Author Topic: Was the PJ right to decide that Madeleine had died so early on?  (Read 35323 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Was the PJ right to decide that Madeleine had died so early on?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
So do you think there's a bottomless pit in Portugal as far as funding this case goes- how many years in total have PJ been investigating?  It must amount to a pretty penny, yet funnily enough I also don't hear much criticism ffrom the Portuguese about the amount being spent on one foreign missing child.  Could it possibly be that it's because they're actually not spending very much time or money trying to crack this case at all?

You are missing the point.  Perhaps you could read my post again.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline jassi

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 04:28:17 PM »
I think it not beyond the bounds of possibility that some OG funding has been redirected to Portugal for their assistance in this case.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 04:46:10 PM »
So if there are no signs whatsoever of activity from the PJ at all then we are not allowed to criticise and must instead assume they are beavering away dilligently behind the scenes, almost certainly n the verge of cracking the case?  Righty-ho then.  ^*&&
Hyperbole on top of Portu-bashing.

Nicola Wall got in, assessed the case, got out again, and got on with cracking solvable cases.

As for the Porto investigation, the fact that you are ignorant of what has been going on, means precisely that - you are ignorant of what has been going on, no more and no less.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
for all your research youve added little if anything that wasnt already known IMO.

Like SiL said the otherday
"You do come up with some corkers".

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:34:22 AM by slartibartfast »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
You are missing the point.  Perhaps you could read my post again.
I’ve read it again.  Now what?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 05:52:35 PM »
Hyperbole on top of Portu-bashing.

Nicola Wall got in, assessed the case, got out again, and got on with cracking solvable cases.

As for the Porto investigation, the fact that you are ignorant of what has been going on, means precisely that - you are ignorant of what has been going on, no more and no less.
Oh I didn’t realise Nicola Wall had left Operation Grange, when was that announced?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »
The fact that Amaral made up his mind that Madeleine was dead and that they were anly searching for a dead Madeleine, almost from day 1 is disgraceful. 8()(((@#

Also the way that he decided, without any evidence, to Stick it all on The Mccanns  ?8)@)-)

There were many more things, but the two above were so destructive to ever finding Madeleine.   Seems he didn't care.

Please stop posting that there was no evidence Sadie because that is untrue.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:01:10 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »
Please stop posting that there was no evidence Sadie because that is untrue.

none of the evidence used to make the mccanns arguidos was confirmed...Pedro daCarmo siad there is no evidence against the Mccanns....
Sounds like Sadie is quite right
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:31:27 PM by Davel »

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 06:39:49 PM »
none of the evidence used to make the mccanns arguidos was confirmed...Pedro daCarmo siad there is no evidence against the Mccanns....
Sounds like Sadie is quite right

No, Sadie is completely wrong. The Portuguese AG would never have permitted the case to go as far as it did unless there was compelling evidence against the suspects. One has to remember that the police had at their disposal much more evidence over and above that made public. That evidence aside, the parents in refusing to cooperate fully in an investigation in which its principal aim was to find their own missing child was appalling and must have raised many eyebrows both in Faro and in London.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:44:06 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 06:46:56 PM »
No, Sadie is completely wrong. The Portuguese AG would never have permitted the case to go as far as it did unless there was compelling evidence against the suspects. One has to remember that the police had at their disposal much more evidence over and above that made public. That evidence aside, the parents in refusing to cooperate fully in an investigation which was attempting to find their own child was appalling and must have raised many eyebrows both in Faro and in London.

Speculation... The, arguidos have to be informed of all evidence against them... The evidence us in the files... And none of it was confirmed... In my view the only eyebrows  raised in London would be, at the incompetence of the Portuguese... At least the present investigation admit there is no evidence against the mccanns

Offline John

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
Speculation... The, arguidos have to be informed of all evidence against them... The evidence us in the files... And none of it was confirmed... In my view the only eyebrows  raised in London would be, at the incompetence of the Portuguese... At least the present investigation admit there is no evidence against the mccanns

That's incorrect because I know for a fact that there is a substantial amount of evidence.  Whether SY chooses to act on it is another matter completely.

To go back to the opening post for a moment.  The PJ made their decision on the basis of all the evidence available to them at the time.  Only they know the extent of that evidence. They chose to pursue Robert Murat before pursuing the missing child's parents.  They cannot be criticised for merely doing their job in what was extremely difficult and unusual circumstances.  The parents did themselves no favours by refusing to cooperate fully IMO.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:43:33 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 07:17:54 PM »
That's incorrect because I know for a fact that there is a substantial amount of evidence.  Whether SY chooses to act on it is another matter completely.

To go back to the opening post for a moment.  The PJ made their decision on the basis of all the evidence available to them at the time.  Only they know the extent of that evidence. They chose to pursue Robert Murat before pursuing the missing child's parents.  They cannot be criticised for merely doing their job in what was extremely difficult and unusual circumstances.

how do you know for a fact.....thats a sweeping statement that requires some sort of cite...I know for  afact all the evidence has to be declared at the arguido stage....
the Pj persued the mccanns because they thought the dogs were 100% accurate...thats a fact and is in  files...the PJ got it badly wrong
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:20:40 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 07:30:57 PM »

To go back to the opening post for a moment.  The PJ made their decision on the basis of all the evidence available to them at the time.  Only they know the extent of that evidence. They chose to pursue Robert Murat before pursuing the missing child's parents.  They cannot be criticised for merely doing their job in what was extremely difficult and unusual circumstances.  The parents did themselves no favours by refusing to cooperaste fully IMO.

are the Pj also not acting on this evidence you claim exists....on a forum where every post has to be qualified with...imo....and its against the rules to talk about the abduction...I find your claim bizarre

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
are the Pj also not acting on this evidence you claim exists....on a forum where every post has to be qualified with...imo....and its against the rules to talk about the abduction...I find your claim bizarre

The PJ have collected a lot of evidence as has SY. They are not pursuing anyone as yet on the basis that the evidence so collected is insufficient to mount any prosecution.  IMO, Redwood came closest to taking this case forward but he failed to find Madeleine's remains.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 07:49:21 PM »
The PJ have collected a lot of evidence as has SY. They are not pursuing anyone as yet on the basis that the evidence so collected is insufficient to mount any prosecution.  IMO, Redwood came closest to taking this case forward but he failed to find Madeleine's remains.

you are still speculating...what evidence have SY or the PJ collected and who does it relate to....there is no sign the PJ have done anything
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:53:58 PM by Davel »