Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22881 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
The statement about Free Babysitting is simply not true.

The question made, she affirms that guests can request "Staff" services where children are watched between 19H30 and 23H30. Madeleine McCanns parents never requested this service even though it was free;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SHINEAD-VINE.htm

Further still is the "Babysitting" service between 19h30 and 01h00 carried out in the apartments of the persons using it.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STACY-POTZ.htm

When questioned she said that the crèche also offered a free service permitting parents to leave their children in the care of the crèche workers during dinner between 19.15 and 23.00, seeing as the above mentioned situation occurred during this time and that she was on duty for that service on that night.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JACQUELINE_WILLIAMS.htm

Relative to the establishment in question, the deponent clarifies that the same offers free child-care services to families who are guests;
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBIN_CROSSLAND-1.htm

Regarding the question as to the availability of the baby sitting service between 19.30 and 23.30, she confirms that the service exists and that it is free of charge.
When questioned, she says that she does not understand, as the service is free, why the parents of Madeleine McCann did not use it.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUISA_COUTINHO.htm
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:07:24 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2018, 09:12:16 PM »
This Myth stemmed from The McCanns being dragged back from Chaplin's because the children were crying.  That never happened either.

From what I have read the night service was free but individual babysitting in your apartment was not.  Unless you can show evidence to the contrary of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline sadie

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2018, 12:54:47 AM »
A good get out attempt sadie.  The staff at the creche wouldn't know whether a child was really missing or not from what the mother said IMO, there could simply be a child playing hide and seek with the parents, who wanted them to come back now, so they could go home. 

They wouldn't have gone at the run to 5a. For a start they would have to check which apartment the McCanns were in, that is assuming they were  instantly 100% certain that it was "Maddie" that the woman had heard and were working on that assumption straight away.

A good get out attempt ?   I find tht insulting Sunny.

I have bent over backwards in my posts on this subject to be more than fair to you.  Everything I say is trully possible and I am pretty sure that you must know it.

As for your reason 1, think again. 
Would it have been ok for them to not respond in case she was playing Hide and seek? 

When a child goes missing their correct response was to drop everything possible and join the search.  As nannies, they would have been well versed in safety procedure.  That was likely to be the first thing they were taught at their induction session.

The nannies were at tea with the little ones in the Tapas area.  From there, each day, they would see where the mccanns stayed. .... furthermore each time, every day, they entered the Tapas Reception they passed 5A.  It was the joint closest property to the Tapas reception of any properties at OC.

They almost certainly would have done.  At least I would have run and all my friends would have run too.  Natural instinct with some people to help instantly; of course, others 'walk on the other side of the road'

Offline Brietta

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2018, 01:42:16 AM »
In my opinion the 'free' child care came into the same category as the 'free' meals and the 'free' wine with the meals, which as part of the holiday package ... was included in the price of the holiday.

Neither was it just as simple an option as it might at first appear ... I think the McCann party weighed up the options and based on proximity enabling checking the sleeping children at regular intervals made a choice which turned out to be a disastrously wrong one as far as Madeleine was concerned ... and one which they have to live with for every day of their lives since.

Snip
In the evenings, babysitting at the resort was a dilemma. "Sit-in" babysitters were available but were expensive and in demand, and Mark Warner blurb advised us to book well in advance. The other option was the babysitting service at the kiddie club, which was a 10-minute walk from the apartment.

The children would watch a cartoon together and then be put to bed.
You would then wake them, carry them back and put them to bed again in the apartment.
After taking our children to dinner a couple of times, we decided on the Wednesday night to try the service at the club.

We had booked a table for two at Tapas and were placed next to the Doctors' regular table.
One by one, they started to arrive.

Snip
My phone rang as our food arrived; our baby had woken up.
I walked the round trip to collect him from the kiddie club, then back to the restaurant.
He kept crying and eventually we left our meal unfinished and walked back again to the club to fetch our sleeping daughter. Jes carried her home in a blanket.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

==========================================================

Snip
This is an area you would not associate with crime, let alone the abduction of a child.

Snip
The resort, however, offered a baby-sitting service for 15 euros (£10) an hour, which was staffed by a member of the daytime nursery teams, or a ‘dining out club’. This involved parents dropping off children at the crèche where they would be supervised watching videos until they went to sleep. Parents would then return before 11.30 to scoop up their sleepy offspring.

I can imagine the McCanns’ dilemma.
The ‘dining out club’ was more than a five-minute walk from where the McCanns stayed along cobbled streets or a winding pedestrian path through the apartments.
It’s not far - it worked brilliantly for us on most nights - but it would have felt much further if you had to ferry thee children there and back (and hope they were still asleep after doing so).
Plus parents were required to wait until children under two, which includes the McCanns’ twins, were asleep.
We talked to parents who said this was enough to put them off the option.

The McCanns opted instead to eat 40-50m from their apartment, not much more than a pool’s width away.

https://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2007/05/my_experience_o.html

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2018, 07:19:42 AM »
From what I have read the night service was free but individual babysitting in your apartment was not.  Unless you can show evidence to the contrary of course.

