Author Topic: Have we learned anything new after almost 16 years?  (Read 29235 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Have we learned anything new after almost 16 years?
« Reply #645 on: July 10, 2023, 10:12:52 AM »
Well at least we appear to have established that Martin Smith's statement is not evidence of Gerry McCann's involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, let's hope we never have to discuss it again as clearly it is of no significance whatsoever...  8(>((
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #646 on: July 10, 2023, 10:23:16 AM »
Well at least we appear to have established that Martin Smith's statement is not evidence of Gerry McCann's involvement in Madeleine's disappearance, let's hope we never have to discuss it again as clearly it is of no significance whatsoever...  8(>((

Give it five.  It will be back.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #647 on: July 10, 2023, 10:46:32 AM »
Why do some people find it so hard to understand the difference between what is admissible and what isn't?

Most of the supposed evidence which is argued on this Board is inadmissible.  This means that it isn't relevant or is too easy to refute.

You're the arbiter of admissibility now are You?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #648 on: July 10, 2023, 10:49:13 AM »

Well. You might think so, but I disagree. Smith is a witness. The McCanns are witnesses. I don't see why the McCanns should be able to give evidence but Smith cannot.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #649 on: July 10, 2023, 10:54:42 AM »
Give it five.  It will be back.
It means that sceptics' suspicions are not based on any evidence per se, just on...what?  The fact that they don't like the look of the McCanns??  The fact that Gerry said back door when he meant front door or that he was sat next to someone on holiday who made a rude gesture?  And these suspicions are somehow more compelling than everything we know about the official suspect CB?  It's truly laughable.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #650 on: July 10, 2023, 10:56:24 AM »
It means that sceptics' suspicions are not based on any evidence per se, just on...what?  The fact that they don't like the look of the McCanns??  The fact that Gerry said back door when he meant front door or that he was sat next to someone on holiday who made a rude gesture?  And these suspicions are somehow more compelling than everything we know about the official suspect CB?  It's truly laughable.

What evidence against Brueckner do you find compelling?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #651 on: July 10, 2023, 11:07:23 AM »

That's the question for the day. I've made it quite clear what evidence convinces me the McCanns did it. Now let's balance things & make a list of all the compelling evidence that Madeleine was taken in a criminal act by Christian Brueckner.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #652 on: July 10, 2023, 11:47:26 AM »
A judge would have to decide what could or couldn't be entered into evidence. But the statute of limitations has expired anyway. The McCanns will never be charged with anything. But if I were Brueckner's attorney, I'd be calling Smith as a witness in his defence. But then it's not looking much like Brueckner will ever be charged either.

It really would have been better if the parents had been tried in a court of law. At least if found not guilty they would not have this shroud of guilt hanging over them to this day.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #653 on: July 10, 2023, 12:19:45 PM »
It really would have been better if the parents had been tried in a court of law. At least if found not guilty they would not have this shroud of guilt hanging over them to this day.

Insufficient evidence. It couldn't be established which crime , if any, had been committed. When Smith had his epiphany the McCanns were back home, & they weren't in any hurry to return to Portugal & have another chat with the police. Oh well. Things have moved on since then. The three expert investigative forces have found evidence which exonerates the McCanns & heavily implicates Christian Brueckner.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #654 on: July 10, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »
LOL @"Shroud Of Guilt"  - that is merely a figment of your imagination.  And double LOL at your rationale that the dwindling number of people who are still convinced they are guilty (ie, you, G-Unit and the troll) would think any different if they HAD been found not guilty.  Be honest now, fgs.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #655 on: July 10, 2023, 01:13:24 PM »

Did any Legal Charges ever come of this?  No?  Why ever not?

There isnt enough evidence .......not no evidence.

Never say never.... [althought you didnt say never in your post]

Offline kizzy

« Reply #656 on: July 10, 2023, 01:16:20 PM »
Let’s try it another way.  In the highly unlikely event that Gerry McCann ends up in the dock accused of hiding his daughter’s body would the Smith statement be heard as evidence in court, and if so would it be for the prosecution or the defence?  I wonder if anyone can answer this question?

Wonder why Jim Gamble suspected gmcc at first.............why he would come to that conclusion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #657 on: July 10, 2023, 01:18:33 PM »
Wonder why Jim Gamble suspected gmcc at first.............why he would come to that conclusion.
why don't you ask him?  I believe he is quite approachable.  Actually no need, he already gave his reason:

His initial suspicion was based on his experience as a cop, as “statistically it's likely to be the parents or somebody who's in close proximity with the child”.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 01:22:44 PM by Venturi Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #658 on: July 10, 2023, 07:29:40 PM »
Insufficient evidence. It couldn't be established which crime , if any, had been committed. When Smith had his epiphany the McCanns were back home, & they weren't in any hurry to return to Portugal & have another chat with the police. Oh well. Things have moved on since then. The three expert investigative forces have found evidence which exonerates the McCanns & heavily implicates Christian Brueckner.

Righty-ho.

I’ll await further developments with baited breath.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #659 on: August 16, 2023, 07:22:53 PM »
You're the arbiter of admissibility now are You?

well someone has to be...

So we all agree CB did it? that would be irrefutable evidence  yes? no?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin