Author Topic: How to upload Bamber related photos to the forum  (Read 12783 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: How to upload Bamber related photos to the forum
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 01:40:03 AM »
I think you are wrong about that.  For me it is more a matter of whether I have the energy and stamina to tackle a case as enormous as the Bamber case.    The effects of the Corona virus linger on.   Looking after myself becomes more of a priority.

When did you have that?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 02:48:32 AM »
When did you have that?
Since February.  I seem to have one of those long lingering cases.  At least I'm alive and beginning to put in half-days.   It definitely has a detrimental affect on your brain.

Tiredness and a loss of memory.  Films I saw during lockdown I can't recall seeing them like I normally would have.

To be able to tackle a case like the Bamber case you need full concentration.   Blood clots, hypertension, kidney liver and pancreas inflammation were all part of the problem.  There are such a wide variety of symptoms in the more chronic cases.

"Some scientists suspect that Covid-19 causes respiratory failure and death not through damage to the lungs, but the brain – and other symptoms include headaches, strokes and seizures.
F
For Julie Helms, it started with a handful of patients admitted to her intensive care unit at Strasbourg University Hospital in northeast France in early March 2020. Within days, every single patient in the ICU had Covid-19 – and it was not just their breathing difficulties that alarmed her.

“They were extremely agitated, and many had neurological problems – mainly confusion and delirium,” she says. “We are used to having some patients in the ICU who are agitated and require sedation, but this was completely abnormal. It has been very scary, especially because many of the people we treated were very young – many in their 30s and 40s, even an 18-year-old.”

Helms and her colleagues published a small study in the New England Journal of Medicine documenting the neurological symptoms in their Covid-19 patients, ranging from cognitive difficulties to confusion. All are signs of “encephalopathy” (the general term for damage to the brain) – a trend that researchers in Wuhan had noticed in coronavirus patients there in February.

Now, more than 300 studies from around the world have found a prevalence of neurological abnormalities in Covid-19 patients, including mild symptoms like headaches, loss of smell (anosmia) and tingling sensations (arcoparasthesia), up to more severe outcomes such as aphasia (inability to speak), strokes and seizures. This is in addition to recent findings that the virus, which has been largely considered to be a respiratory disease, can also wreak havoc on the kidneys, liver, heart, and just about every organ system in the body."
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200622-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19-infection
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 06:55:45 PM »
Since February.  I seem to have one of those long lingering cases.  At least I'm alive and beginning to put in half-days.   It definitely has a detrimental affect on your brain.

Tiredness and a loss of memory.  Films I saw during lockdown I can't recall seeing them like I normally would have.

To be able to tackle a case like the Bamber case you need full concentration.   Blood clots, hypertension, kidney liver and pancreas inflammation were all part of the problem.  There are such a wide variety of symptoms in the more chronic cases.

"Some scientists suspect that Covid-19 causes respiratory failure and death not through damage to the lungs, but the brain – and other symptoms include headaches, strokes and seizures.
F
For Julie Helms, it started with a handful of patients admitted to her intensive care unit at Strasbourg University Hospital in northeast France in early March 2020. Within days, every single patient in the ICU had Covid-19 – and it was not just their breathing difficulties that alarmed her.

“They were extremely agitated, and many had neurological problems – mainly confusion and delirium,” she says. “We are used to having some patients in the ICU who are agitated and require sedation, but this was completely abnormal. It has been very scary, especially because many of the people we treated were very young – many in their 30s and 40s, even an 18-year-old.”

Helms and her colleagues published a small study in the New England Journal of Medicine documenting the neurological symptoms in their Covid-19 patients, ranging from cognitive difficulties to confusion. All are signs of “encephalopathy” (the general term for damage to the brain) – a trend that researchers in Wuhan had noticed in coronavirus patients there in February.

Now, more than 300 studies from around the world have found a prevalence of neurological abnormalities in Covid-19 patients, including mild symptoms like headaches, loss of smell (anosmia) and tingling sensations (arcoparasthesia), up to more severe outcomes such as aphasia (inability to speak), strokes and seizures. This is in addition to recent findings that the virus, which has been largely considered to be a respiratory disease, can also wreak havoc on the kidneys, liver, heart, and just about every organ system in the body."
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200622-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19-infection

Did you 'test' positive?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
Did you 'test' positive?
Testing positive via an intranasal test is a matter of getting a test done when the virus is in your nose.  That is only in the early stages of the disease.  At the time there was no testing being done, and they just told us to self-isolate, which I did.
In May I did submit to a intranasal test which was negative.  The virus was in my lungs, liver, pancreas, blood vessels by then.  There was no routine test for that, so for two days I was in a general ward in the hospital.

“long-haulers.”  is the term being used.  There is the number of infections, those that die, those that recover, and then there are thousands who have a chronic illness.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/ 

Reading that article sounds just like my case, but I got to the point of just about dying of it.

"Yet support groups on Slack and Facebook host thousands of people like LeClerc, who say they have been wrestling with serious COVID-19 symptoms for at least a month, if not two or three. Some call themselves “long-termers” or “long-haulers.”" 

