Author Topic: As we approach 2023, have we learned anything new?  (Read 15287 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: As we approach 2023, have we learned anything new?
« Reply #420 on: March 02, 2023, 11:42:28 AM »

Are we actually having a debate here?  You could have fooled me.

It's just a bunch of nasty hide bound people trying to do the impossible while the rest of us who are better informed remind them of their ignorance.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #421 on: March 02, 2023, 11:53:14 AM »
Ah yes, when Redwood cleared the Tanner sighting out of the way and focused attention on the Smith sighting, where the child was actually seen and matched the missing child's description.

🤣 That is your opinion and you are welcome to it.  But in the interest of "debate" allow me to point out a couple of thoughts arising from your previous critique.
Also worth noting - please don't criticise others who in your opinion lack debating skills, unless there is firm evidence the pot isn't decrying the colour of the kettle.
  • Your post above by not following through on the point I made is designed to discourage 'debate' and to deflect.
    Just a reminder the post to which you are allegedly answering points out issues you seem to have blanked over the years.  Such as information coming to the fore in 2013 which subsequently became a big issue.
  • On a 'debating' forum - your post above doesn't even pretend to be On Topic
There is relevance to the thread title in what I posted.  Relevant then - relevant now - and relevant in 2013 when the diligence was carried out despite its availability in 2007.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #422 on: March 02, 2023, 12:03:58 PM »
Are we actually having a debate here?  You could have fooled me.

It's just a bunch of nasty hide bound people trying to do the impossible while the rest of us who are better informed remind them of their ignorance.

None so blind ... Horse to water etc etc

I don't understand at all why the events over the past sixteen years haven't at least given pause for thought to even the most hide bound "truth seekers" whose main aim in life seems to be making sure the actual truth isn't allowed to raise its head above the parapet.

I go with your analogy about the village pump.  It is a mentality.  But it wasn't their fault entirely back in the day when information sources were very limited.  There is no excuse for it in this internet age which paradoxically might even have made the situation worse.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #423 on: March 02, 2023, 12:12:51 PM »
I have learned that nothing printed or said by the media can be relied on.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #424 on: March 02, 2023, 12:57:13 PM »
None so blind ... Horse to water etc etc

I don't understand at all why the events over the past sixteen years haven't at least given pause for thought to even the most hide bound "truth seekers" whose main aim in life seems to be making sure the actual truth isn't allowed to raise its head above the parapet.

I go with your analogy about the village pump.  It is a mentality.  But it wasn't their fault entirely back in the day when information sources were very limited.  There is no excuse for it in this internet age which paradoxically might even have made the situation worse.

The Internet has largely replaced the village pump or pub for many. Although in theory many people can have access to other opinions / sources of factual information, there is still a tendency towards the echo chamber of those attracted to a certain narrative, and quite possibly the comforting effect of finding a like-minded community (way beyond the subject of discussion).

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #425 on: March 02, 2023, 01:09:27 PM »
I have also learned that the animosity from some towards others is excessive and, imo, slightly unhinged. I can't imagine getting so excited about the opnions of people I don't know.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #426 on: March 02, 2023, 01:47:48 PM »
I have also learned that the animosity from some towards others is excessive and, imo, slightly unhinged. I can't imagine getting so excited about the opnions of people I don't know.

Coming from the other side of the debate I cannot understand the mentality which drives some to stopping dead at a particular spot in time and using malicious or poorly understood information from then as ammunition to destroy a family of named individuals.

Using every fibre of their being every day and someone somewhere every second of every day to vent spleen on that innocent family for sixteen years while denigrating absolutely every endeavour any positive action to solve Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

My belief is that there is no justification for such indefensible behaviour particularly when it counters the magnificent work and effort investigators have put in to rectify a case which suffered initially from incompetence and neglect.

2007 is long past and gone.  The future is still being forged here and now in 2023.  Some cannot deal with that and I don't castigate them wholly for that but I really do sympathise with those unable to deal with the past and make no attempt see the future based on current events events.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2023, 01:47:56 PM »
One person who should have had his movements at the forefront of his mind was Gerry MCann. If, as he maintained, his daughter was abducted it was vital that the information he gave to the police was correct.
Of the information you believe he subsequently changed, which aspects do you feel would have had an impact on the search for his daughter by the police?  What advantage do you think he gained by giving incorrect information initially which he then (under no duress to do so) subsequently corrected a few days later? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2023, 01:49:15 PM »
Thank you for your opinions, which, of course add nothing to the debate. Do you have an excuse to offer for Gerry McCann's changed stories?
Specifically which changed stories cause you the most suspicion and why? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2023, 01:52:06 PM »
I have learned that nothing printed or said by the media can be relied on.
Nothing?  EVER?  There was a train crash in Greece yesterday - do you accept the media reports are reasonably accurate or do you think they made the whole thing up? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #430 on: March 02, 2023, 01:53:46 PM »
Likewise I have learned that there are some people who view the McCanns so-called crimes as so utterly shocking, depraved and unforgiveable that they have been literally harping on about them day in day out for nearly 17 years.  Talk about unhinged!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2023, 03:51:43 PM »
That's your opinion, which I don't share.

Correction..3 points...one is opinion..othe two factual. There is absolutely no way to know how accurate the witness statements were...that's fact not opinion