Author Topic: Maddie suspect to go on trial next year on rape charges.  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Maddie suspect to go on trial next year on rape charges.
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2023, 02:06:57 PM »
i was thinking more along the lines of forensic reliability. Chain of custody, lab mix up, that sort of thing

So what could have happened to the pubic hair to make it irrelevant?

Offline jassi

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2023, 02:28:31 PM »
So what could have happened to the pubic hair to make it irrelevant?

Who knows ? It would be for FF to come up with reasons, not me.

Knowing little about the case, other than what has been online, which has never gone into trial details, I don't know what the defence case amounted to.
I have never seen a trial transcript
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 02:32:23 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2023, 03:09:22 PM »
Who knows ? It would be for FF to come up with reasons, not me.

Knowing little about the case, other than what has been online, which has never gone into trial details, I don't know what the defence case amounted to.
I have never seen a trial transcript

But he must have been outside her house to see the cat.  And he appears to have known it was her cat.

Offline jassi

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2023, 04:35:38 PM »
But he must have been outside her house to see the cat.  And he appears to have known it was her cat.

I dob't know what was said in court as I haven't seen a transcript.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2023, 06:06:23 PM »
It was reported in the German press but presumably you refuse to accept anything unless you see it with your very own eyes.  How can you even be sure CB is in prison convicted of rape in that case? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2023, 06:09:26 PM »

Brueckner was convicted so someone must have said something.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2023, 07:33:13 PM »
Ah, Yes.  The cat brought it in.  What was the cat doing crawling around his genitals?

Pity it didn't have its claws out at the time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2023, 07:45:24 PM »
i was thinking more along the lines of forensic reliability. Chain of custody, lab mix up, that sort of thing

My understanding is that the challenge is not to the reliability of the forensics but to the reliability of a witness.

He has appealed already, again on a technicality and been knocked back. Can't say he's not a trier.

Snip
Brueckner was extradited to Germany from Italy in 2018 under an arrest warrant that cited a drugs conviction but was subsequently convicted and sentenced for the 2005 rape of a 72-year-old American woman in Portugal.

His lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, challenged the validity of the arrest warrant as it did not cite the 2005 rape charge. and argued it was a breach of international law to put him on trial for the rape.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-italy-madeleine-mccann-christian-brueckner-rape-appeal-a9657006.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2023, 04:13:55 PM »

Just as a matter of interest, Brueckner hit 47 years of age a couple of days ago.  This could be interesting in the future should he receive any sentences for anything.  And will give us some idea of how old he will be if he is ever let loose.  Should he be found Guilty of anything of course.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2023, 10:05:32 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, Brueckner hit 47 years of age a couple of days ago.  This could be interesting in the future should he receive any sentences for anything.  And will give us some idea of how old he will be if he is ever let loose.  Should he be found Guilty of anything of course.

Thanks for letting us know. Sorry I missed it. I hope he had a very happy birthday.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Myster

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline jassi

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2023, 09:39:48 AM »
If 6 are ex girlfriends, I wonder who the other 40 might be ?
How many might be actual witnesses of crimes and how many will be there to reinforce his bad reputation ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2023, 09:51:12 AM »
If 6 are ex girlfriends, I wonder who the other 40 might be ?
How many might be actual witnesses of crimes and how many will be there to reinforce his bad reputation ?

Does his bad reputation need reinforcing.  He is already a convicted sexual abuser

Offline jassi

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2023, 09:53:42 AM »
Does his bad reputation need reinforcing. He is already a convicted sexual abuser

It can never be laid on too thick, particularly if 1 or 2 of the cases might be a bit short on actual evidence.

Or maybe not -

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2023, 10:05:32 AM »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.