Author Topic: Bamber's former lawyer Ewen Smith and the Silencer/DNA evidence.  (Read 22337 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Bamber's former lawyer Ewen Smith and the Silencer/DNA evidence.
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
Do you not think that Sheila was taking the opportunity to have a fly phone call with her natural mother when she was away from the farmhouse.  In addition, I read into this that this was the reason why June got rather hot and bothered when Ann mentioned what she had been up to.  June obviously was angry that Sheila had attempted to telephone her natural mother behind her back.

I would have thought that Sheila would have known the tel number of WHF without any difficulty as she was brought up on the farm.

At least that is the way I read it...could be wrong though?  >@@(*&)

I read it several times John and I couldn't really work it out.  I'll go back again and see if I can glean anything further.  Ann Eaton usually refers to Mrs Bamber as 'Aunt June' so you might be right.  Why did Ann Eaton make reference to 'Mother' and not 'Aunt June'?  I just recall Colin stating in his book that Sheila's natural mother had not told her other children about Sheila and her husband was unsupportive so on this basis I thought telephone contact might have been off limits.  I think Sheila's natural mother at that time was living in Canada/Halifax with a time difference of some 4/5 hours behind GMT so this in itself would not preclude such a call.

If Sheila was used to calling her parents from London she might have got confused with phoning locally as I think unlike now you had to use different numbers/dialling codes?  Not sure well before my time.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
Someone did say, cant remember who, that they though Bamber was 'putting it on' at the funeral.

People do grieve in different ways, but thank goodness, most of us lose only 1 family member at a time not 5, and not violently.

My dad died suddenly, i acted normally afterwards, though i was devastated. But had i lost my whole family at once to murder things would have been different.

Andrea poor you.  Perhaps you felt you had to be outwardly strong for others including your mum. 

I do agree though, how would one cope with losing all of one's immediate family and as you say to murder as well?  It's too awful to contemplate.  8(8-))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2013, 01:41:14 PM »
I don't think Julie lied in her first statement, more she just withheld a few things out of confusion and bewilderment.  It took her a few weeks to realise she had to do the right thing though and speak out.

John do you think then if Julie was initially confused and bewildered then Jeremy might have felt the same and this might account for what appears to have been his callous and inappropirate behaviour as described in Andrea's post #67?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »
Bamber only admitted the robbery after he killed his family, and only doing so because Julie told the police.

As far as callous behaviour after the murders, where would you like me to start!

JB couldnt be bothered to turn up at a memorial service held for his family.
At their funerals he  looked at his watch and said 'times up' he couldnt wait to go.
In the funeral car he was telling julie what he wanted to do to her later that afternoon, to the disgust of those whoheard him.

Going to sheilas flat and putting the twins belongings in a black bag and dumping them in the hallway.
Trying to sell sheilas photos to a national newspaper.

Yes he was slapping waitresses backsides at the reception held after the funerals. Laddish behaviour you may say, but considering 5 of his family were violently murdered, hardly appropriate.

As shona once said. What a f..king hero.
I could go on.

Mick Philpott larked about at the mortuary, touching-up the nurses, calling his dead children "little shits" and complaining about the smell of their decomposition. He went on to enjoy an evening of karaoke until he was asked to leave by his disgusted friends. And some people said "well, people grieve in different ways." Just what was said of Bamber to try and excuse his behaviour after the murders. And what else do they have in common? The displays of faux grief, Philpott at the press conference and Bamber's risible performance at the funeral.

Yes Shona the above offers some comparables with what Andrea has highlighted in terms of what appears to have been callous and inappropriate behaviour by Jeremy Bamber after the murders or murders/suicide. 

Couple of differences though. 1) Jeremy Bamber did not identify the victims at the mortuary as he said he would find it too much I believe?   The task was left to Julie Mugford.  2) Philpott has previously served a prison sentence for aggressive/violent behaviour.  Well stabbing an ex to be precise.  Also I think Philpott was being investigated for another offence relating to a road-rage incident where he punched a motorist.  3) Philpott treated women badly eg violent, controlling, domineering etc. 

Offline John

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
I don't think Julie lied in her first statement, more she just withheld a few things out of confusion and bewilderment.  It took her a few weeks to realise she had to do the right thing though and speak out.

John do you think then if Julie was initially confused and bewildered then Jeremy might have felt the same and this might account for what appears to have been his callous and inappropirate behaviour as described in Andrea's post #67?

Julie was confused by what she was confronted with while Jeremy had no reason to be confused.  He knew exactly what he was doing. Barbara Wilson (farm secretary) refers to this.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »

Julie was confused by what she was confronted with while Jeremy had no reason to be confused.  He knew exactly what he was doing. Barbara Wilson (farm secretary) refers to this.

Yes John I'm interested in knowing more about Barbara Wilson.  She features quite heavily in Wilkes' book.  Apparently Jeremy started barking orders at her and put his feet on the desk but it all sounds like hearsay and her interpretation of what could be described as Jeremy's boorish behaviour  8-)(--)  I was unable to pick up on anything concrete.  8-)(--).  I believe she was the last person to speak to Mr Bamber who was apparently short and sounded annoyed as though she might have interupted an argument  8-)(--) Did the police take a witness statement from her and if so is it available on here?  Is there any other information relating to Barbara Wilson?  Thank you.  Holly.

Offline John

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »
Operation Stokenchurch - Barbara Wilson

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1045.0

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »

Thanks again John for making further info available. 

This appears to be about the running of N and J Bamber Ltd post trial/conviction? 

Barbara Wilson seems a thoroughly honest and decent type but perhaps a little busy bodyish? 

I am unable to find anything in her information above or in Wilkes' book which in any way links Jeremy to the crimes he has been convicted of. 

Offline John

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »

This appears to be about the running of N and J Bamber Ltd post trial/conviction? 

Barbara Wilson seems a thoroughly honest and decent type but perhaps a little busy bodyish? 

I am unable to find anything in her information above or in Wilkes' book which in any way links Jeremy to the crimes he has been convicted of.

I take it you have viewed this report Holly?

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1986/10/06/AS061086012/?s=jeremy+bamber&st=0&pn=1

Also see the ITV Tonight documentary at  6.58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2CjYDJGTo 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:26:05 PM by John »

Offline Outlook

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2013, 01:40:47 PM »

I take it you have viewed this report Holly?

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/1986/10/06/AS061086012/?s=jeremy+bamber&st=0&pn=1

Also see the ITV Tonight documentary at  6.58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2CjYDJGTo
Good clip John.  It shows the value of contemporaneous reports and evidence and of what was provided under cross-examination as opposed to what what people bothered to write up in books and newspapers later.

Regardless of the failures of the police and later authors it is often forgotten that the witnesses such as Eaton, Wilson and Mugford (however, reviled they are on "Blue") had to stand up in court and give evidence under oath and be cross-examined by Rivlin who was a first-rate QC acting for the Defence.  If any had been lying he would have torn them to pieces but they held together which is more than JB supporters have done since.

Offline John

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2013, 02:01:19 PM »
And especially Julie Mugford whose evidence alone was gold-plated.