Author Topic: Suggestion for moderation  (Read 16228 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Suggestion for moderation
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »
First of all any moderator who uses their position as you allege should lose their moderator priviledges. Secondly, in my opinion, this is attempt by you to continue the argument you were pursuing on another thread.

Agree and agree. Nobody likes being moderated and especially so if the person landed with the task is taking part in the discussion. As far as I am concerned my fellow mods would never use their position to upstage an opposing viewpoint.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:03:05 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »
Agree and agree. Nobody likes being moderated and especially so if the person landed with the task is taking part in the discussion. As far as I am concerned my fellow mods would never use their position to upstage an opposing viewpoint.

you and your fellow mods continually post opinion as fact and fail to give cites...gunit tonight has failed to give a cite and you have both failed to moderate faith for the same because you share her viewpoint

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
I moderate any poster who breaks the rules, I don't moderate according to which 'team' they represent. This is checkable, although not by you.  The deviding line on this board isn't between 'opposing teams', imo, it's between those who enjoy debating and those who enjoy quarrelling.
You didn’t remove Faithlilly’s claim that Kate didn’t answer any questions about the disappearance despite the fact that it is a patently false statement, designed to mislead any passing reader of the forum.  Why not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 02:08:59 PM »
Hey folks, join me in a celebration of my big 5-0!  Yep, 50 warnings since joining, here's to the next 50.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 06:47:23 AM »
Hey folks, join me in a celebration of my big 5-0!  Yep, 50 warnings since joining, here's to the next 50.
You're up to 59 now.    You might get your wish.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 07:33:50 AM »
You're up to 59 now.    You might get your wish.
I now view them as medals, it’s one way to deal with the unfairness (as I perceive it) of the system- turn a negative into a positive.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 08:30:41 AM »
I now view them as medals, it’s one way to deal with the unfairness (as I perceive it) of the system- turn a negative into a positive.

That's like a burglar being proud of how many times he's been caught and punished.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 08:44:17 AM »
That's like a burglar being proud of how many times he's been caught and punished.  @)(++(*

Or a way to deal with bias.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »

You're sailing very close to the wind.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 09:01:05 AM »

So are a lot of other people.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 09:15:10 AM »
Or a way to deal with bias.

Bias isn't an acceptable reason for sanctioning a member. In order for a moderator to issue a sanction Forum rules have to be shown to have been breached. Otherwise the decision can and will be reversed on appeal.

Breaking Forum rules and then claiming bias by moderators is not going to work, as has been demonstrated. Refraining from breaking the rules is the only way to avoid sanctions in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 09:15:33 AM »
I love sailing, the windier the better.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
Except "being nadty (sic) to Wonderfulspam" (one of my warnings) isn't a criminal offence - yet....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:19:58 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 09:24:40 AM »
Bias isn't an acceptable reason for sanctioning a member. In order for a moderator to issue a sanction Forum rules have to be shown to have been breached. Otherwise the decision can and will be reversed on appeal.

Breaking Forum rules and then claiming bias by moderators is not going to work, as has been demonstrated. Refraining from breaking the rules is the only way to avoid sanctions in my opinion.

Are there any Sceptics with this number of Warnings?  All as white as the driven snow are they?

I never have understood this penchant for awarding Warning Points when a Deletion is often quite enough.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »

The problem is - inconsistency as witnessed by the recent debacle over the slurring (aka libelling) of a perfectly innocent man, with accusations that he was a hustler, a liar who made money out of selling lies to the tabloids.  You refused to condemn this, repeatedly.  Points were eventually awarded to the culprit, which were then removed on appeal - why?  If you can't explain this then you can't expect anyone to take the rules or the punishments seriously.  No doubt this home truth will win me another warning or even a ban, it's worth it to highlight the issue though IMO.