Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239396 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 12:10:23 AM »
But yet after all the years of investigation by both  NSy and the Portuguese you do still be!ieve Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.
Why?

Both countries are still co-operating on this case to get it solved.

British police helped to "develop evidence" against Madeleine McCann's parents as they were investigated by Portuguese police as formal suspects in the disappearance of their daughter, the US ambassador to Portugal was told by his British counterpart in September 2007.

The meeting between US ambassador Al Hoffman and the British ambassador, Alexander Wykeham Ellis, took place a fortnight after Kate and Gerry McCann were formally declared arguidos, or suspects, by Portuguese police. The McCanns have said that there was "absolutely no evidence to implicate them in Madeleine's disappearance whatsoever."

In a diplomatic cable marked confidential, the US ambassador reported: "Without delving into the details of the case, Ellis admitted that the British police had developed the current evidence against the McCann parents, and he stressed that authorities from both countries were working co-operatively."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/dec/13/wikileaks-madeleine-mccann-british-police
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 03:14:03 AM »

British police helped to "develop evidence" against Madeleine McCann's parents as they were investigated by Portuguese police as formal suspects in the disappearance of their daughter, the US ambassador to Portugal was told by his British counterpart in September 2007.

The meeting between US ambassador Al Hoffman and the British ambassador, Alexander Wykeham Ellis, took place a fortnight after Kate and Gerry McCann were formally declared arguidos, or suspects, by Portuguese police. The McCanns have said that there was "absolutely no evidence to implicate them in Madeleine's disappearance whatsoever."

In a diplomatic cable marked confidential, the US ambassador reported: "Without delving into the details of the case, Ellis admitted that the British police had developed the current evidence against the McCann parents, and he stressed that authorities from both countries were working co-operatively."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/dec/13/wikileaks-madeleine-mccann-british-police
Diplomatic gossip ?? which like the sceptic shibboleths means nothing with the passage of time as a fuller picture of events becomes apparent.
Wasn't Amaral sacked for saying the exact opposite on the occasion when he badmouthed the British cops saying they were hand in glove with the McCanns?

Snip
The cable does not specify what evidence British police are alleged to have gathered, or whether UK investigators were involved in the decision to formally name the McCanns as suspects.

They remained under official suspicion until July 2008 when Portuguese police shelved the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance and lifted the McCann's status as arguidos.

The three-year-old went missing from an apartment in the Algarve on May 3, 2007 while her parents dined with friends in a nearby restaurant.

Speaking at the time the suspect status was lifted, Mrs McCann said: "It is hard to describe how utterly despairing it was to be named arguidos and subsequently portrayed in the media as suspects in our own daughter's abduction."

A spokesman for the McCanns said: "This is an entirely historic note that is more than three years old. Subsequently, Kate and Gerry had their arguido status lifted, with the Portuguese authorities making it perfectly clear that there was absolutely no evidence to implicate them in Madeleine's disappearance whatsoever.

"To this day, they continue to work tirelessly on the search for their daughter, co-operating when appropriate with both the Portuguese and British authorities."
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/uk-built-evidence-against-mccanns-wikileaks
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 08:52:58 AM »
This is truly the most pointless thread I have ever read on this board.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »
In my opinion there is more reliance on belief amongst those who are convinced that the McCanns are innocent. They believe that Madeleine was anducted by a stranger, but that's not a proven fact. Like the McCanns they quoted the archiving despatch for years to 'prove' they were cleared by the first investigation, but the Supreme Court Judges dispelled that belief.

I don't believe in the McCann's guilt or innocence, but I do think there are many aspects of their evidence and behaviour which require explanation. It may be that there are good reasons  for the things that puzzle me, but until I hear them one reason could be guilt.

In the meantime, I will continue to point out that there are questions because those who believe the McCanns are innocent often ignore them.  .
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2019, 09:11:00 AM »
This is truly the most pointless thread I have ever read on this board.

*%87
Not liking this thread?
Don't participate then .
Easily sorted.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2019, 09:14:13 AM »
In my opinion there is more reliance on belief amongst those who are convinced that the McCanns are innocent. They believe that Madeleine was anducted by a stranger, but that's not a proven fact. Like the McCanns they quoted the archiving despatch for years to 'prove' they were cleared by the first investigation, but the Supreme Court Judges dispelled that belief.

I don't believe in the McCann's guilt or innocence, but I do think there are many aspects of their evidence and behaviour which require explanation. It may be that there are good reasons  for the things that puzzle me, but until I hear them one reason could be guilt.

In the meantime, I will continue to point out that there are questions because those who believe the McCanns are innocent often ignore them.  .

You think questions are being ignored... I don't agree...one if the main sceptics beliefs is their reliance on the dog alerts as evidence... You yourself said that it was Grimes opinion the alerts, were to cadaver odour... Two other sceptics have repeated the claim... It isn't true

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »
*%87
Not liking this thread?
Don't participate then .
Easily sorted.

It’s not that I don’t like it I just don’t see the point. Can I ask what you are trying to achieve?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2019, 09:17:25 AM »
You think questions are being ignored... I don't agree...one if the main sceptics beliefs is their reliance on the dog alerts as evidence... You yourself said that it was Grimes opinion the alerts, were to cadaver odour... Two other sceptics have repeated the claim... It isn't true

Until, or if, Madeleine turns up alive the alerts cannot be discounted.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2019, 09:22:47 AM »

You miss the point completely.
It is a fact that after many years of investigation by both NSY and the Portuguese Police that Madeleine's parents are not suspects in her disappearance.
You may continue to express your doubts and concerns but it doesn't alter the above fact one iota.
I started the thread because from time to time I do wonder what sceptics are waiting for?
As you have liked Faiths post, you obviously agree that this is thee most pointless thread ever!
Don't contribute then, let it sink into oblivion.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 09:24:48 AM »
It’s not that I don’t like it I just don’t see the point. Can I ask what you are trying to achieve?

Has every thread to achieve anything?
Is there a purpose to every thread?
As I said don't contribute!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 09:28:08 AM »
Until, or if, Madeleine turns up alive the alerts cannot be discounted.

I think you are totally wrong... The alerts can be discounted until corobborated

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2019, 09:29:48 AM »
Then ee have the sceptic belief that the non verbatim twice translated statements can be taken as an exact account of what the McCann's said and there is no room fir error

Offline Erngath

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »

That article is nine years old!
Still working cooperatively?
Nine years and  still and as yet  no evidence against the McCanns.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »

There is evidence against the McCanns.

Witness statements are evidence.

A witness said they saw Kate & Gerry carrying a big black bag & acting suspiciously.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
Yip, for blatantly obvious reasons, I'm one of those sceptics. Count me in on the that one. 
Count me in when your posting your proof that I'm wrong. 8(0(*
There was enough evidence against Barry George to convict him... That's why I always, say no real evidence against the mccanns