Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1353650 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #660 on: November 30, 2013, 04:50:47 PM »

Television is so much more interesting at the moment.

Offline blonk

« Reply #661 on: November 30, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »
Forgive hmself? heard it all now....why the hell should he...he spoke as he found...and came forward...you should be applauding him for his courage for doing so even though he felt in shock...not morally preachng to him! Disgusting.
Martin Smith in shock?

Courage?

Pull the other one.

This was a man who says he saw a bloke carrying a child at 10.00pm on 3 May.

He maintained that he wasn't aware of anyone being missing until a text from Ireland the following morning.

Hmmm.

He didn't report his sighting that day. Nor on 5 May. Nor on 6, 7 or 8 May. Nor on 9 May when he travelled back to Ireland.

Nor the following day, 10 May.

Nor on 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 May.

No, he waited until 16 May, the day after his friend Robert Murat was arrested. I say 'his friend'. We now know that Smith got to know Murat two years earlier (2005) and had met him many times before.

Murat was pulled in for questioning on 15 May. Smith 'phoned the next day. Is there a connection?

And what prompted him to make that call, 13 days late? He says that it was a 'phone call from his son Peter who said: "Was I dreaming or did we see a bloke carrying a child two weeks ago". Peter backs him up.

How credible is that tale?

Honestly?

And then he expects us to believe that on the BBC News on 9 September he 'recognised' Gerry McCann 'by the way he was carrying his child'. As if he could possibly do that if he did not, on his own admission, see Smithman's face (hidden by child, he says), he only saw him for a second or two, it was dark, and the street lighting was 'weak'.

You claim Smith was 'in shock'.

So when exactly did he report his thoughts on 'Smithman' looking 60% to 80% like Gerry McCann?

Answer: several days later.

It's well worth examining carefully all the statements of the Smiths - to the PJ, to the Gradai, to the press.

There are more holes in their tales than in a sieve 

Redblossom

« Reply #662 on: November 30, 2013, 05:17:20 PM »
Martin Smith in shock?

Courage?

Pull the other one.

This was a man who says he saw a bloke carrying a child at 10.00pm on 3 May.

He maintained that he wasn't aware of anyone being missing until a text from Ireland the following morning.

Hmmm.

He didn't report his sighting that day. Nor on 5 May. Nor on 6, 7 or 8 May. Nor on 9 May when he travelled back to Ireland.

Nor the following day, 10 May.

Nor on 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 May.

No, he waited until 16 May, the day after his friend Robert Murat was arrested. I say 'his friend'. We now know that Smith got to know Murat two years earlier (2005) and had met him many times before.

Murat was pulled in for questioning on 15 May. Smith 'phoned the next day. Is there a connection?

And what prompted him to make that call, 13 days late? He says that it was a 'phone call from his son Peter who said: "Was I dreaming or did we see a bloke carrying a child two weeks ago". Peter backs him up.

How credible is that tale?

Honestly?

And then he expects us to believe that on the BBC News on 9 September he 'recognised' Gerry McCann 'by the way he was carrying his child'. As if he could possibly do that if he did not, on his own admission, see Smithman's face (hidden by child, he says), he only saw him for a second or two, it was dark, and the street lighting was 'weak'.

You claim Smith was 'in shock'.

So when exactly did he report his thoughts on 'Smithman' looking 60% to 80% like Gerry McCann?

Answer: several days later.

It's well worth examining carefully all the statements of the Smiths - to the PJ, to the Gradai, to the press.

There are more holes in their tales than in a sieve

Oh

Well,I would say he didnt make any connection with the news  story and the man and child they saw that night....it wasnt unusual to see parents carrying their kids at night....as for Murat well obviously if he knew him and saw him on the  tv being accused..the connection will have come back more strongly.as for seeing Gerry off the plane, if one is in shock at what he thought this could mean it may take a couple days to think about it....not sure where youre going with this....

AnneGuedes

« Reply #663 on: November 30, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
Oh
it wasnt unusual to see parents carrying their kids at night....
How many people, seing a father carrying his child the way the carrier did, will suspect he was an abductor ? Everybody has a car, abductors included.

Offline blonk

« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
Oh

Well, I would say he didn't make any connection with the news story and the man and child they saw that night...

ANSWER
: Honestly - how could he not have done? He was in Praia da Luz on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of May. The police were swarming everywhere. So were hundreds of visitors. There were TV cameras everywhere. And he was back in Ireland a whole week without doing anything. And then he says he only reported the sighting because his son 'phoned up and said: "Dad, am I dreaming, or did we see someone carrying a child?" That is not a story we should accept without thinking very hard about it   

it wasn't unusual to see parents carrying their kids at night...

ANSWER: OK, let's explore that one a bit. This was not the height of summer. It was early spring. There were relatively few visitors. Some children might be left in an evening creche. If they could not walk back home on their own, the parent would normally have a buggy. Normally, if you saw someone carrying a child, it would usually be a man, but he would have someone with him, maybe wife, partner, older children, friend etc. The time of this (alleged) sighting was 10.00pm. Now, how likely is it that on a coldish evening at 10pm, a single man would be out, on his own, carrying a child, only in pyjamas, with no buggy for the child? Again, I invite forum members to pause and think about this.

as for Murat, well obviously if he knew him and saw him on the TV being accused...the connection will have come back more strongly...

ANSWER: But that is not what he nor his son Peter says. They do not say: "I saw Murat on the TV and that prompted me to 'phone the police and say it wasn't him". The Smiths' story-line is that it took Peter, 13 days later, to ring his Dad and say: "Dad, was I dreaming or something...?" 

...as for seeing Gerry off the plane, if one is in shock at what he thought this could mean, it may take a couple days to think about it...

ANSWER: I think I am right in saying that it took him ELEVEN more days before doing so

...not sure where you're going with this...

ANSWER: It's very simple. DCI Andy Redwood boasted on Crimewatch of how he was 'accepting nothing'. Someone more famous once said: "Assume nothing, question everything". That is all I am doing. I am saying: Do not accept the Smiths' eveidence at face value. I do not accept it as fact. They have made a claim. I am bringing to this forums reasons why we should be highly sceptical about their claims and should test them.

There are also IMO many more reasons btw for doubting their claims. 

Benita

« Reply #665 on: November 30, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
...removed ....

Detectives said new material uncovered by the inquiry does not implicate the family or their friends.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:55:07 PM by John »

Redblossom

« Reply #666 on: November 30, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
How many people, seing a father carrying his child the way the carrier did, will suspect he was an abductor ? Everybody has a car, abductors included.

true....especially as it was common to see

Redblossom

« Reply #667 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
The difference between a forum and an e-mail exchange.

Thanks, i think lol

not sure how one can be called nosy reading open forum posts oh well....out of this crap lol

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #668 on: November 30, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »
Crime watch just had police man thanking public .pic of mr spotty in back ground

Well Spotted

Redblossom

« Reply #669 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
Well Spotted

LOL nothing like a spot of good observation spotting spotty only he want a suspect in the crimewatch appeal in october was he? Didnt even appear on the board...off to check CW from the other day for the mug
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:56:41 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #670 on: November 30, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
The list of questions defines what was going on.

Since policing in the UK was brought into the modern era, you will find that aggressive interviewing to get a confession is seen as wasted effort and in major cases they now use cognitive interviewing almost exclusively.

Juries now suspect police techniques and confessions are often successfully withdrawn if forced by old fashioned methods.

I agree with this, Rogerandout. And welcome to the forum by the way.

There is a high degree of subjectivity as far as the questions are concerned. They are complied according to a certain agenda and viewpoint and can have a tremendous effect on the direction of ensuing conversations and events.

This could apply to questions in many situations, but the impact upon proceedings of the way a question is formulated in a case like this can obviously be profound.

Redblossom

« Reply #671 on: December 01, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
After 5000 calls/texts/mails over three countries, the Express prints there is hope of a clue...whereas before it was headlines like a  clue gives hope.....sounds like they are floundering with no clues at all......what a pointless sunday article

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #672 on: December 01, 2013, 10:26:28 PM »
Kate and Gerry McCann made an appeal on a German crime show [EPA]
The potentially strong leads came after Kate and Gerry McCann made a direct appeal on a German crime show, called Case Files XY...Unsolved, in October.

They were joined by Scotland Yard’s Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who asked German viewers for help.

Calls came in from people who had been at the Ocean Club resort at Praia da Luz on the Algarve at the same time as the McCann family, on May 3, 2007. The callers had information about the German or Dutch speaking men, but it is not known if they were able to provide names.

During the programme, 500 calls flooded in to a special team with a further 350 coming in during the following weeks.

Madeleine McCann went missing in May 2007 [PA]

The potentially strong leads came after Kate and Gerry McCann made a direct appeal on a German crime show

The bitter emotions of a seventh Christmas without her beloved Madeleine were evident on Kate’s face as she forced herself into the yuletide spirit for the sake of twins, Sean and Amelie.

She joined thousands for the annual switching on of the Christmas lights in her home village, of Rothley, Leicestershire, on Thursday evening.

She smiled as children played on a bouncy castle and went on rides, but there were other moments when the pain of not having Madeleine there to share the early Christmas joy was clear to see.

With a protective arm around the eight-year-old twins, Kate was cheered by warm words from friends and acquaintances who quietly support her.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #673 on: December 03, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »
The potentially strong leads came after Kate and Gerry McCann made a direct appeal on a German crime show, called Case Files XY...Unsolved, in October.

They were joined by Scotland Yard’s Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who asked German viewers for help.

Calls came in from people who had been at the Ocean Club resort at Praia da Luz on the Algarve at the same time as the McCann family, on May 3, 2007. The callers had information about the German or Dutch speaking men, but it is not known if they were able to provide names.

During the programme, 500 calls flooded in to a special team with a further 350 coming in during the following weeks.

Madeleine McCann went missing in May 2007 [PA]

The potentially strong leads came after Kate and Gerry McCann made a direct appeal on a German crime show

The bitter emotions of a seventh Christmas without her beloved Madeleine were evident on Kate’s face as she forced herself into the yuletide spirit for the sake of twins, Sean and Amelie.

She joined thousands for the annual switching on of the Christmas lights in her home village, of Rothley, Leicestershire, on Thursday evening.

She smiled as children played on a bouncy castle and went on rides, but there were other moments when the pain of not having Madeleine there to share the early Christmas joy was clear to see.

With a protective arm around the eight-year-old twins, Kate was cheered by warm words from friends and acquaintances who quietly support her.

Redblossom

« Reply #674 on: December 03, 2013, 09:53:40 AM »
?? thought I was going to read something new there for a second