Author Topic: Light entertainment for Easter 2019  (Read 10545 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Light entertainment for Easter 2019
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2019, 12:47:32 AM »
When children we had a very docile cocker spaniel called Daisy who had never gone further than our back gate unless on a lead. She was old and arthritic and was beginning to become incontinent so my parents decided it was best to send her to rainbow bridge. My mum phoned the vet and made the appointment then went about her business. When the time came to take her to vets Daisy was nowhere to be found and hasn’t been seen to this very day. My sister swears that she heard my mum making the appointment with the vet and had it on her toes.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2019, 01:02:28 AM »
When children we had a very docile cocker spaniel called Daisy who had never gone further than our back gate unless on a lead. She was old and arthritic and was beginning to become incontinent so my parents decided it was best to send her to rainbow bridge. My mum phoned the vet and made the appointment then went about her business. When the time came to take her to vets Daisy was nowhere to be found and hasn’t been seen to this very day. My sister swears that she heard my mum making the appointment with the vet and had it on her toes.

Charlotte hasn't peed in the house for two days, so I am beginning to wonder.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2019, 07:05:04 AM »
My father in law went on holiday and left his dog with my brother in law. The dog disappeared and my vrother in law was so upset. He combed the area but couldn't find it. He had to confess to his Dad when he returned. My father in law went home and found the dog by his back gate. He had travelled 10 miles along a route he had never travelled except by car.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2019, 09:47:27 AM »

I think I have just about had Dogs for a minute.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2019, 12:52:23 AM »
I think I have just about had Dogs for a minute.

Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. I genuinley go into mourning it is like a bearvement.

Hope you cope ok Eleanor. GET another one soon...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Online Eleanor

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »
Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. I genuinley go into mourning it is like a bearvement.

Thanks, Mistaken.  I already have a monstrous Dachshund puppy who is a complete pain in the butt, when he isn't being very sweet.

Tomorrow is The Day.  But you all have helped with your kindness.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:33:05 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline The General

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2019, 11:35:45 AM »

Thanks, Mistaken.  I already have a monstrous Dachshund puppy who is a complete pain in the butt, when he isn't being very sweet.

Tomorrow is The Day.  But you all have helped with your kindness.
Easy to say, but focus on the great comfort your dog has given you over the years, and the life you gave the dog.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:33:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
In Portugal, the term 'pet' translates as 'animals of estimation' or 'esteemed animals'.  The ones we look after, care for, and miss them when there gone.
What's up, old man?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2019, 11:55:22 AM »
Thank you also, General.

Charlotte has always been a bit difficult, which might be why I have tried so hard with her.  She is the only dog I have ever rescued, so perhaps "Pay Back" for all of the other trouble free dogs I have owned.

And this is the first dog that I have had to make a decision about.  The rest were all immediate decisions.

But it is time for her to go.

PugLove has been of enormous help to me over the years, but then she understands Pugs so much better than I ever did.

Offline The General

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »
In Portugal, the term 'pet' translates as 'animals of estimation' or 'esteemed animals'.  The ones we look after, care for, and miss them when there gone.
....who's cutting onions, ffs?.....
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »

Some more so than others, I have found, although they should all be treated well because they are dependant.

To say that I like dogs better than people would be silly.

The death of only one dog really desolated me.   I was totally distraught for weeks, months even. He wasn't the first or the last.  But it has raised it's head yet again, and that was nearly fifty years ago.  He was buried by my family who were all quite young at the time.  The rest all went to some landfill.

But Charlotte will be buried under the proverbial Oak Tree by my son, and I feel better about that.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2019, 12:29:16 PM »
Some more so than others, I have found, although they should all be treated well because they are dependant.

To say that I like dogs better than people would be silly.

The death of only one dog really desolated me.   I was totally distraught for weeks, months even. He wasn't the first or the last.  But it has raised it's head yet again, and that was nearly fifty years ago.  He was buried by my family who were all quite young at the time.  The rest all went to some landfill.

But Charlotte will be buried under the proverbial Oak Tree by my son, and I feel better about that.

That is a lovely resting place for Charlotte.

It's the norm nowadays to name a cat or a dog with a human name.
Yes, I'm guilty too.

No more Fido or Lassie or Tiddles etc.

Years ago I was proudly pushing a pram with our first grand daughter in it.
A nice old lady stopped to look in the pram and admire the baby.
She asked the baby's name and when I replied, she pointed to her little dog and said that's the same as my dog!!!

I wasn't impressed. Lol.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2019, 12:34:43 PM »
Thank you also, General.

Charlotte has always been a bit difficult, which might be why I have tried so hard with her.  She is the only dog I have ever rescued, so perhaps "Pay Back" for all of the other trouble free dogs I have owned.

And this is the first dog that I have had to make a decision about.  The rest were all immediate decisions.

PugLove has been of enormous help to me over the years, but then she understands Pugs so much better than I ever did.

Aw bless you both. x

Online Eleanor

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
That is a lovely resting place for Charlotte.

It's the norm nowadays to name a cat or a dog with a human name.
Yes, I'm guilty too.

No more Fido or Lassie or Tiddles etc.

Years ago I was proudly pushing a pram with our first grand daughter in it.
A nice old lady stopped to look in the pram and admire the baby.
She asked the baby's name and when I replied, she pointed to her little dog and said that's the same as my dog!!!

I wasn't impressed. Lol.

The name Charlotte has always been a mystery to me.  She is a Sidney if ever I saw one.  But I shall have to wait for the year of The "S" in France for the next one.

The rest of my dogs all had frightfully snobby classical names.  Hamlet, Romulus, Remus, Paris, Portia, Artemis, Genevieve.
I might try Laertes or Polonius if I get the chance. My days with dogs are not done yet.  There will always be another one.

Ooh, Shylock perhaps.  I played Shylock in a school play once.  Always the best part in that misbegotten play.

O'Connor the Dachshund?  He came with that name.  I was going to call him Oslo or Omega, but I wasn't unhappy with O'Connor, so I decided to keep it.  A jolly good name for a German Sausage Dog who is owned by a misplaced Irish Dog Ijiot.

A demain.

Offline Lace

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2019, 05:09:22 PM »
Thank you also, General.

Sad when you have to make a decision like you have,   Charlotte has  no doubt had a very good life with you and now her end will be peaceful with you there.  Sending hugs to you and Charlottle.