Author Topic: Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?  (Read 23835 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Tony Bennett ! Misguided fool or fervent campaigner ?
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2013, 09:53:48 AM »
Well, I feel sorry for him.  I would have died a thousand deaths if I had been humiliated in such a fashion.

As for what I think of him, or his motives, I am still trying to figure that out.  But it all sounds frightfully sad to me.  What a waste of what could have been a force for goodness and kindness.

Offline muratfan

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2013, 09:55:49 AM »
In this one sentence you have just answered who you are...

If that is the standard of certain members powers of debate I'd rather they did not engage me in same as I will not respond.

Care to explain why you have gone back on your agreement and undertaking, and what you said on BBC News at the time?

By what powers of deduction do you reckon I am Tony Bennett ?

The moderators of this board can most certainly verify that I am not Tony Bennett from my location.

I shall await your apology Muratfan !

Who mentioned Tony Bennett?

Be interesting ... are you going to say you will allow them to post your IP, I will then match it on my Blog as I am well aware of your IP, as your proxy one is not hiding you very well

Offline gilet

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »

If that is the standard of certain members powers of debate I'd rather they did not engage me in same as I will not respond.

Care to explain why you have gone back on your agreement and undertaking, and what you said on BBC News at the time?

The moderators of this board can most certainly verify that I am not Tony Bennett from my location.

Please don't take this as a compliment but I can't see any resemblance between your posts and those of Tony Bennett. You are not as verbally effusive as he is.  And while you have a tendency to take umbrage at minor irritations, you don't deal with them in the same patronising and dismissive way he does.

No, you are definitely not Bennett. Not even in his league.

Offline Puffin

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Well, I feel sorry for him.  I would have died a thousand deaths if I had been humiliated in such a fashion.

As for what I think of him, or his motives, I am still trying to figure that out.  But it all sounds frightfully sad to me.  What a waste of what could have been a force for goodness and kindness.
  If only he had used what seem to be good talents in other ways then indeed he could have been a force for good.    There are many causes he could have embraced.   But we all have a bad side and this is an example of what happens when you let that come to the fore.  Instead of being lauded for his ideals he is hated by quite a few people, and not just on the internet.
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »

Who mentioned Tony Bennett?

Be interesting ... are you going to say you will allow them to post your IP, I will then match it on my Blog as I am well aware of your IP, as your proxy one is not hiding you very well

As I said, I shall await your apology !

Offline gilet

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »

Yes, Bennett is a very sad individual who has wasted years of his life (and his family's life) in obsessive campaigns all of which have ultimately failed and in this case very conspicuously failed. Not only has he embarrassed himself but also his family with his actions.

He hasn't demonstrated anything akin to goodness or kindness nor even the most basic empathy with any of the victims of his campaigns.

Offline DevilsAdvocate

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »

Please don't take this as a compliment but I can't see any resemblance between your posts and those of Tony Bennett. You are not as verbally effusive as he is.  And while you have a tendency to take umbrage at minor irritations, you don't deal with them in the same patronising and dismissive way he does.

I am not here looking for compliments, I am here to read reasoned debate, unfortunately there are only a very small number of contributors capable of same.

debunker

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »

I am not here looking for compliments, I am here to read reasoned debate, unfortunately there are only a very small number of contributors capable of same.

And on the evidence of your posts so far, your presence is not going to increase their number.

Offline muratfan

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »
Wonder why someone is asking members of a fora, on what to post, then posts exactly the same on here

Offline muratfan

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
Strange that Mr Advacado is online , and has been for several hours, but is missing his own threads..

On-line, the same time as someone else on another fora (albeit hidden log in), for the same amount of time

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »
Strange that Mr Advacado is online , and has been for several hours, but is missing his own threads..

On-line, the same time as someone else on another fora (albeit hidden log in), for the same amount of time

Somebody being impersonating me???   8()(((@#

Offline muratfan

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »
DA...stick to being  Sherlock...Although a very bad one

Offline John

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
For information, there are two members registered with names devils advocate and DevilsAdvocate.

The former is one of our founder members, the latter a new member.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
For information, there are two members registered with names devils advocate and DevilsAdvocate.

The cheek!!!   8()(((@#

Offline Puffin

« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »

The cheek!!!   8()(((@#
  Welcome to the cloning/trolling center of the internet !!!!   @)(++(* 8((()*/
Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.
Ralph Waldo Emerson