Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66156 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2018, 10:36:50 AM »
The SC judgement supported Amaral's right to freedom of speech. It didn't say it agreed with what he said.

It supported amarals right to claim Maddie was dead

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2018, 10:52:32 AM »

It supported his right to express his opinion. It can't be demonstrated that the SC judges agreed with his opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2018, 10:54:44 AM »
It supported his right to express his opinion. It can't be demonstrated that the SC judges agreed with his opinion.
It's fascinating that his rights to express an opinion outweighed the missing child's right to be considered alive and findable, and also the rights of her parents not to be defamed in such a cruel manner.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »

It doesn't matter whether they agree with him or not... They supported his right to express his, opinion which the ECHR may well decide violated the human rights of maddie and her parents

Offline barrier

« Reply #559 on: March 25, 2018, 11:05:26 AM »
It doesn't matter whether they agree with him or not... They supported his right to express his, opinion which the ECHR may well decide violated the human rights of maddie and her parents

There again they mighten,round and round the mulberry bush.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Carana

« Reply #560 on: March 25, 2018, 12:50:30 PM »

I find both of your points valid.

However, weighing up both, IMO, Madeleine's right to be considered as potentially alive, in the absence of any proof of death, nor even any criminal trial, should have taken precedence over a short-term coordinator's lucrative and prolonged assertions to the contrary.

On the other hand, proving that whatever he said or wrote had a direct influence on public opinion is impossible: a precursor was the multitude of half-baked leaks during his relatively short tenure, but without any proof of who was actually leaking.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »

Do you realise how insignificant that sounds? You appear to be suggesting that anyone who claims someone is dead is infringing their rights in some way? Please do elaborate.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #562 on: March 25, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »
Do you realise how insignificant that sounds? You appear to be suggesting that anyone who claims someone is dead is infringing their rights in some way? Please do elaborate.

If you are convinced that someone is dead because someone once in authority and with a "credibility" factor keeps on repeating it, how many people who took those assertions at face value would remain vigilant?

It may be worth remembering that this lawsuit was filed once the official investigation had been archived, with no ongoing active investigation, either from the UK side, nor the PT side.

Offline jassi

« Reply #563 on: March 25, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »
If you are convinced that someone is dead because someone once in authority and with a "credibility" factor keeps on repeating it, how many people who took those assertions at face value would remain vigilant?

It may be worth remembering that this lawsuit was filed once the official investigation had been archived, with no ongoing active investigation, either from the UK side, nor the PT side.

I assume you are meaning the general public?
My question is 'why should they'? Why should parents who lose their children expect other to spend the rest of their lives looking for them?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
I assume you are meaning the general public?
My question is 'why should they'? Why should parents who lose their children expect other to spend the rest of their lives looking for them?

I didn't say that others should spend their lives looking for her, did I?

She hasn't been found - dead or alive.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #565 on: March 25, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
I didn't say that others should spend their lives looking for her, did I?

She hasn't been found - dead or alive.
Hide and seek.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #566 on: March 25, 2018, 02:07:01 PM »
Hide and seek.

Just hide, not much in the way of seek  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #567 on: March 25, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »

Writing a book... Going on tv... Professing to have proof of death... And then we have the accusations against her parents

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
I'm simply speculating... But is it a human right to be considered alive and findable if there is no real evidence to the lattter..

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »
I'm simply speculating... But is it a human right to be considered alive and findable if there is no real evidence to the lattter..
In some countries you are considered alive until there has been no proof of being alive for 7 years at which time you can be legally considered dead.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.