Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22887 times)

Offline The General

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:31 AM »
Enough said about clowns.  I'm feeling that the thread is being derailed.
Same theme on every other thread, so why change now?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2018, 10:58:42 AM »
Enough said about clowns.  I'm feeling that the thread is being derailed.

Unfortunately I highlighted inconsistencies in Charlotte Pennington's assertions to the media. Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent. Therefore convoluted explanations must be found to 'explain' her unworkable claims. At the same time those who don't believe her must be attacked. All in my opinion.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »
Unfortunately I highlighted inconsistencies in Charlotte Pennington's assertions to the media. Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent. Therefore convoluted explanations must be found to 'explain' her unworkable claims. At the same time those who don't believe her must be attacked. All in my opinion.
To be fair I was simply highlighting a double standard, where libel against one individual was permitted, but against another it was not.  It’s important to have consistency because I am fairly certain that if I described Amaral as an attention seeking C word who makes things up I would be punished. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
What made you say Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »
To be fair I was simply highlighting a double standard, where libel against one individual was permitted, but against another it was not.  It’s important to have consistency because I am fairly certain that if I described Amaral as an attention seeking C word who makes things up I would be punished.
If the issue starts with a moderator, it becomes difficult to moderate.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »
What made you say Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent?
More to the point, why shouldn’t she?  She is as entitled if not more so to an opinion regarding the events of that night. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
More to the point, why shouldn’t she?  She is as entitled if not more so to an opinion regarding the events of that night.
Charlotte is allowed an opinion but where does she express her opinion?
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2018, 11:15:57 AM »
If the issue starts with a moderator, it becomes difficult to moderate.
Quite.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »
Can opinion be libel?    Does the forum feel that it is allowable to make libellous remarks disguised as opinion?

"Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent."  Reads like a libellous statement to me.
"Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent.  All in my opinion."   Does that cancel out the libel simply by asserting it was opinion, when it is impossible to show how one formed that opinion?
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »
Can opinion be libel?    Does the forum feel that it is allowable to make libellous remarks disguised as opinion?

"Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent."  Reads like a libellous statement to me.
"Charlotte Pennington believes the McCanns are innocent.  All in my opinion."   Does that cancel out the libel simply by asserting it was opinion, when it is impossible to show how one formed that opinion?

Yes, it can.  In my opinion.

Offline jassi

« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »

Really ? Is it in any way damaging to her reputation for someone to say that ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2018, 05:56:23 PM »

Neither is libellous as considering someone innocent cannot be seen as a negative thing.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »
Neither is libellous as considering someone innocent cannot be seen as a negative thing.

Until you get into holocaust denial territory. If you said Joe believes the Nazi’s were innocent, that could be defamatory.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »
What if Charlotte has firm beliefs opposing that view?  G-unit is not saying the McCanns are innocent.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »
Until you get into holocaust denial territory. If you said Joe believes the Nazi’s were innocent, that could be defamatory.
What about saying the Pope is not Catholic?  I think a belief can only be determined by that person making a declaration.  Unless it has been reported in some media what Charlotte believes one should NOT declare an opinion about it.
Moderation