Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509774 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4305 on: June 13, 2019, 09:54:36 AM »
Statistically speaking when a child of Madeleine's age disappears the most likely perpetrators are those close to her; family and friends.

Statistically speaking, where would it leave the statistics if just one child is abducted from her bed by a stranger, and then proved to have been?

Offline Lace

« Reply #4306 on: June 13, 2019, 09:55:31 AM »
So you don’t have proof, we’ll just have to leave those odds in that case.

It's funny when posters think they know better than the Police,  read the statements.  IMO

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4307 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »

This is hilarious.  Statistics always involve the odd one out.  Otherwise there wouldn't be any statistics.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4308 on: June 13, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
For the second time, if the odds FOR abduction are 17599/1 x the number of mothers of abducted children who do answer police questions. The odds FOR parental involvement are 1/17599 x the number of mothers of abducted children who do answer police questions.

That means you’d have to put £17599 plus the number of mothers to win £1.

That’s why I am not prepared to put my money where my mouth is at those odds.

If you fancy an even money bet now you have swallowed your principles, name your price?
I haven't swallowed my principles - I don't place bets on the outcome of missing children cases.  But I'll bung you a tenner to stop boring us silly with your daft mantras.   8((()*/
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4309 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
Another suggestion would be for YOU to stop asking questions that require boring mantras to answer.
OK, done. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #4310 on: June 13, 2019, 10:40:34 AM »
So you don’t have proof, we’ll just have to leave those odds in that case.

There is proof,  men were seen watching the balcony of 5a,  a child saw a man when she was walking to the bus stop for the school bus,  in the alleyway by 5a he was staring up at the balcony,  again when she was walking home he was there staring up at the balcony.   He had a pencil in his pocket,  more than likely writing down when they left and returned.   There were a pile of cigarette buts on the balcony of a vacant apartment opposite the McCann's, they just cleared them away when they could have found DNA on them.

You can't produce odds as many of these abductions are random,  wrong place wrong time,  just like the McCann's.   In the case of the child taken from her bath,  man passing seeing child in bath alone takes child,  how can you work out that happening again and again and again?   IMO

Offline jassi

« Reply #4311 on: June 13, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »
There is proof,  men were seen watching the balcony of 5a,  a child saw a man when she was walking to the bus stop for the school bus,  in the alleyway by 5a he was staring up at the balcony,  again when she was walking home he was there staring up at the balcony.  He had a pencil in his pocket,  more than likely writing down when they left and returned.   There were a pile of cigarette buts on the balcony of a vacant apartment opposite the McCann's, they just cleared them away when they could have found DNA on them.

You can't produce odds as many of these abductions are random,  wrong place wrong time,  just like the McCann's.   In the case of the child taken from her bath,  man passing seeing child in bath alone takes child,  how can you work out that happening again and again and again?   IMO

How shocking ! Definitely the perp.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #4312 on: June 13, 2019, 10:46:20 AM »
Give us a break ey, people standing in the street of a holiday resort is NOT proof that anyone was watching the McCanns.

The Police took it seriously.   So you know better than the Police do you?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4313 on: June 13, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »

How shocking ! Definitely the perp.
Yeah, obviously all sightings of men lurking around the apartment of a child that subsequently went missing days or hours later should be dismissed without further thought or investigation.  The odds are clear.  The chances that Madeleine was abducted are 45 million to 1.  A Cheeky Monkey told me, so it must be true. 

Offline Lace

« Reply #4314 on: June 13, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
Give us a break ey, people standing in the street of a holiday resort is NOT proof that anyone was watching the McCanns.

Great detective you'd make.   Investigation into a child that had disappeared.   Members of the public come forward to say they saw men staring up at the balcony of 5a.   A child seeing a man early in the morning in an alley by 5a just staring up at the balcony,  then again when she came home from school just staring at the balcony.   The balcony of 5a where a child had gone missing.   The men never seen again.   So ignore that would you?   

Offline jassi

« Reply #4315 on: June 13, 2019, 10:52:02 AM »
Great detective you'd make.   Investigation into a child that had disappeared.   Members of the public come forward to say they saw men staring up at the balcony of 5a.   A child seeing a man early in the morning in an alley by 5a just staring up at the balcony,  then again when she came home from school just staring at the balcony.   The balcony of 5a where a child had gone missing.   The men never seen again.   So ignore that would you?

The point is that it is not proof of wrong doing.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #4316 on: June 13, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
I wonder what the odds were, it was a pen.

Say 50/50.   @)(++(*

The child said it was a pencil.   She was able to describe what he was wearing and what he looked like as he was oblivious to her as he was intent at staring at the balcony o 5a.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4317 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »
Of course he would.  The odds that that was an abductor or working with one are less than 45 million to one.  Cheeky's done the maths.  No need to look at anyone else but the parents.

Offline Lace

« Reply #4318 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:50 AM »

It is proof the McCann's were being watched.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4319 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:25 AM »
Cheeky asked for proof.  If there was proof that the McCann apartment were being watched, what would that look like?  A written statement by the watcher saying he was watching the apartment?  Cheeky is asking for the impossible.  What Lace has supplied is evidence, which you and Cheeky are at liberty to scoff and jeer at, it doesn't change the fact that it is evidence that the apartment was being watched.