Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464382 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #5865 on: July 05, 2019, 01:19:02 PM »
I wonder who identified the dogs.

The cadaver dogs used in the investigation into missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann and murdered Newent woman Kate Prout have been spotted at the dig.

The death dogs are supporting forensics teams looking in a field just over the Gloucestershire border for the remains of Cheltenham-born estate agent who vanished in July 1986.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/death-dogs-help-search-cheltenham-3053873

Maybe it was the handlers that were recognised, rather than the dogs
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5866 on: July 05, 2019, 07:22:46 PM »
I wonder who identified the dogs.

The cadaver dogs used in the investigation into missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann and murdered Newent woman Kate Prout have been spotted at the dig.

The death dogs are supporting forensics teams looking in a field just over the Gloucestershire border for the remains of Cheltenham-born estate agent who vanished in July 1986.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/death-dogs-help-search-cheltenham-3053873
The cadaver dogs site used in cases such as Madeleine McCann ....

The only thing in common IMO is that they are using cadaver dogs in the search.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 07:25:26 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5867 on: July 05, 2019, 07:26:20 PM »
That's the headline. In the body of the text -

"The cadaver dogs used in the investigation into missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann and murdered Newent woman Kate Prout have been spotted at the dig."
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5868 on: July 05, 2019, 07:43:35 PM »
That's the headline. In the body of the text -

"The cadaver dogs used in the investigation into missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann and murdered Newent woman Kate Prout have been spotted at the dig."
Amateur detectives and amateur journalists too.  Was Madeleine McCann a "schoolgirl"?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5869 on: July 05, 2019, 07:56:27 PM »
Amateur detectives and amateur journalists too.  Was Madeleine McCann a "schoolgirl"?

A trifle pedantic perhaps. She wasn't actually at primary school but attended pre-school activities.

I  suppose 'toddler' or 'child' might be considered more accurate

Strewth, what trivia we are reduced to discussing

Or maybe not -

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #5870 on: July 05, 2019, 07:58:41 PM »
A trifle pedantic perhaps. She wasn't actually at primary school but attended pre-school activities.

Yes nursery/kindergarden age.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5871 on: July 05, 2019, 08:13:13 PM »

The point I was making was for us not to take that article as being well researched.
Moderation

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5872 on: July 06, 2019, 02:11:03 PM »
'Helen's Law': Killers who conceal victims' bodies face parole refusal under new rules

Murderers who refuse to reveal the location of their victims’ bodies could be prevented from leaving prison under a new law.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/helens-law-body-murder-victim-refuse-parole-mccourt-simms-a8990966.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5873 on: July 06, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »
Paedophiles should have to pass a lie detector test to prove they are safe to leave prison, former police chief says

'Every person involved in sexual offence should be subject to a polygraph,' Mr Gamble said in an interview with The Telegraph.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7118573/Paedophiles-pass-lie-detector-test-former-police-chief-says.html?ico=fbia_related_article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/07/paedophiles-should-face-lie-detector-tests-released-jail-former/
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5874 on: July 06, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »
'Helen's Law': Killers who conceal victims' bodies face parole refusal under new rules

Murderers who refuse to reveal the location of their victims’ bodies could be prevented from leaving prison under a new law.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/helens-law-body-murder-victim-refuse-parole-mccourt-simms-a8990966.html

The problem with that is that if the convicted person is not actually guilty, then he cannot say where a body is.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5875 on: July 06, 2019, 02:40:41 PM »

Tough Titty if they are Innocent.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #5876 on: July 06, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »

That would be my concern.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5877 on: July 06, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »

That’s okay until it’s your son.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5878 on: July 06, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »
That’s okay until it’s your son.

You appear to have misunderstood my comment.

However, none of my sons are ever likely to be in that position.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5879 on: July 06, 2019, 06:44:10 PM »
You appear to have misunderstood my comment.

However, none of my sons are ever likely to be in that position.

Apologies if I misunderstood. Please explain ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?