Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66164 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #345 on: March 20, 2018, 01:24:53 PM »
Any chance we might consider meandering back to the topic of the thread even if just now and again ... thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #346 on: March 20, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
Don't take it so to heart, he hasn't written about you, has he?

No, but it's the kind of thing that could happen to any of us (you, me... anyone).

Can you honestly say that it wouldn't have bothered you if you and your loved ones had been subjected to a constant onslought, particularly by someone with a supposed level of credibility? Plus threats of vigilante action against you and your loved ones?

All I'm asking is to step back a minute and think about it, not for anyone to change their minds as to their perception that they must have been involved (or not)... too late for that, for most of those who still follow the case.

Offline jassi

« Reply #347 on: March 20, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »
No, but it's the kind of thing that could happen to any of us (you, me... anyone).

Can you honestly say that it wouldn't have bothered you if you and your loved ones had been subjected to a constant onslought, particularly by someone with a supposed level of credibility? Plus threats of vigilante action against you and your loved ones?

All I'm asking is to step back a minute and think about it, not for anyone to change their minds as to their perception that they must have been involved (or not)... too late for that, for most of those who still follow the case.

Yes, but it didn't so I don't.

I can't influence the outcome of this so I don't bother and I certainly don't get concerned over the fate of people I don't know and wouldn't want to know.

Harsh maybe, but that's life.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #348 on: March 20, 2018, 02:32:14 PM »
On his right to continue to accuse them of unproven crimes.

If you were the subject of such a book, a documentary and an intense promo tour all to the effect that, as an expert, professional X's view was that you had (substitute anything you like... that you had defrauded a family member, that you are a covert hooker working for the FSB, that you had raped x victims, ate babies for breakfast, whatever you like), all in the name of the superior right of free speech, what would your reaction be?

Add to that that you felt at the time that you felt that you were being framed.

Sounds like Lorna Doone, well Carver rather than Lorna I suppose.
Now if ever there was a blagging book that was it. There is even a statue of the dear lady by the River Barle in Dulverton.... *%87
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #349 on: March 20, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »
Yes, but it didn't so I don't.

I can't influence the outcome of this so I don't bother and I certainly don't get concerned over the fate of people I don't know and wouldn't want to know.

Harsh maybe, but that's life.

Fair enough, but thanks for the honesty.

It would be impossible, IMO, for anyone to get worked up about the fate of every single person on this planet, anyway. I don't see how it would be possible.

On the other hand... I do find the quote / saying that starts with "First they came for..." to be thought provoking.

Offline Carana

« Reply #350 on: March 20, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »
Now if ever there was a blagging book that was it. There is even a statue of the dear lady by the River Barle in Dulverton.... *%87

Not a terribly nice chap, was he?

Or was it a case of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwN0X8YnWo

Offline Carana

« Reply #351 on: March 20, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »

Why do you call it a blagging book, Alice?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #352 on: March 20, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »
Why are you quoting SIL as an authority?  He has made a number of mistakes in his blog .... and I have only skim read part of it.  SIL has done some valuable research and taken some wonderful photos for which we must thank him, but he certainly is no authority.

Williams-Thomas might have been influenced by the Mccanns being made arquidos?  And his possible misunderstanding of the dog alerts and what they did and did not mean?  I think many of us misunderstood those until they were deeply researched (thanks to Ferryman, Carana and others) and we began realise how futile they were.   

Amaral, a senior Police Officer certainly misunderstood them, and maybe influenced by him W-T accepted them at face value, not realising what little they showed ?

AIMO, of course, but SILS mistakes are facts

I wasn't quoting SIL as 'an authority' if you read the previous posts. I am, however, of the opinion that SIL has done far more research than Ferryman, and is streets ahead in terms of attention to detail and lack of bias.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #353 on: March 20, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »
I wasn't quoting SIL as 'an authority' if you read the previous posts. I am, however, of the opinion that SIL has done far more research than Ferryman, and is streets ahead in terms of attention to detail and lack of bias.

