Author Topic: Was Mark Rowley wrong to claim that Madeleine McCann was abducted?  (Read 42772 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Was Mark Rowley wrong to claim that Madeleine McCann was abducted?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 04:14:18 PM »
So would you agree then that SY never went back to the very beginning their beginning started at the archival.
I never mention SY in my post...it is my belief taht SY have considered all the evidence...have interviwed the mccanns...and come to the conclusion that maddie was abducted

Offline barrier

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »
I never mention SY in my post...it is my belief taht SY have considered all the evidence...have interviwed the mccanns...and come to the conclusion that maddie was abducted

Rowley clearly tells us they have no definitive evidence.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
Rowley clearly tells us they have no definitive evidence.

where does he use the word definitive...he doesnt say that yet you are posting it as fact.....it isnt a fact...respect forum rules

stephen25000

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
The scenarios are all possibilities.

None proven.

That applies to everyone.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 04:53:22 PM »
Trouble is Rowley tied himself up in so many knots imo he forgot what he had said,this is from earlier in the broadcast,question to and answer from Rowley.

Q: You’ve described it as a ‘unique’ case. Why is it unique?

MR: I think it’s unique in two or three respects. First of all the way its captured attention in different countries is quite unusual. You’ll get a very high-profile case in a particular country, the way it has captured interest across countries, I think is significant.

The length of it.

And it’s unusual to have a case like this where you’re doing a missing persons investigation, where ten years on, we still don’t have definitive evidence about exactly what’s happened.
And that’s why we’re open minded, even if we have to be pessimistic about the prospects, we are open minded because we don’t have definitive evidence about what happened to Madeleine.
End quote

So if there is no definitive evidence how can he claim there was an abduction?

Scotland Yard began a review of Madeleine McCann's case in 2011 at the behest of the then Home Secretary.

After two years of reviewing all the available information and evidence from 2007 at a cost of nearly five million pounds the recommendation was made in 2013 that sufficient evidence had been uncovered to justify reopening Madeleine McCann's case as a full blown criminal inquiry.

A two year investigation resulted in one hundred and ninety five new leads into what might have happened to Madeleine as well as revealing twenty persons of interest who might have had information about her case.
Having uncovered this plethora of new information over that two year period it surely stands to reason that many other avenues were followed, eliminated and discarded ~ among which were the allegations concerning her parents and their holiday companions.

The review apparently did not theorise ... the review followed evidence.  That evidence eliminated a great deal of material and suggested further avenues for investigation and twenty people the police needed to speak to.

I suggest that Senior Police Officers such as Scotland Yard's Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, will be conversant with all of that ... and if Mr Rowley and his team are of the opinion Madeleine was abducted and is prepared to state so on record, that is good enough for me.

It is worth bearing in mind that the Met's Portuguese 'partners in crime' the PJ, had their eye on and investigated Madeleine's abduction by stranger ... and they arrived at that after their own independent review which led to their own reopening of the case.

So however one cares to refer to Madeleine's disappearance ... it appears the unbiased professionals actually doing the investigation have no doubt there is a presumptive stranger abduction well in the mix. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »
where does he use the word definitive...he doesnt say that yet you are posting it as fact.....it isnt a fact...respect forum rules

Post no3 on this very thread,and I'll take the advice of mods on what is appropriate to post thank you.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

stephen25000

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
The fate of Madeleine is is unknown.

That seems pretty clear cut.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »
The scenarios are all possibilities.

None proven.

That applies to everyone.

#doesnt change the fact that rowley has stated that Maddie was abducted...and as you conceded yesterday all scenarios are not equal
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:19:40 PM by Slartibartfast »

stephen25000

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 05:14:58 PM »
#doesnt change the fact that rowley has stated that Maddie was abducted...and as you conceded yesterday all scenarios are not equal

Rowley was expressing an opinion.

Madeleine's fate is undetermined.

Just read Admin's comments earlier.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:19:58 PM by Slartibartfast »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »

Rowley has stated that in his view maddie was abducted.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:22:08 AM by Slartibartfast »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 05:18:44 PM »

Did Rowley say in my opinion Madeleine was abducted?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

stephen25000

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
Rowley has stated that in his view maddie was abducted...that is a fact

Rowley can state what he wishes.

It is his opinion.

It does not make abduction a fact.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:34:41 AM by John »

Offline Erngath

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »
Rowley can state what he wishes.

It is his opinion.

It does not make abduction a fact.

Makes it more a fact than opinion. The fact that he has  more of the facts  than anyone on here means he knows more of the facts and therefore he can say Madeleine was abducted..............in my opinion
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 05:26:25 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »
what is hypocritical of some posters is that amaral has been saying as a fact for almost 10 yeras that maddie died in the apartment....he has said the children were sedated every night with calpol, of that there is no doubt...and those statemnts have been allowed to be expressed by him.
yet when rowley says Maddie was abducted...all hell breaks loose
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:36:23 AM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

In my opinion, Scotland Yard's Assistant Commissioner, Mark Rowley, has based his public statement on the work carried out by the PJ and the Portuguese prosecutors, various private investigators employed by Madeleine's Fund and on the two year review carried out by SY and the work which has been carried out since.
That makes ten years of information.

Pejorative leaks emanating from police sources were hitting the Portuguese press in the days after Madeleine's disappearance and are still being promoted by the former case coordinator.

I'll go with the unbiased current thinking using the latest information to hand in preference to rumour and misrepresentation of the past.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....