Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.  (Read 87248 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »
Almost everybody in the country will be completely unaware of any of that gossip, Carana.

And sensible people know every case of a disappearance is obviously not the same.

My issue is not with "gossip". It's with a fatalistic attitude that a missing young child is probably dead and not worth public vigilance.

It may turn out to be the case, but it seems far too early, IMO, to encourage the public to switch off as a "déjà vu" scenario.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
How long does the boy have to be missing before they send in the pope?

Are the family Catholic?

Offline Carana

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
Only 10% of UK population live in Scotland and only10% of that lives in Edinburgh, so most people will only have a passing interest.

Possibly. That wouldn't exclude family members or friends, work colleagues, etc., who may have been aware of a family feud, for example, reporting concerns to the police. Or who may have been contacted to state that there wasn't one to the best of their knowledge, whether the extended family members lived nearby or at the opposite end of the world.

Redblossom

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2014, 02:05:39 PM »
Good to see the forensic officers searching the scene are properly suited and conducting themselves professionally:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-01-16/forensic-officers-at-the-home-of-missing-mikaeel-kular/

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Lyall

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
My issue is not with "gossip". It's with a fatalistic attitude that a missing young child is probably dead and not worth public vigilance.

It may turn out to be the case, but it seems far too early, IMO, to encourage the public to switch off as a "déjà vu" scenario.

You have a point there. But that's certainly not going to be a factor after just a few hours is it?

Redblossom

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2014, 02:07:44 PM »
You have a point there. But that's certainly not going to be a factor after just a few hours is it?

Of course it isnt and for carana to suggest that people on the internet saying stuff will stop the search or come forward with info is ridiculous, not that ive seen anything in that regard either
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:09:17 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »
Nope. Where did I say that I wasn't concerned? In what way?
In a geographically way, as you perfectly know  ?{)(**
Have you done 1. after being alerted this morning by the breaking news ?
CARANA I don't live anywhere near this child. It is therefore somewhat unlikely that I might have spotted him, or have any other information that could be useful.
What do you call "not near" ? Abroad ?
CARANA Within a physical proximity to where he disappeared or a social sphere in which I might have been aware of any family issues which may - or may not - have been of any significance.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
Are the family Catholic?

Should that matter? 

Surely his prayers would help regardless of the family's religious beliefs.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
Of course it isnt and for carana to suggest that people on the internet saying stuff will stop the search is ridiculous, not that ive seen anything in that regard either

I though only a handful of us nutters read these sites anyway, so hardly much of an influence.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »
I though only a handful of us nutters read these sites anyway, so hardly much of an influence.

Exactly, sad argument for events on the ground right now..this aint the amaral trial and its accusations of people being put off ! Alledgedly, searching !

AnneGuedes

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
I thought only a handful of us nutters read these sites anyway, so hardly much of an influence.
So did I. I didn't even suppose Carana used to visit that kind of site.

Redblossom

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »
So did I. I didn't even suppose Carana used to visit that kind of site.

Whch kind of site?

@)(++(*

the poor boys been mising for less an a day I doubt there is any site to influence people before they decide to help or not...caranas argument is totally vacuous and void in this case

AnneGuedes

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »
Whch kind of site?

Sites of hatred, of course.

Lyall

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
I think the sad case in Wales showed that people do not stop searching in any case.

But there is a good point: the media doesn't give anywhere near the same coverage to cases that have good outcomes as it does to those that don't. So people are perhaps conditioned to think fatalistically.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:23:07 PM by Lyall »

Redblossom

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2014, 02:23:50 PM »
Sites of hatred, of course.

Oh, OK, I misread...yes the dedicated hatred sites ..but none in this case, let alone anything near it which is why I found caranas comments ridiculous! Suggesting people might be influenced by the internet and not go help...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:25:24 PM by Redblossom »