I would say sil does not have a clue...but you all seem to think you are world class experts....

sils take on the australian DOC
Davel has predicted that it will be supportive of the McCanns.  I am of the opinion it will be heavily critical of the McCanns.  This difference of opinion matters not a jot as we will soon find out the reality of the situation.

Sil is heavily biased due to the fact that both the mCcanns and Grange were not interested in his offer of assistance.....I find the fact that he expected both these to accept his help quite strange
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:58:54 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #354 on: March 20, 2018, 04:00:47 PM »
On his right to continue to accuse them of unproven crimes.

If you were the subject of such a book, a documentary and an intense promo tour all to the effect that, as an expert, professional X's view was that you had (substitute anything you like... that you had defrauded a family member, that you are a covert hooker working for the FSB, that you had raped x victims, ate babies for breakfast, whatever you like), all in the name of the superior right of free speech, what would your reaction be?

Add to that that you felt at the time that you felt that you were being framed.

Isn't that just your opinion? His reasons for 'going public' were accepted by the Portuguese courts, as was the fact that he was describing the investigation up to a certain point in time. The first judge found him guilty, but only by by resorting to accusing him of breaking rules connected to his employment. Even she acknowledged that she would have been unable to find him guilty otherwise.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #355 on: March 20, 2018, 04:05:51 PM »
Isn't that just your opinion? His reasons for 'going public' were accepted by the Portuguese courts, as was the fact that he was describing the investigation up to a certain point in time. The first judge found him guilty, but only by by resorting to accusing him of breaking rules connected to his employment. Even she acknowledged that she would have been unable to find him guilty otherwise.

he wasnt describing the investigation...the investigation never said they could prove maddie died in the apartment...he was guilty of defamation..imo...which the ECHR will correct...again imo

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #356 on: March 20, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Why do you call it a blagging book, Alice?
OFF TOPIC I KNOW
Have you ever been to that part of Exmoor? It's a beautiful place, I have even been up The Doone Valley on horseback but talk about cashing in on a book about someone who didn't exist!. The closer to Malmsmead Bridge the higher the prices starting with the ice creams!
It's no worse than Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor though where there is a plaque on the floor in one of the bars inscribed "Joss Merlyn was murdered on this spot"; oh no he wasn't, he didn't exist either.
It's a question of "do you really mind that you are being blagged and where is your personal line".
Just steer clear of the "Trekkies" !

I like The Animals vid. Hilton Valentine looking bored and Alan Price looking smug cos he was the only one to make money from The House of The Rising Sun!

Bin it if you wish mods.... ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #357 on: March 20, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »
OFF TOPIC I KNOW
Have you ever been to that part of Exmoor? It's a beautiful place, I have even been up The Doone Valley on horseback but talk about cashing in on a book about someone who didn't exist!. The closer to Malmsmead Bridge the higher the prices starting with the ice creams!
It's no worse than Jamaica Inn on Bodmin Moor though where there is a plaque on the floor in one of the bars inscribed "Joss Merlyn was murdered on this spot"; oh no he wasn't, he didn't exist either.
It's a question of "do you really mind that you are being blagged and where is your personal line".

I like The Animals vid. Hilton Valentine looking bored and Alan Price looking smug cos he was the only one to make money from The House of The Rising Sun!

Wuthering Heights too. Haworth does very well out of Cathy and Heathcliffe.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #358 on: March 20, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »
OFF TOPIC I KNOW

I stayed at the Hunters Inn and re read Lorna doone...didnt do it on horseback...did Ibiza on Andaluzion stallion...that was an experience...cut the barrymore jokes

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #359 on: March 20, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
Why should anyone  feel the need to defend it ?
I agree, it's indefensible, however I was simply curious to know if anyone here thought the theory had merit.  It would appear not.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly