Author Topic: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?  (Read 29553 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Would It Be Possible For Madeleine To Live A 'Normal' Life Elsewhere?
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2019, 10:46:59 PM »
There was another case in South Africa in the 1990’s when Michaela Hunter, only 17 hours old was taken from a hospital in Johannesburg. Her kidnapper was a student and was participating in an intern programme at the hospital. She told the baby’s mother she needs her child as part of an organised university course to demonstrate bathing an infant. She took the baby and disappeared. She pretended to be pregnant until her boyfriend became suspicious when she arrived home with a newborn. He reported it to police and Michaela was reunited with her family after two years. This is the person who took the infant.

There are so may scenarios when children are taken. That is the point I wanted to share.

Had you heard about any of these children before an intensive google search ? Compare the publicity surrounding their disappearance with that surrounding Madeleine’s.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2019, 10:51:38 PM »
Had you heard about any of these children before an intensive google search ? Compare the publicity surrounding their disappearance with that surrounding Madeleine’s.
I had heard of the first one.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2019, 08:09:33 AM »
Faithlilly, the two cases I am referring to happened in an era without facebook, twitter and other social media. I cannot compare them to the publicity Madeleine is getting. Perhaps you can? There was/is no need for me to resort to an ‘intensive google search’ concerning these cases. I am South African and at the time both were widely reported on in newspapers and other published material.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2019, 09:13:36 AM »
Faithlilly, the two cases I am referring to happened in an era without facebook, twitter and other social media. I cannot compare them to the publicity Madeleine is getting. Perhaps you can? There was/is no need for me to resort to an ‘intensive google search’ concerning these cases. I am South African and at the time both were widely reported on in newspapers and other published material.

This case has only really been made complicated by the fact the disappearance took place in an area where the population was highly transient with a lack of surveillance.  Both of which made an abduction possible to execute and avoid detection thereafter.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline jassi

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
Aye, so much so that no trace has ever been found of child or alleged abductor.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
I totally agree, Jassi. In my opinion, once a missing person, but especially a minor is retrieved, the real heartache begins. It becomes a no-win scenario for everyone concerned. As you say: be careful what you wish for. Perhaps the forum can theorize around the possible scenario that if Madeleine is alive and retrieved and re-united with her siblings and parents ... then what?

Strangely enough I've found myself thinking about this.  I think much would depend on how MM fared with any abductor(s).  If she has been well cared for her family, friends and the public at large might take a more lenient view with the abductor(s).  Regardless the courts will want and need to punish with a long custodial sentence.  This will mean MM suffers another traumatic separation even if she has been mistreated ie Stockholm syndrome.  The McCanns will no doubt still see MM as the nearly 4 year old she was when she disappeared when in reality she's almost an adult.  MM could feel resentful and angry about the way in which she was left.  Any abductor(s) may have raised MM differently to how the McCanns would have chosen which will inevitably cause problems.  All concerned will need a lot of expert help in coming to terms with it all and moving on.   But as KM said in the interview with Fiona Bruce (10th anniversary) the best possible outcome is that MM is found alive and well and anything else they'll deal with or words to this effect.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline barrier

« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2019, 09:56:49 AM »
Strangely enough I've found myself thinking about this.  I think much would depend on how MM fared with any abductor(s).  If she has been well cared for her family, friends and the public at large might take a more lenient view with the abductor(s).  Regardless the courts will want and need to punish with a long custodial sentence.  This will mean MM suffers another traumatic separation even if she has been mistreated ie Stockholm syndrome.  The McCanns will no doubt still see MM as the nearly 4 year old she was when she disappeared when in reality she's almost an adult.  MM could feel resentful and angry about the way in which she was left.  Any abductor(s) may have raised MM differently to how the McCanns would have chosen which will inevitably cause problems.  All concerned will need a lot of expert help in coming to terms with it all and moving on.   But as KM said in the interview with Fiona Bruce (10th anniversary) the best possible outcome is that MM is found alive and well and anything else they'll deal with or words to this effect.

Who is going to bring this imaginary scenario to bear SY? they have no jurisdiction in Portugal its not their case,the PJ ? what is the statute of limitations on abduction?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2019, 10:12:02 AM »
Who is going to bring this imaginary scenario to bear SY? they have no jurisdiction in Portugal its not their case,the PJ ? what is the statute of limitations on abduction?

I have wondered about this as well.
If Madeleine was discovered within UK territory, then things would be more straightforward, although it may be argued that UK have no charge to bring, depending upon circumstances.

Outside of that, Portugal may not wish to proceed after so many years, particularly it it were to involve lengthy extradition procedures

This all assumes that Madeleine is alive and ultimately found.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2019, 10:15:23 AM »
If Madeleine was discovered within UK territory, then things would be more straightforward, although it may be argued that UK have no charge to bring, depending upon circumstances.

Outside of that, Portugal may not wish to proceed after so many years, particularly it it were to involve lengthy extradition procedures

Which is totally at odds with SY's activities in 2014,nothing since except a vast scaling back of man power.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2019, 10:16:33 AM »

It seems one of the better outcomes possible.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2019, 10:17:35 AM »
It seems one of the better outcomes possible.

It might be seen to be better,but in reality is it likely.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2019, 10:25:00 AM »
It might be seen to be better,but in reality is it likely.
Yes it is. 
Moderation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2019, 10:26:36 AM »

If such a situation arose it would depend on where MM/abductor(s) are found.  If Portugal the PJ would deal with it all single-handedly.  If they were in some other country then the PJ would have to put a case to that country's law enforcement and if they agreed then the abductor(s) would be extradited to stand trial in Portugal. 

I don't believe any statue of limitation exists in terms of abduction. 

Anyhow I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here!  Any abductor(s) need to be found first!

Offline barrier

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2019, 10:28:59 AM »
If such a situation arose it would depend on where MM/abductor(s) are found.  If Portugal the PJ would deal with it all single-handedly.  If they were in some other country then the PJ would have to put a case to that country's law enforcement and if they agreed then the abductor(s) would be extradited to stand trial in Portugal. 

Anyhow I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here!  Any abductor(s) need to be found first!

Ain't that the truth.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2019, 10:31:21 AM »

I'm sort of hoping "Madeleine" will reach out to us.  Possibly through a Facebook group.   It might be hard to recognise who is behind whatever identity she has now.
Moderation