Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47273 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #720 on: February 10, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »
I used to think that quoting a named person was sufficient, until Colin Sutton accused a journalist of blatantly attrubuting words to hm that he didn't say. Sometimes even what people say in filmed interviews is misquoted in print. In this case verification has been particularly difficult.
Sooooo, what do you accept as independent verification or do you simply pick and choose as it suits your argument to do so?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #721 on: February 10, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »
Yet they are reduced to 4 guys (or gals) sitting in an office somewhere in London. pushing paperwork, so not likely in my opinion.
Still, hope springs eternal for some, I guess

You said 'so not likely in my opinion'   how can you say that?   You have no idea what their investigating,  and then to say 'hope springs eternal for some'   well yes hope that OG are on to something to catch whoever took Madeleine or even catch that evil paedophile who assaulted the children  I can't understand why you wouldn't want the same IMO

Offline barrier

« Reply #722 on: February 10, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »
Yet they are reduced to 4 guys (or gals) sitting in an office somewhere in London. pushing paperwork, so not likely in my opinion.
Still, hope springs eternal for some, I guess

“It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson, Clockwise
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #723 on: February 10, 2019, 12:15:02 PM »
You said 'so not likely in my opinion'   how can you say that?   You have no idea what their investigating,  and then to say 'hope springs eternal for some'   well yes hope that OG are on to something to catch whoever took Madeleine or even catch that evil paedophile who assaulted the children  I can't understand why you wouldn't want the same IMO

I don't need to justify my opinion to you and I have no intention of doing so.
Hope is a waste of time. Wait for reality.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #724 on: February 10, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »

How very sad.

Offline jassi

« Reply #725 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:51 PM »
The only thing I hope for is that I wake up tomorrow morning. So far I haven't been disappointed.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #726 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:47 PM »
So in effect you are hopeless.  I'd go along with that...  8)--))
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #727 on: February 10, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »
So in effect you are hopeless.  I'd go along with that...  8)--))

It usually takes one to know one. 8(0(*

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #728 on: February 10, 2019, 12:34:52 PM »
It usually takes one to know one. 8(0(*
I'm not remotely as hopeless or as cynical as you are, thank god (who I don't believe in btw). 

Offline barrier

« Reply #729 on: February 10, 2019, 01:06:16 PM »

Given the alleged crime is in Portugal,OG do not have a legal right to investigate,what do you suppose they are doing?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #730 on: February 10, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »

Despite the best efforts of some to link Madeleines disappearance to some alleged sex attacker,a prime suspect and patsy taboot  was ruled out.

Madeleine: DNA finally clears dead suspect:

https://www.portugalresident.com/2014/11/10/madeleine-dna-finally-clears-dead-suspect/

The "(dead) alleged sex attacker ~ prime suspect ~ and patsy to boot" was the property of the Judicial Police; unless you can recall DCI Redwood ever mentioning anything to the contrary.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #731 on: February 10, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
The "(dead) alleged sex attacker ~ prime suspect ~ and patsy to boot" was the property of the Judicial Police; unless you can recall DCI Redwood ever mentioning anything to the contrary.

Redwood never mentioned any name any time including tannerman,not least because he's looking at an abduction as per their remit.Do I need to put imo, no b....r else seems to?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #732 on: February 10, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
There are issues with this story, based on the information released or published so far.

Logistics.  How does a perp target only white British children across half of the Algarve?

Why does the British Consulate know about these?

The Algarve in 2007 was a popular destination for other nationalities, including Portuguese, German, French, Dutch, Irish (and American and Australian).  Why just British?  Rather than white girls, or white girls who spoke English?

Good questions ... which most certainly should have been asked by the investigators on the ground at the time.

Which raises two questions for me ...
  • did they?
  • and to whom?
Was there even a central body in existence which collated information on crimes of this type to warn of a pattern in offence and MO?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #733 on: February 10, 2019, 04:30:50 PM »

Redwood never mentioned any name any time including tannerman,not least because he's looking at an abduction as per their remit.Do I need to put imo, no b....r else seems to?

Why were the Judicial Police investigating an individual with contacts in the Ocean Club whose phone was active in Luz after Madeleine's disappearance?

Who was in the loop of these calls?  Other persons of interest to the PJ?  And are they still interested?

Rhetorical questions ... to which a Sutton might have answers.

Have you never pondered who gave the PJ their remit ... they too are checking out abduction ... please do not insult yourself by requesting a cite for that.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #734 on: February 10, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »
Why were the Judicial Police investigating an individual with contacts in the Ocean Club whose phone was active in Luz after Madeleine's disappearance?

Who was in the loop of these calls?  Other persons of interest to the PJ?  And are they still interested?

Rhetorical questions ... to which a Sutton might have answers.

Have you never pondered who gave the PJ their remit ... they too are checking out abduction ... please do not insult yourself by requesting a cite for that.

I won't ask for a cite that the PJ are exploring abduction because there isn't one imo. There's a cite for do Carmo saying they are still looking at all scenarios.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0