Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.  (Read 87247 times)

Cariad

Re: Mikaeel Kular > Three-year-old boy missing from a house in Edinburgh.
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:37 AM »
The big question is have they spoken to the father.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25772465

"Supt McAinsh confirmed that police had spoken to Mikaeel's father and his family were being very helpful."

The best case scenario is that the father or another family member has him.

Someone cared enough to dress him.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2014, 09:14:03 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25772465

"Supt McAinsh confirmed that police had spoken to Mikaeel's father and his family were being very helpful."

The best case scenario is that the father or another family member has him.

Someone cared enough to dress him.

But none of the newspapers seem to care enough to stick a large picture of him on the front page
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »
If he was taken by his family he would be in a car south to England immediately.  An hour and you would be over the border, no checkpoints or sod all.  If this is what happened he will be sheltered by the Asian communities and might never surface again in the UK.

Just what I was thinking last night, if it was his father.  It would have been well planned.  So I expect that has occurred to The Police.

But I doubt that The Police are telling The Media everything.

Redblossom

« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2014, 09:37:57 AM »
But none of the newspapers seem to care enough to stick a large picture of him on the front page

http://news.sky.com/

See Fridays  front pages, the Telegraph is the only paper to give the story its main front page, a couple of others had a smaller inset but in the main youre right

Offline Victoria

« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2014, 09:40:08 AM »
Over 24 hours later now with no sign, so it's really not looking good. Plenty of CCTV around and I would hope that will give them something to work with. Fingers crossed. The police response has been huge, immediate, and entirely professional, and the public have been a great help too. Anything that can be done is being done which is something. I suppose if there is still no progress today we might see a public appeal from the family tomorrow.

Redblossom

« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
Over 24 hours later now with no sign, so it's really not looking good. Plenty of CCTV around and I would hope that will give them something to work with. Fingers crossed. The police response has been huge, immediate, and entirely professional, and the public have been a great help too. Anything that can be done is being done which is something. I suppose if there is still no progress today we might see a public appeal from the family tomorrow.

CCTV has been checked and nothing significant found...yet

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2014, 09:45:07 AM »
The police are being played, all the experts agree that he didn't go out on his own.  The search is a farce basically and that Supt is beginning to look very much out of her depth.  She has consistently and very publicly insisted there was no criminality yet she has no proof of the alternative.  Naivety personified .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:48:15 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »
http://news.sky.com/

See Fridays  front pages, the Telegraph is the only paper to give the story its main front page, a couple of others had a smaller inset but in the main youre right

It's quite simple isn't it,  the media cares more about girls than boys & whites more than asians.

Offline jassi

« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
 Not sure how well lit an area this was, which might affect the effectiveness of cameras, but hopefully they will be of use.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Victoria

« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »
The police are being played, all the experts agree that he didn't go out on his own.  The search is a farce basically and that Supt is beginning to look very much out of her depth.  She has consistently and very publicly insisted there was no criminality yet she has no proof of the alternative.  Naivety personified .

Played by who? What experts? Why is the search a farce?

Cariad

« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »

She said that there was no sign of criminality and they're keeping an open mind.

Seems like a sensible response to me.

Redblossom

« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »

The main front door apparently was extremely heavy and hard to open even for an adult ...looks like he didnt just wander out on his own

eta

Whch suggests there was some criminality involved

>@@(*&)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:03:31 AM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »
This happened in the UK. CCTVs are everywhere.. even on the council buildings like this one..

So why they don't look at the CCTVs?

Offline Victoria

« Reply #268 on: January 17, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »
This happened in the UK. CCTVs are everywhere.. even on the council buildings like this one..

So why they don't look at the CCTVs?

Is it a council building? The mother comes from a rather middle class background, I understand.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #269 on: January 17, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »

Time his mother made a public appeal imo.

If there is more to the story than waking & wandering then that could give the cops a clue.