Author Topic: Minnesota police officer accidentally shoots black driver who attempted to flee stopcheck.  (Read 14907 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Are you suggesting that the cop was so short-sighted and that he couldn't see what was being recorded on his camera, ie: a young boy putting his empty hands in the air?

I'm saying he had less than 1 second as the subject turned towards him, to make a decision, & age is totally irrelevant, the angelic young boy had just been firing a deadly weapon in public.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Civil rights activist critical of police undergoes use of force training.

2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi3Ndh3n-g

Offline Wonderfulspam

KCPD takes reporter on a lethal force simulation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNA6hakUwmY

Offline Venturi Swirl

I'm saying he had less than 1 second as the subject turned towards him, to make a decision, & age is totally irrelevant, the angelic young boy had just been firing a deadly weapon in public.
The only thing that is relevant is that the police officer clearly shot dead someone in the process of surrendering.  That is 100% irrefutable.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

The only thing that is relevant is that the police officer clearly shot dead someone in the process of surrendering.  That is 100% irrefutable.

When viewed in hindsight.

Try taking hindsight to court vs objectivity & reason.

"The law requires that the reasonableness of an officer’s use of force on an arrestee be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with added perspective of hindsight.  The law set forth by the Supreme Court requires that allowances must be made for the fact that law enforcement officers are often forced to make split-second judgments in circumstances that are tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving." 

Offline Venturi Swirl

When viewed in hindsight.

Try taking hindsight to court vs objectivity & reason.

"The law requires that the reasonableness of an officer’s use of force on an arrestee be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with added perspective of hindsight.  The law set forth by the Supreme Court requires that allowances must be made for the fact that law enforcement officers are often forced to make split-second judgments in circumstances that are tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving."
Let's leave the jury to decide whether or not the cop acted reasonably shall we, as clearly we shall not agree  on this.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

Let's leave the jury to decide whether or not the cop acted reasonably shall we, as clearly we shall not agree  on this.

As I understand it he hasn't even been charged with anything (yet).

What would you charge him with?

Offline Venturi Swirl

As I understand it he hasn't even been charged with anything (yet).

What would you charge him with?
I'm not an expert in US Law but I don't think police officers are allowed to kill individuals who are surrendering to them and who pose no threat to their lives.  Perhaps you know better?

Offline Wonderfulspam

I'm not an expert in US Law but I don't think police officers are allowed to kill individuals who are surrendering to them and who pose no threat to their lives.  Perhaps you know better?

Again, that's a judgement made in hindsight.

The officer was on high alert & had 1 second (8/10ths of a second according to CNN) to establish if the subject was no longer armed & if the subject was in fact surrendering as they turned toward him.

Murder in the 1st degree wouldn't stick imo, he could quite possibly claim self defence. Plus he rendered aid after firing the shot, so proving intent to kill would be difficult imo.

Murder 2, I'm not sure about. "These charges stem from instances where someone knowingly and purposefully killed someone but did so with factors that impacted their state of mind at the time of the murder."

Manslaughter "Manslaughter includes actions that result in the death of another person through reckless behavior or extreme negligence on the offender’s behalf."

I don't think the officers actions can be described as reckless or extremely negligent, when viewed in the moment as oppose to after the event

https://www.mencinilaw.com/itasca-immigration-criminal-defense-lawyer/what-are-the-different-levels-of-homicide-charges-in-illinois

Offline Venturi Swirl

Again, that's a judgement made in hindsight.

The officer was on high alert & had 1 second (8/10ths of a second according to CNN) to establish if the subject was no longer armed & if the subject was in fact surrendering as they turned toward him.

Murder in the 1st degree wouldn't stick imo, he could quite possibly claim self defence. Plus he rendered aid after firing the shot, so proving intent to kill would be difficult imo.

Murder 2, I'm not sure about. "These charges stem from instances where someone knowingly and purposefully killed someone but did so with factors that impacted their state of mind at the time of the murder."

Manslaughter "Manslaughter includes actions that result in the death of another person through reckless behavior or extreme negligence on the offender’s behalf."

I don't think the officers actions can be described as reckless or extremely negligent, when viewed in the moment as oppose to after the event

https://www.mencinilaw.com/itasca-immigration-criminal-defense-lawyer/what-are-the-different-levels-of-homicide-charges-in-illinois
As I said it's for the court to decide but I would be surprised if the officer evades any charges at all.  Having seen the video it seems a no brainer to me (unless he's another US cop whose brain takes more than 8/10ths of a second to register the lack of a gun in someone's hand).

Offline Wonderfulspam

As I said it's for the court to decide but I would be surprised if the officer evades any charges at all.  Having seen the video it seems a no brainer to me (unless he's another US cop whose brain takes more than 8/10ths of a second to register the lack of a gun in someone's hand).

Yes, because you have years of experience in chasing & apprehending armed suspects.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Yes, because you have years of experience in chasing & apprehending armed suspects.
Once the boy started running he was basically a dead boy running wasn’t he?  There was nothing he could have done from the second he decided to run  to stop being executed by the police.  The cop should have saved himself 19 seconds or exertion and shot him in the back, and then been awarded a medal and commendation.  At least that is what should have happened in The World According To Spam.  Police entiled to kill anyone they see fit to kill, no questions asked, right?

Offline Wonderfulspam

I just read that Adam Toledo's mother claimed Adam wanted to pursue a career in law enforcement.

Perhaps I'm just a bit sceptical by nature, but hanging around with armed gang members firing pistols in the street at 2am doesn't seem conducive with that ambition.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I just read that Adam Toledo's mother claimed Adam wanted to pursue a career in law enforcement.

Perhaps I'm just a bit sceptical by nature, but hanging around with armed gang members firing pistols in the street at 2am doesn't seem conducive with that ambition.
Why do 13 year old boys become gang members?  Any ideas?

Offline Wonderfulspam

Once the boy started running he was basically a dead boy running wasn’t he?  There was nothing he could have done from the second he decided to run  to stop being executed by the police.  The cop should have saved himself 19 seconds or exertion and shot him in the back, and then been awarded a medal and commendation.  At least that is what should have happened in The World According To Spam.  Police entiled to kill anyone they see fit to kill, no questions asked, right?

If he had dropped the gun whist being pursued (rather than running towards & hiding it behind a fence) & immediately raised his hands & had stopped running whilst his back was to the officer & the officer shot him in the back, there'd obviously be very little way to justify that.

But that isn't what happened, & this homicidal cop had reportedly never shot his fire arm during active duty, which is strange considering white cops are hell bent on exterminating all the darkies.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:36:54 PM by Wonderfulspam »