Author Topic: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk  (Read 66167 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Latest theory lands on Portuguese AG's desk
« Reply #615 on: March 26, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
A police force has no right to consider a person dead and can be proven to be dead when the evidence does not support that view... A possible area for an ECHR claim

Perhaps you do not understand  what the police do. they investigate based on a suspicion of a crime. They gather evidence to the point where they have enough to charge someone. During that time the police can suspect anyone they chose and investigate them.

'Stop and search' is a good way of understanding this.

Also the police can suspect someone but not have ENOUGH evidence to convict someone AND people have been charged with murder without a body being found.
  Moors murders as an example.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #616 on: March 26, 2018, 12:50:47 PM »

Perhaps you do not understand  what the police do. they investigate based on a suspicion of a crime. They gather evidence to the point where they have enough to charge someone. During that time the police can suspect anyone they chose and investigate them.

'Stop and search' is a good way of understanding this.

Also the police can suspect someone but not have ENOUGH evidence to convict someone AND people have been charged with murder without a body being found.
  Moors murders as an example.

My post refers to the fact that amaral said he can prove maddie is dead... That sounds to me he is denying her the most basic human right

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #617 on: March 26, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
A police force has no right to consider a person dead and can be proven to be dead when the evidence does not support that view... A possible area for an ECHR claim

Which police force said it could prove anything?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »
My post refers to the fact that amaral said he can prove maddie is dead... That sounds to me he is denying her the most basic human right

Yes...

However, dead people do not have human rights. Unless of course they just got some last week. where can I find this out?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2018, 01:01:13 PM »
Which police force said it could prove anything?

Amaral said he could prove laddie died in the, apartment  and the judges, ruled, what he, claimed came from the investigation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2018, 01:02:26 PM »
Yes...

However, dead people do not have human rights. Unless of course they just got some last week. where can I find this out?

But there is, no proof la

Maddie is, dead
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:20:40 PM by Davel »

« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
But there is, no proof laddie is, dead

If no one knows her mortal state, then no one can claim her human rights have been violated!  so this would come under "no case to answer "UNTIL we find out  (if ever) so bit of a moot point there.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »
If no one knows her mortal state, then no one can claim her human rights have been violated!  so this would come under "no case to answer "UNTIL we find out  (if ever) so bit of a moot point there.

If no one knows... Why is amaral claiming proof of her death

« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2018, 01:25:58 PM »
If no one knows... Why is amaral claiming proof of her death

I wasn't talking about GA's claim. I was talking general answer to your question.

He may or may not have proof, either way MBM is not around to take him to court via the human rights act being breached now is she?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2018, 01:45:07 PM »
Amaral said he could prove laddie died in the, apartment  and the judges, ruled, what he, claimed came from the investigation

Did they? I thought they recognised the distinction between the facts from the investigation and his opinion of what those facts meant?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »

I wasn't talking about GA's claim. I was talking general answer to your question.

He may or may not have proof, either way MBM is not around to take him to court via the human rights act being breached now is she?

No but her parents are.... Or as a, Ward of court the uk  courts are

Amarals funds, still frozen.. Strange

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #626 on: March 26, 2018, 01:51:22 PM »
Did they? I thought they recognised the distinction between the facts from the investigation and his opinion of what those facts meant?

The Portuguese courts have supported amarals right to promote maddies death

Offline misty

« Reply #627 on: March 26, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »

Even if Madeleine is no longer around to take court action, ie deceased, her family can take action on her behalf for violations which occurred during her lifetime (criminal act against her). Such violations include her right to life (article 2 of the ECHR) &, in the event of her death, a full & proper inquest into how she died.
 IMO Amaral has declared her dead without either the required proof or the results of a proper inquest.

Offline jassi

« Reply #628 on: March 26, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
Even if Madeleine is no longer around to take court action, ie deceased, her family can take action on her behalf for violations which occurred during her lifetime (criminal act against her). Such violations include her right to life (article 2 of the ECHR) &, in the event of her death, a full & proper inquest into how she died.
 IMO Amaral has declared her dead without either the required proof or the results of a proper inquest.

As they don't when she died, how does that work?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #629 on: March 26, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
As they don't when she died, how does that work?

In the UK, that's where the Coroner comes in. I don't know if it's the same in Portugal but I would hope it is.

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/guidance-no-18-investigation-without-body.pdf