Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 110502 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2020, 11:32:37 PM »
I see Faithlilly is still desperately trying to goad and insult me despite me having her on ignore.  How sad.  Of course Luis will still be able to work here, since when did Brexit mean all EU nationals would be kicked out?  The drivel some people spout.  I expect most Big Issue sellers will still be here in ten years time too.

‘Nurses like Luis’. Please read what I write, not what you’d liked me to have written so you can have a fly dig.

Did you wait all day for Davel to post ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2020, 11:34:40 PM »
I thought it was extremely interesting that the Portuguese President felt he had to personally thank nurse Luis Pitarma from Porto for looking after Boris Johnson instead of admitting shame that a Portuguese national would have to go abroad to get work.

I’ve seen some nonsense in my time on these boards but that just about takes the biscotti.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #392 on: April 13, 2020, 11:52:28 PM »
It’s really quite eye-opening just how many of the doctors and nurses that have been mentioned a propos of this latest crisis have been immigrants and I hope and believe it will make the people of the UK value our immigrant population alot more than perhaps we have done in the past.

Given that it is only being reported in Londonistan it's hardly surprising. Hopefully we can train a lot more of our own doctors and nurses in this new beginning and limit the number of foreigners allowed in to a bare minimum.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:55:50 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #393 on: April 13, 2020, 11:53:57 PM »
I’ve seen some nonsense in my time on these boards but that just about takes the biscotti.

Nice avatar but don't you mean LOSER instead of LEGEND?   (&^&
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline misty

« Reply #394 on: April 14, 2020, 12:12:19 AM »
Given that it is only being reported in Londonistan it's hardly surprising. Hopefully we can train a lot more of our own doctors and nurses in this new beginning and limit the number of foreigners allowed in to a bare minimum.

It costs over £200,000 for a 5 year degree course at medical school and that fee is taxpayer funded. There are hundreds fewer medical school places available to UK students each year than there are job vacancies. The student drop-out rate is an increasing cause for concern. (https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/1613792/nhs-fears-as-increasing-number-of-medical-students-dropping-out/)
Other than employing qualified foreigners to fill the shortfall, what can economically be done to keep the NHS functioning at somewhere near a safe level?

Offline John

« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2020, 12:15:14 AM »
It costs over £200,000 for a 5 year degree course at medical school and that fee is taxpayer funded. There are hundreds fewer medical school places available to UK students each year than there are job vacancies. The student drop-out rate is an increasing cause for concern. (https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/1613792/nhs-fears-as-increasing-number-of-medical-students-dropping-out/)
Other than employing qualified foreigners to fill the shortfall, what can economically be done to keep the NHS functioning at somewhere near a safe level?

I think for starters they need to pay nurses and carers a proper wage.  There has to be a valid reason why our medical students are quitting courses while many poorly trained doctors and nurses from abroad are being recruited wholesale to take their places.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:19:41 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2020, 12:49:35 AM »
I think for starters they need to pay nurses and carers a proper wage.  There has to be a valid reason why our medical students are quitting courses while many poorly trained doctors and nurses from abroad are being recruited wholesale to take their places.

I think they need to pay nurses to actually nurse rather than use them for pen-pushing and file carrying.
Nurses' salaries are on a par with teachers, firefighters & policemen and somewhat  higher than the lower ranks of HM Forces. How can an increase in nurses' pay be justified without increasing the salaries of those whose own  lives are potentially  at risk daily rather than just during this pandemic?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2020, 12:51:34 AM »
I think they need to pay nurses to actually nurse rather than use them for pen-pushing and file carrying.
Nurses' salaries are on a par with teachers, firefighters & policemen and somewhat  higher than the lower ranks of HM Forces. How can an increase in nurses' pay be justified without increasing the salaries of those whose own  lives are potentially  at risk daily rather than just during this pandemic?

Increase pay across the whole public sector.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2020, 12:52:14 AM »
Nice avatar but don't you mean LOSER instead of LEGEND?   (&^&

Very quick Angelo....give yourself a biscuit.

Offline misty

« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2020, 01:04:29 AM »
Increase pay across the whole public sector.

And who's going to pay for that?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2020, 01:19:54 AM »
And who's going to pay for that?

We all are....don’t you think they are worth it ? A few pounds on our income tax....I certainly would pay it. After the monumental effort made by all our public services in this time of crisis it’s the least they deserve.

I notice it’s always the left willing to put their hands in their pockets.

Offline misty

« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2020, 01:27:59 AM »
We all are....don’t you think they are worth it ? A few pounds on our income tax....I certainly would pay it. After the monumental effort made by all our public services in this time of crisis it’s the least they deserve.

I notice it’s always the left willing to put their hands in their pockets.

We're all going to have to pay more taxes when this pandemic is over, without even considering pay rises for those making a monumental effort right now and the inevitable loss of thousands of jobs. Perhaps a one-off bonus would be a fairer option than crippling the taxpayers who already fund too many gold-plated public service wages & pensions.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #402 on: April 14, 2020, 07:14:34 AM »
Until then thank god for “foreigners” (and it’s not just London where they prop up the NHS, I know this from personal experience).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2020, 10:25:51 AM »
Until then thank god for “foreigners” (and it’s not just London where they prop up the NHS, I know this from personal experience).

Always remembering that it was foreigners, namely the Chinese and those they infected, who brought this plague upon our lands mostly thanks to Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2020, 11:44:56 AM »
Always remembering that it was foreigners, namely the Chinese and those they infected, who brought this plague upon our lands mostly thanks to Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport.

Some of us like to travel to other countries.....perhaps you would prefer if the whole world was locked down for good