted the mccanns on several other issues, suggesting they are not telling the truth

There is certainly circumstantial evidence of abduction so to say there is no evidence is untrue

Offline jassi

« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »
Is there anyone currently posting on this forum on a regular basis who believes there is any merit in this letter and this theory?  Is there anyone here prepared to defend it?

Why should anyone  feel the need to defend it ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline sadie

« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2018, 12:19:51 PM »
Why are you quoting SIL as an authority?  He has made a number of mistakes in his blog .... and I have only skim read part of it.  SIL has done some valuable research and taken some wonderful photos for which we must thank him, but he certainly is no authority.

Williams-Thomas might have been influenced by the Mccanns being made arquidos?  And his possible misunderstanding of the dog alerts and what they did and did not mean?  I think many of us misunderstood those until they were deeply researched (thanks to Ferryman, Carana and others) and we began realise how futile they were.   

Amaral, a senior Police Officer certainly misunderstood them, and maybe influenced by him W-T accepted them at face value, not realising what little they showed ?

AIMO, of course, but SILS mistakes are facts

Offline Carana

« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2018, 12:25:16 PM »
The moment the author claimed that something  happened to Maddie prior to the 3rd May 2007 was the moment he or she lost ALL credibility because numerous independent witnesses saw her that day.

But, according to that group, all of the witnesses were all "unreliable", either because they were all mistaken or were in cahoots in a mega conspiracy.

What I find a bit bewildering is the hero worship of a certain coordinator who apparently got everything right... except for, well... just about everything.

Offline Carana

« Reply #335 on: March 20, 2018, 12:37:11 PM »
Why should anyone  feel the need to defend it ?

Those who feel that it's an accurate portrayal of facts that would withstand scrutiny might, Jassi, why not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #336 on: March 20, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »
But, according to that group, all of the witnesses were all "unreliable", either because they were all mistaken or were in cahoots in a mega conspiracy.

What I find a bit bewildering is the hero worship of a certain coordinator who apparently got everything right... except for, well... just about everything.

Don't know about 'hero worship' but there's certainly a degree of enthusiasm for the guy who challenged the McCanns and won.
 What is there not to like ?   8)-)))
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #337 on: March 20, 2018, 12:42:29 PM »

think the latest development means sil could never be regarded as neutral....I had to chuckle...what neutral person would name their dog......wait for it......

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
Because sil has doubted the mccanns on several other issues, suggesting they are not telling the truth

There is certainly circumstantial evidence of abduction so to say there is no evidence is untrue

So your post #311 in answer to SIL's post wasn't in answer to that particular post at all. It was, in effect, an accusation based upon your opinion of SJL's unidentified previous posts? An accusation for which you have offered no evidence. Until you do so, it remains your opinion.

What is your circumstantial evidence of abduction?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
So your post #311 in answer to SIL's post wasn't in answer to that particular post at all. It was, in effect, an accusation based upon your opinion of SJL's unidentified previous posts? An accusation for which you have offered no evidence. Until you do so, it remains your opinion.

What is your circumstantial evidence of abduction?

lets start withe the mccanns statements

Offline Carana

« Reply #340 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:08 PM »
Don't know about 'hero worship' but there's certainly a degree of enthusiasm for the guy who challenged the McCanns and won.
 What is there not to like ?   8)-)))

On his right to continue to accuse them of unproven crimes.

If you were the subject of such a book, a documentary and an intense promo tour all to the effect that, as an expert, professional X's view was that you had (substitute anything you like... that you had defrauded a family member, that you are a covert hooker working for the FSB, that you had raped x victims, ate babies for breakfast, whatever you like), all in the name of the superior right of free speech, what would your reaction be?

Add to that that you felt at the time that you felt that you were being framed.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:01:43 PM by Carana »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #341 on: March 20, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
lets start withe the mccanns statements

What about them?
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #342 on: March 20, 2018, 12:59:26 PM »
On his right to continue to accuse them of unproven crimes.

If you were the subject of such a book, a documentary and an intense promo tour all to the effect that, as an expert, professional X's view was that you had (substitute anything you like... that you had defrauded a family member, that you are a covert hooker working for the FSB, that you had raped x victims, ate babies for breakfast, whatever you like), all in the name of the superior right of free speech, what would your reaction be?

Don't take it so to heart, he hasn't written about you, has he?

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #343 on: March 20, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
What about them?
They are circumstantial evidence of abduction

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #344 on: March 20, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
They are circumstantial evidence of abduction

Really? How?

Result = happy posting.