Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 110448 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #645 on: May 10, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »
A one trick pony?Brexit was his baby,we'll see.

and he still has massive support as to how he is handling brexit...no surrender....and i understand the significance of that Churchilian statement

Offline barrier

« Reply #646 on: May 10, 2020, 08:00:06 PM »
and he still has massive support as to how he is handling brexit...no surrender....and i understand the significance of that Churchilian statement

History might well repeat itself if the economy tanks as expected.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #647 on: May 10, 2020, 08:00:46 PM »

Let’s just wait and see.

Boris has 5 years  ....more chance of seeing the McCanns vindicated in the ECHR than Boris losing power

Offline barrier

« Reply #648 on: May 10, 2020, 08:01:58 PM »
Will Sturgeon close the border,Boris wants movement,she wants people to stay at home.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #649 on: May 10, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
‘It could have been a catastrophe’......isn’t upwards of 32,000 deaths enough for Johnson ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #650 on: May 10, 2020, 08:39:56 PM »
a quick rinse doesnt remove the stench....its still corbyns Marxist party....it will probably never recover because to win an election it would have to throw corbyn and his supporters under a bus and embrace Blairism

I think you are wrong, Davel.
I have watched open mouthed as one cabinet minister after another displays what I consider to be the shallowness of their experience in the offices they hold; and have quite frankly been appalled at the amount of influence and actual power political advisers in the Prime Minister's office have been allowed to assume.

Many things are going to change as a result of Covid-19 and I expect the Labour Party will be in the vanguard of that change.
I think the expected forthcoming recession will be unkind to the prospect of a second term for Boris and the time between now and the next General Election will give the Labour Party time to regroup from the sickening defeat of the last.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #651 on: May 10, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
I think Starmer has done quite a good job with the Shake n’ Vac so far.  Most of the Corbyn fans I know really hate him, so that can only be a good sign.

I know a lot of Labour Party members who have a real and lasting fondness for Corbyn but that hasn't meant that they are ignoring the lesson given to them by the electorate. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #652 on: May 10, 2020, 09:05:45 PM »
I think you are wrong, Davel.
I have watched open mouthed as one cabinet minister after another displays what I consider to be the shallowness of their experience in the offices they hold; and have quite frankly been appalled at the amount of influence and actual power political advisers in the Prime Minister's office have been allowed to assume.

Many things are going to change as a result of Covid-19 and I expect the Labour Party will be in the vanguard of that change.
I think the expected forthcoming recession will be unkind to the prospect of a second term for Boris and the time between now and the next General Election will give the Labour Party time to regroup from the sickening defeat of the last.

The only way the Labour Party can become electable is to embrace Conservative values as Blair did.. I don't see that happening. Boris has got a large majority and 5 years to show what he can do

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #653 on: May 10, 2020, 09:23:05 PM »
I know a lot of Labour Party members who have a real and lasting fondness for Corbyn but that hasn't meant that they are ignoring the lesson given to them by the electorate.

The election was a perfect storm of Brexit, press antipathy and a PLP working against their own party. Hopefully things will be a little easier for Starmer.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #654 on: May 10, 2020, 09:24:36 PM »
The only way the Labour Party can become electable is to embrace Conservative values as Blair did.. I don't see that happening. Boris has got a large majority and 5 years to show what he can do

What he seems to be best at is soundbites and hiding....a lot.

Offline Carana

« Reply #655 on: May 10, 2020, 10:04:30 PM »
I feel like I'm the only centrist (with a 10% tolerance level, either side).

How do you feel Obama led the US?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #656 on: May 10, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »
The election was a perfect storm of Brexit, press antipathy and a PLP working against their own party. Hopefully things will be a little easier for Starmer.

I think labour's problem was more their stance on what was perceived as unlimited immigration... Of which brexit addresed

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #657 on: May 10, 2020, 11:07:08 PM »
I think labour's problem was more their stance on what was perceived as unlimited immigration... Of which brexit addresed

Not true..though it does seem to be your preoccupation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #658 on: May 10, 2020, 11:15:00 PM »
I feel like I'm the only centrist (with a 10% tolerance level, either side).

How do you feel Obama led the US?
I’m totally a centrist.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #659 on: May 10, 2020, 11:35:26 PM »
Last week “What’s the Exit Strategy?”, “We demand an Exit Strategy!”., “When will the Lockdown be lifted?” “Why won’t the government tell us what the plan is?” “Nicola has a plan!” “Boris has got to come up with something, we can’t be in lockdown forever!”

This week “What a rubbish plan!” “The government is forcing all the working classes to get on buses tomorrow morning!”
“Nicola’s plan is to stay at home!”  “We like Nicola’s plan better!”  “The Tories only care about money and making sure all the old people die!”

The response to Boris’s announcement has been unbelievably childish on social media this evening.  People appear to be  intent on deliberately misunderstanding or misrepresenting what the PM said.

I mean what were people really expecting as far as the next steps out of this crisis are concerned?  I did ask people on here in advance what they felt Boris should do next wrt the lockdown and no one said a word.  Thoughts now anyone?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly