Author Topic: The DNA results used to implicate the McCanns revisited.  (Read 35056 times)

Offline Admin

The DNA results used to implicate the McCanns revisited.
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
It is clear from the evidence available to us that the preliminary DNA results obtained from samples taken from apartment 5a and the Renault Scenic hire car were the principal reason why the McCanns were designated as 'arguidos' or official suspects.  It is also very clear that this status was lifted following receipt of the final results which showed that the tests were in fact 'inconclusive'.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:03:09 PM by Admin »

Rachel Granada

Re: The DNA results used to implicate the McCanns revisited.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 06:33:59 PM »
This statements supports those who believe that the 48 questions and the reconstruction were being used to incriminate the McCanns rather than help find maddie.

Sensible post, dave.  Some of those PJ questions were disgusting, the ones where they were clearly lying about the so-called "forensics".

Offline Luz

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
Sensible post, dave.  Some of those PJ questions were disgusting, the ones where they were clearly lying about the so-called "forensics".

Really?!!!

You better ask "call me Stu". He knew that the first report from FSS was that Madeleine's DNA was in the car and in the apartment.

But even with the attempt to devaluate it, there are plenty of geneticists that say that the probability to obtain 15 out of 19 alleles, even from a mixed sample, is too low for strangers. If it was in the US, in certain States,  most probably the McCann would be in the death row.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:54:09 PM by Luz »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
Really?!!!

You better ask "call me Stu". He knew that the first report from FSS was that Madeleine's DNA were in the car and in the apartment.

what a load of rubbish . Do you have a copy of that first report or are you just repeating more myths(lies)

Rachel Granada

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
Really?!!!

You better ask "call me Stu". He knew that the first report from FSS was that Madeleine's DNA was in the car and in the apartment.

But even with the attempt to devaluate it, there are plenty of geneticists that say that the probability to obtain 15 out of 19 alleles, even from a mixed sample, is too low for strangers. If it was in the US, in certain States,  most probably the McCann would be in the death row.

GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!

The 15/19 business AGAIN!

GGAAARRRGGH!!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:50 PM »
Really?!!!

This is also rubbish. Do you have a quote from a geneticist... I think the answer is no again.

Offline Luz

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »
This is also rubbish. Do you have a quote from a geneticist... I think the answer is no again.

Yes, I am using the words of a Suiss geneticist, but I would have to review my documents to find that reference.
Unlike you I don't use RUBISH.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 07:05:55 PM »
Yes, I am using the words of a Suiss geneticist, but I would have to review my documents to find that reference.

I think your Swiss geneticist has something in common with the Swiss football referee Urs Meier....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 07:06:02 PM »

its rubbish...for lots of reasons

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »

just read this quote...

The inventor of DNA fingerprinting has offered to act as an expert witness in the Madeleine McCann case.
Sir Alec Jeffreys said DNA matches alone did not establish guilt and all Madeleine's genetic characters would be found in at least one family member.

Offline Carana

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
Really?!!!

Luz, I thought you knew the files well. The car sample had 15 alleles in her profile out of a soup containing 37 alleles donated by between 3 and 5 people.

All of her alleles would be in her parents' profiles, and she'd share quite a number with all her other relatives who'd been in that car.

The profiles of even three total strangers could share the same amount of alleles.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
It must be stated that the preliminary forensic results provided to the PJ by the FSS in the UK was a crucial factor in the McCanns being designated arguidos.  I would go further and say this was the determining factor but later found to be inconclusive resulting in the status being revoked.

Mr Amaral thought the forensics which followed the dog alerts in the hire car was the golden bullet.  It turned out to be a damp squid and led to his own ousting as coordinator and ultimate downfall!   @)(++(*
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:42:04 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline south of the river

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »
It must be stated that the preliminary forensic results provided to the PJ by the FSS in the UK was a crucial factor in the McCanns being designated arguidos.  I would go further and say this was the determining factor but later found to be inconclusive resulting in the status being revoked.

Mr Amaral thought the forensics which followed the dog alerts in the hire car was the golden bullet.  It turned out to be a damp squid and led to his own ousting as coordinator and ultimate downfall!   @)(++(*

Exactly when the final detailed reports came back from the FSS found that there was no blood splatter in the apartment , no DNA of Madeleine in the car , no DNA evidence atoll that indicated anything conclusive of either death, injury etc  it left Amaral in a bit of a hole . He seemed to have  made the classic error of putting all his eggs in the one basket and hadn't really looked at any other theory - let alone detailed investigation of other potential suspects who had potential means - hence the 38 people of interest

AnneGuedes

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »

no DNA evidence atoll that indicated anything conclusive of either death, injury etc 
You can be injured without bleeding, you can die without bleeding. The tests on the tiny drops of blood weren't conclusive. But the cadaver dog very likely smelt death, anonymous death.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
You can be injured without bleeding, you can die without bleeding. The tests on the tiny drops of blood weren't conclusive. But the cadaver dog very likely smelt death, anonymous death.

In which case where is the forensic evidence of a corpse?