Author Topic: Cops quiz British gardener in Madeleine McCann disappearance.  (Read 28879 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Cops quiz British gardener in Madeleine McCann disappearance.
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2014, 12:47:44 AM »
Thank you for confirming that, I wasn't sure I had heard the remark correctly as the audio is garbled.
Interesting, especially looking at his build & haircut.

Also I found it difficult to make out the audio because of traffic noise in the background, but from what I could catch I thought his English had an interesting accent.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2014, 12:56:56 AM »
Also I found it difficult to make out the audio because of traffic noise in the background, but from what I could catch I thought his English had an interesting accent.

He was born in Hertfordshire.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2014, 01:10:12 AM »
He was born in Hertfordshire.
From listening to the audio, it is easy to deduce that it had been raining the preceding night this is why the note was soggy.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:14:07 AM by pegasus »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
Approximately two weeks before that diligence, in early January, the investigators spent five minutes in an informal conversation in a parking lot in Praia da Luz, with an English gardener, after an anonymous email had been sent to British newspapers and to the PJ, associating him to the scenario of Maddie's abduction, because of being a "weird" person. The PJ, that did not even consider the possibility of summoning the man for an interrogation, did not attribute any credibility to this lead, as it is suspected that the email that denounced the gardener was sent by someone who had had personal problems with the person.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:37:29 AM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
Approximately two weeks before that diligence, in early January, the investigators spent five minutes in an informal conversation in a parking lot in Praia da Luz, with an English gardener, after an anonymous email had been sent to British newspapers and to the PJ, associating him to the scenario of Maddie's abduction, because of being a "weird" person. The PJ, that did not even consider the possibility of summoning the man for an interrogation, did not attribute any credibility to this lead, as it is suspected that the email that denounced the gardener was sent by someone who had had personal problems with the person.

It is strange thing around the gardener, one thing he finds the letter about Madeleine, the other is that someone sends an email naming him as a suspect
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:38:11 AM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
It is strange thing around the gardener, one thing he finds the letter about Madeleine, the other is that someone sends an email naming him as a suspect

When he allegedly found the letter on the doorstep of 5a he was described as a 'handyman' wasn't he?  Wonder what he was doing in that particular location, the door is recessed and the path leads nowhere else.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2014, 03:43:57 PM »
When he allegedly found the letter on the doorstep of 5a he was described as a 'handyman' wasn't he?  Wonder what he was doing in that particular location, the door is recessed and the path leads nowhere else.

Very good point.  Although translations are not to be trusted.

Offline jassi

« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »

As a handyman, could he not have been doing a job within 5A ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »

I have not seen any explanation of what he was doing in 5a, just as I haven't seen any corroboration of the tabloid story that a letter was found and handed in ... have you?

Offline jassi

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »
I have not seen any explanation of what he was doing in 5a, just as I haven't seen any corroboration of the tabloid story that a letter was found and handed in ... have you?

No.  Do you expect any ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »

No.  Do you expect any ?

I have learned to take ... nothing ... at face value.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »
No. OC used their own employees for repairs inside apartment (see the repair sheet for adult bedroom shutter repair by employees MDM and LFMF). GJ was a contractor not an employee. GJ statement clearly states he never worked inside these apartments, and had never been in 5A.
GJ statement describes what areas he worked on. There may may be a transcription problem of this statement because it says "block 4" when it is clearly referring to block 5. I think it means block 5. He maintained the gardens of the carpark area (not the gardens on the south side), and he cleaned the stairs in the stairwell, and the windows of the stairwell area only. This work was done always on Wednesday, every week, starting at about 14:00 and finishing at about 15:30 or 16:00.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:27:22 PM by pegasus »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »
No. OC used their own employees for repairs inside apartment (see the repair sheet for adult bedroom shutter repair by employees MDM and LFMF). GJ statement clearly states he never worked inside these apartments, and had never been in 5A.
GJ statement describes what areas he worked on. There may may be a transcription problem of this statement because it says "block 4" when it is clearly referring to block 5. I think it means block 5. He maintained the gardens of the carpark area (not the gardens on the south side), and he cleaned the stairs in the stairwell, and the windows of the stairwell area only. This work was done always on Wednesday, every week, starting at about 14:00 and finishing at about 15:30 or 16:00.

But this letter was found a year later, apparently.

Anyway, he was questioned last week, and apparently not within the time frame of the latest Rogatory Letters.

And I would quite like to know what he was doing between 7.30pm and 9.30pm when he doesn't appear to have had an alibi.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
But this letter was found a year later, apparently.
IMO it was found (at latest) afternoon Wed Oct 3rd. The UK tabloid says May 3rd 2008 was soggy and photographs tell us it wasn't soggy. Who to believe? Maybe the photos are forged and the tabloid is telling the truth?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:18:21 AM by John »