Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 109478 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #690 on: May 16, 2020, 01:44:16 PM »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #691 on: May 16, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »
wait for what
It seems some people would rather more of us died from the effects of an interminable lockdown than from the effects of the virus itself.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #692 on: May 16, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
an interesting tweet to Dr Nagpul.....

Labour Party supporting Doctor from a Labour Union biased BMA on the BBC attacking the Gov.

Will the BBC ever see how they trash their own credibility.
Of course he's a Labour supporter - most vocal GPs who feel their opinions need to be heard by the world at large are on the left, in my opinion. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #693 on: May 16, 2020, 02:13:43 PM »
It seems some people would rather more of us died from the effects of an interminable lockdown than from the effects of the virus itself.

I think the lockdown will save lives...maybe mine. Id be quite happy to stay in lockdown for the next 12 months...but its not sustainable for many reasons. The problem Boris has is that he will be the one to take the balme...whatever happens. the blame coming from the left...still bitter at being soundly rejected at the last election.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #694 on: May 16, 2020, 02:17:13 PM »
wait for what

Until we are not using our children as guinea pigs.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #695 on: May 16, 2020, 02:17:42 PM »
From today’s Times:

For John Jerrim, professor of education and social statistics at the UCL Institute of Education, parents need to view their decision as a trade-off. “I think people are massively overestimating the risk of catching the disease and that if you do, something really bad is happening. People aren’t grasping the fact that as of May 1, one in 400 were estimated to have coronavirus and by the start of June that rate will be even lower. Kids have missed one half-term and if they don’t go back they are going to be missing a whole term. By October, November time a second peak could hit and then you will lose a really big chunk of school.

IN YOUR INBOX
Coronavirus update
For a concise rundown of the developments that matter, combined with expert analysis, sign up to receive our dedicated daily coronavirus newsletter
“This is a more ideal window than later in the year because you can hold lessons outdoors in the summer and what’s the alternative? That everyone comes back into school in September? It seems better to work out, in June, what can be done, and treat it as a pilot for returning with social distancing, which may still have to happen.”

Missing chunks of education will penalise disadvantaged children the most.

“There is going to be a widening of educational inequality and economic inequality over the next few years,” Lee Elliot Major, former director of Sutton Trust and now professor of social mobility at Exeter University, said. “Those in middle-class professions still working are accruing wealth. They are forced into saving and will have more disposable income to think about private education where they haven’t before.

“But there has also been an emergence of a community spirit in this crisis and so people might want to support the local state school.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #696 on: May 16, 2020, 02:20:50 PM »
I think the lockdown will save lives...maybe mine. Id be quite happy to stay in lockdown for the next 12 months...but its not sustainable for many reasons. The problem Boris has is that he will be the one to take the balme...whatever happens. the blame coming from the left...still bitter at being soundly rejected at the last election.
Many believe that the lockdown will end up costing more lives than it saves, for a number of reasons including depression, putting off seeking medical attention for other reasons, poverty, etc.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #697 on: May 16, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »

Left-wing doctors, left wing media, Labour bitterness....none of which has had the slightest effect on this government’s woeful handling of this pandemic.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #698 on: May 16, 2020, 02:24:08 PM »
Until we are not using our children as guinea pigs.

it wont be my children it will be me who is in danger. How long can we wait until we know it will be safe to go back...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #699 on: May 16, 2020, 02:24:52 PM »
Left-wing doctors, left wing media, Labour bitterness....none of which has had the slightest effect on this government’s woeful handling of this pandemic.

you are quoting left wing opinion...not fact but you are so blind you cannot see

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #700 on: May 16, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »
you are quoting left wing opinion...not fact but you are so blind you cannot see

It is you who is trying to pass of opinion as fact. Let’s take your claim that Italy, Spain and France don’t count care home deaths in their figures. Where is your evidence for that ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #701 on: May 16, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »
It is you who is trying to pass of opinion as fact. Let’s take your claim that Italy, Spain and France don’t count care home deaths in their figures. Where is your evidence for that ?

I never made that claim... Again.. Try sticking to the facts...
The post is there... Read it again

I was stating opinion as opinion
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:09:24 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #702 on: May 16, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »
I never made that claim... Again.. Try sticking to the facts...
The post is there... Read it again

I was stating opinion as opinion

So it’s not true, merely your opinion. Thank you for clearing that up.

So you have no reason to believe that France, Italy and Spain aren’t counting care home deaths, is that correct ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #703 on: May 16, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »
it wont be my children it will be me who is in danger. How long can we wait until we know it will be safe to go back...

Until Britain becomes a third world country, it's fine if we all starve to death or lose our cars, homes & businesses, just so long as not one more person dies from that nasty virus.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 03:34:25 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #704 on: May 16, 2020, 03:33:47 PM »
Many believe that the lockdown will end up costing more lives than it saves, for a number of reasons including depression, putting off seeking medical attention for other reasons, poverty, etc.

I read that during the Cameron austerity years, over 9 years of austerity, the government saved just 30 billion.

The government has spent 125 billion or more in the past 3 months, & with plans to continue furlough payments until October the cost is going to continue to rise.

Maybe Captain Tom could do 300 billion laps of his garden to help raise funds for the government.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.