There was no free babysitting offered in the appartment, to The McCanns or anyone else.  And no one has ever said it was.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »
OC/MW are able to offer any service for free if they so desired.   You can't say it is impossible that even the individual babysitting was offered to the McCanns "free", so not to have Pamela Fenn ringing her up again.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
There was no free babysitting offered in the appartment, to The McCanns or anyone else.  And no one has ever said it was.
That is what I dispute - It was reportedly offered to the McCanns.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »
OC/MW are able to offer any service for free if they so desired.   You can't say it is impossible that even the individual babysitting was offered to the McCanns "free", so not to have Pamela Fenn ringing her up again.

You need a Cite for Pamela Fenn phoning her.  And a Cite for The McCanns being offered free, in apartment baby sitting.  Neither of which appear to exist.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2018, 09:59:15 AM »
That is what I dispute - It was reportedly offered to the McCanns.

Where is your Cite, Rob?  A load of convoluted words won't do.

Offline barrier

« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2018, 10:02:09 AM »
You need a Cite for Pamela Fenn phoning her.  And a Cite for The McCanns being offered free, in apartment baby sitting.  Neither of which appear to exist.

There was a babysitting service,was this in the apartment or away from it.

"A spokesman for Mark Warner said the McCanns, from Rothley, Leics, knew before they booked to go to Praia da Luz that no listening service was available. However, the company did have on offer an evening creche and baby sitting facilities".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/1900122/We-did-not-get-nanny-service-for-Madeleine-says-Kate-McCann.html
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2018, 10:09:06 AM »
I'm exploring a hypothetical situation.

If Silvia offered the McCanns free baby sitting, tell me how did she get to know the McCanns needed it?  Hypothetically Mrs Fenn could have reported the incident to OC management.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »
Where is your Cite, Rob?  A load of convoluted words won't do.
Surely you are aware of the quotes.  As I said only parts of the actual original quote are still available on the internet. 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7864.msg373004#msg373004

"Do you accept that she made the statements recorded in this article?  http://www.infobae.com/2007/08/15/331952-crecen-las-sospechas-contra-los-padres-madeleine/

In particular:
1. "The technical director of the Ocean Club resort, Silvia Batista, stated that the same night that Madeleine disappeared, she personally offered the childcare service "because the hotel is responsible for the children of the clients, but they Rejected ".

2. "According to the director of the housing, " every month have theft records in place, so a nanny service are advised " but even knowing this, Maddie's parents did not accept it "

3.  "We were not to blame for the disappearance of the child, I could not say whose fault it was, but it was not ours," said the director, noting that "the parents of the girl that night were very careless", and that is why they didn't ask for the babysitting service."

In 3 there are clear hints of a conflict of interest.  She is basically declaring that she and the OC are not guilty, like responsible  for Madeleine's disappearance. Then she goes on to say something like it wouldn't have happened had the parents not refused the babysitting service.
Is Silvia involved in providing the nanny service?  If she personally offered it earlier that day it sounds like she had some involvement in providing the service.

These issues are not raised in her statement yet seem very important to the case.  Why were they not raised with the PJ in her statement?"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:13:03 AM by John »
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »

There was a babysitting service,was this in the apartment or away from it.

"A spokesman for Mark Warner said the McCanns, from Rothley, Leics, knew before they booked to go to Praia da Luz that no listening service was available. However, the company did have on offer an evening creche and baby sitting facilities".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/1900122/We-did-not-get-nanny-service-for-Madeleine-says-Kate-McCann.html

There was a Free Night Creche.  In Appartment Baby Sitting had to be paid for.  There was No Listening Service offered.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
A good get out attempt ?   I find tht insulting Sunny.

I have bent over backwards in my posts on this subject to be more than fair to you.  Everything I say is trully possible and I am pretty sure that you must know it.

As for your reason 1, think again. 
Would it have been ok for them to not respond in case she was playing Hide and seek? 

When a child goes missing their correct response was to drop everything possible and join the search.  As nannies, they would have been well versed in safety procedure.  That was likely to be the first thing they were taught at their induction session.

The nannies were at tea with the little ones in the Tapas area.  From there, each day, they would see where the mccanns stayed. .... furthermore each time, every day, they entered the Tapas Reception they passed 5A.  It was the joint closest property to the Tapas reception of any properties at OC.

They almost certainly would have done.  At least I would have run and all my friends would have run too.  Natural instinct with some people to help instantly; of course, others 'walk on the other side of the road'

So you think that the nannies would have watched the McCanns as they walked back to their apartment.   I doubt that to be honest. It would probably be clear which apartment a child had gone missing from because all the lights were on within it and people were milling around outside. 

I would say I am not one who "walks on the other side of the road" but I do not run in (literally) until I know what has actually happened.

All of this, and my above reasoning would mean it would take more than 5 minutes following the alert for any of the night creche nannies to reach 5a.    Not least because some of the nannies say the lady didn't arrive at the night creche to collect the child until 5 minutes after 10pm.

Sadie I wasn't intending to be disrespectful but you must recall your "another one bites the dust" attempts on the curtain thread.  Which I may say, at the time I found disrespectful.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »
I'm exploring a hypothetical situation.

If Silvia offered the McCanns free baby sitting, tell me how did she get to know the McCanns needed it?  Hypothetically Mrs Fenn could have reported the incident to OC management.

All Hypothetical, Rob.

There was a lot of Libellous Twaddled talked by one person in particuliar at the time, who said The McCanns were at Chaplin's and had to be dragged out because the children were crying.
This was entirely untrue.

The rest of it spun off it from that.