I was aware of the "long hauler" condition even before the term was used on the internet.   I was beginning to wonder if there were people who never get over it.  I imagine there are.  Some of those that have been on these ventilators, who have had strokes, suffered damaged kidneys, pulmonary embolisms and strained hearts will be permanently damaged.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:51:06 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2020, 02:31:26 AM »
Testing positive via an intranasal test is a matter of getting a test done when the virus is in your nose.  That is only in the early stages of the disease.  At the time there was no testing being done, and they just told us to self-isolate, which I did.
In May I did submit to a intranasal test which was negative.  The virus was in my lungs, liver, pancreas, blood vessels by then.  There was no routine test for that, so for two days I was in a general ward in the hospital.

“long-haulers.”  is the term being used.  There is the number of infections, those that die, those that recover, and then there are thousands who have a chronic illness.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/ 

Reading that article sounds just like my case, but I got to the point of just about dying of it.

"Yet support groups on Slack and Facebook host thousands of people like LeClerc, who say they have been wrestling with serious COVID-19 symptoms for at least a month, if not two or three. Some call themselves “long-termers” or “long-haulers.”" 

I was aware of the "long hauler" condition even before the term was used on the internet.   I was beginning to wonder if there were people who never get over it.  I imagine there are.  Some of those that have been on these ventilators, who have had strokes, suffered damaged kidneys, pulmonary embolisms and strained hearts will be permanently damaged.

Hang on, if you didn't test positive then you don't know if you have had it.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2020, 02:45:20 AM »
Hang on, if you didn't test positive then you don't know if you have had it.
Every one of the symptoms I had are the same as those with the disease.  Plenty of the people with Covid haven't returned a positive test.  You are most likely to get a positive test when you are asymptomatic. 

This is the feature that has allowed the virus to be such a problem, you don't need symptoms to be already spreading the disease.
It is much more difficult to get a positive test in the chronic stages of the disease. 

The visit to the hospital in June I asked for a antibody test but they wouldn't do that either.  So it isn't for lack of trying to get a confirmatory test.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:01:12 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2020, 03:32:23 AM »
Every one of the symptoms I had are the same as those with the disease.  Plenty of the people with Covid haven't returned a positive test.  You are most likely to get a positive test when you are asymptomatic. 

This is the feature that has allowed the virus to be such a problem, you don't need symptoms to be already spreading the disease.
It is much more difficult to get a positive test in the chronic stages of the disease. 

The visit to the hospital in June I asked for a antibody test but they wouldn't do that either.  So it isn't for lack of trying to get a confirmatory test.

I have heard lots of people speculate that they have had it - fact is without a positive test, you don't know. At the moment, you just assume you have had it. Do you know anyone who has tested positive for it?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2020, 12:22:45 PM »
I have heard lots of people speculate that they have had it - fact is without a positive test, you don't know. At the moment, you just assume you have had it. Do you know anyone who has tested positive for it?
No but I visited a sick man who had come back from the Wuhan area of China in late Jan.

"How Long Does COVID-19 Last? First Detailed Study on the Long Tail - Affecting 1 in 10"
https://youtu.be/d9y9o6Dy5jI

I had something wrong but now I'm feeling pretty much OK.   Maybe still a touch of chronic bronchitis.  But that seems to be only a problem in the evenings.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:53:43 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »
In places where they did antibody testing, the incidence of finding antibodies was something like 5 times the incidence found by the testing for the virus.    A lot of people will have such mild symptoms they don't bother to get tested.
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2020, 01:26:03 PM »
No but I visited a sick man who had come back from the Wuhan area of China in late Jan.

"How Long Does COVID-19 Last? First Detailed Study on the Long Tail - Affecting 1 in 10"
https://youtu.be/d9y9o6Dy5jI

I had something wrong but now I'm feeling pretty much OK.   Maybe still a touch of chronic bronchitis.  But that seems to be only a problem in the evenings.

But the sick guy hadn't tested positive either? Unless you had a test, you're really just speculating and the hospital didn't see any need to test you. I would be happy not to have had it if I were you. Glad you're feeling better now.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2020, 08:04:06 PM »
But the sick guy hadn't tested positive either? Unless you had a test, you're really just speculating and the hospital didn't see any need to test you. I would be happy not to have had it if I were you. Glad you're feeling better now.
Now that I've had it, I feel at least I'm immune, I don't think I'd get it again. 
That is the only advantage I can see so far.
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »
Now that I've had it, I feel at least I'm immune, I don't think I'd get it again. 
That is the only advantage I can see so far.

But you don't know that you have had it so your feeling immune could put you at risk.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »
But you don't know that you have had it so your feeling immune could put you at risk.
Possibily, but I truly feel I could go anywhere and help out in the pandemic if I felt inclined that way.  It is thinking about what other skills I could provide.  Trouble is I haven't really got the skills needed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 07:24:34 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Caroline

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2020, 02:26:33 AM »
Possibily, but I truly feel I could go anywhere and help out in the pandemic if I felt inclined that way.  It is thinking about what other skills I could provide.  Trouble is I haven't really got the skills needed.

You may feel like that but it would be silly to take risks on a hunch. Best work on keeping you and yours safe - if we all did that, this thing wouldn't be able to spread.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2020, 05:42:06 AM »
You may feel like that but it would be silly to take risks on a hunch. Best work on keeping you and yours safe - if we all did that, this thing wouldn't be able to spread.
Maybe I'll investigate getting the antibody test before I head out.
Moderation