Author Topic: Ch5 documentary - Madeleine McCann A Global Obsession.  (Read 10715 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Ch5 documentary - Madeleine McCann A Global Obsession.
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »
Would we expect anything less from you?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
I'd certainly defend their right to innocent until proven guilty and certain elements of the press always exceed expectation when it comes to the disgrace category. They don't seem to have much respect for this right. And the programme did well to highlight that.

I for one don't know if the McCanns are guilty and I would not say they are. I think there are indications which arouse suspicions. There's definitely big holes imo when it comes to the staging theory which I haven't heard really anyone address or at least not satisfactory. Actually I think an open mind is the most logical stance to take. That's the conclusion I have come to after reading this forum/documentarys/books and at least trying to find out the facts.

Is that the big hole in the wall to prove she was abducted? Or is that the big hole in the moving door to prove a stranger got inside? Or is the big hole believing what you are told. Seeing is believing as Smithman knows! Now where were those efits hidden for 5 years?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 11:00:52 PM »
I'm not afraid but I'm not here to cause trouble. I know my theory so let's see what happens.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:59 PM »
I'm not afraid but I'm not here to cause trouble. I know my theory so let's see what happens.
I've started a thread for your theory, pending approval, in the members only lounge.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »
I'm waiting until certain people are made suspects by the yard first so delete it.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 11:13:03 PM »
I'm waiting until certain people are made suspects by the yard first so delete it.

Right.  Back to the grind for me then.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:24 AM »
Well if your theory can't be questioned and hold up to reasonable logic then it is basically wrong. Personally I have no emotional attachment to this case though I find it sad. Simply I always thought a detective would be a fascinating job and this case interesting otherwise the rest of you wouldn't be here I assume. Anyone who wants to find the truth(although this will never happen by anyone on a forum imo) would I have thought want someone playing devils advocate to test their theory though someone simply becoming insulting or getting ridiculous I wouldn't be so interested in!

I do actually have a theory where staging could have happened - seriously! Though it involves multiple people(3 or 4).  But I also don't want to post libel(plus I think there are also abduction theories which stand up) though I'd like to post it for the chance to discuss nothing more. I would only be willing to discuss on skype or something and I have a busy life.

BTW I agree with you about people not willing to engage in debate - Pat Brown for instance. People are too emotionally involved. I don't know why. I don't know these people. Though, I'd hate to cause them any grief that's for sure. There are people who maliciously troll all over the internet for no other reason then a cheap thrill imo.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 01:00:30 AM »
Well if your theory can't be questioned and hold up to reasonable logic then it is basically wrong. Personally I have no emotional attachment to this case though I find it sad. Simply I always thought a detective would be a fascinating job and this case interesting otherwise the rest of you wouldn't be here I assume. Anyone who wants to find the truth(although this will never happen by anyone on a forum imo) would I have thought want someone playing devils advocate to test their theory though someone simply becoming insulting or getting ridiculous I wouldn't be so interested in!

I do actually have a theory where staging could have happened - seriously! Though it involves multiple people(3 or 4).  But I also don't want to post libel(plus I think there are also abduction theories which stand up) though I'd like to post it for the chance to discuss nothing more. I would only be willing to discuss on skype or something and I have a busy life.

BTW I agree with you about people not willing to engage in debate - Pat Brown for instance. People are too emotionally involved. I don't know why. I don't know these people. Though, I'd hate to cause them any grief that's for sure. There are people who maliciously troll all over the internet for no other reason then a cheap thrill imo.

And another sensible post.

There aren't very many Fence Sitters left anymore.  And most McCann Supporters aren't really into changing minds these days.
Just nice to know that someone is trying to understand it it all.

Offline lordpookles

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 01:09:31 AM »
Thanks. I have noticed some if not most passionately believe one way or the other. It's like a religion for sure. One or two show some doubt either way.. they likely know more then me about this case tbh. I have not read the files(read bits) and likely don't intend to... life's to short  ?{)(**
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:12:02 AM by lordpookles »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 01:23:12 AM »
Thanks. I have noticed some if not most passionately believe one way or the other. It's like a religion for sure. One or two show some doubt either way.. they likely know more then me about this case tbh. I have not read the files(read bits) and likely don't intend to... life's to short  ?{)(**

Some of us have been at this for more than seven years, me included.  But I have been very impressed with some of the research on this Forum, most of it delivered without bias.

Most of us made up our minds a very long time ago, one way or the other.  Although I wouldn't call myself passionate.
People like you offer some balance.  So please keep at it.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 08:14:52 AM »

I'd be happy to debate your theory with you, by PM if you prefer  ?{)(**

Offline Lace

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:38 AM »
What I picked up on that documentary was that the Portuguese police like the 'softly softly'  approach to investigating when a child goes missing.    It was said they don't like publicity,   journalists etc.   the news being spread far and wide they like to do it quietly.

Why then have they now got the system that when a child goes missing the news it put out straight away?   Very much like 'Amber alert'?     Changed their way of policing?

Offline Carana

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 10:27:31 PM »
Since this documentary went out Daniel Entwistle's Grandfather (Keith) started a Facebook page and has contacted various TV stations including Channel 5, saying that when Daniel disappeared The Police & Social Services had told the family that Daniel's father (David) was convicted  (with 3 others) of sexual offences against an 11yr old girl in 1986. He has a Facebook page called "Veto channel 5's Advertisers Goods and Services https://www.facebook.com/groups/659616667493295/?ref=ts&fref=ts

This appears to be an FB page that isn't accessible to the general public for some reason...