Author Topic: How sucessful of a model was Sheila?  (Read 11604 times)

Offline Myster

Re: How sucessful of a model was Sheila?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »
I thought ENIGMA had already found everything up there?

ENIGMA was disposed of by mistake, I'm afraid... well, it didn't come up with the goods anyway, only B.S.! ....,
(it's an attachment Outlook, so you don't have to look if you're about to have your tea).  8(0(*
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:05:00 PM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline puglove

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
Sigh. I fancied him something rotten when he was Siegfried Farnon.
Eighty-seven years old now... with cracked ribs, sorry to say.  8(8-))

That's right - Edward Fox has replaced him in "The Audience" hasn't he? Paul Ritter plays John Major (I like him, too.)

Our village drama group are doing Calendar Girls in May. Oh Lord. I think the youngest is 72.    8(8-))
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
Oh well, nighty night, everyone. Another day spent wondering if the picture or the phone logs would turn up. Alas, no. But Misty is "doing her business" on Saddleworth Moor. So that's alright, then.

I think we and Jeremy will have a very long wait for that.

"Misty?"  As in "Play Misty for me?"

Ooh, TOP film!!

No, this is Misty the superdog. She smells in the dark.

(All of mine do that.)

Oh I love Clint.  I just watched "Gran Torino."  Superbly racist and Clint lays down his life for his Chinese Neighbors.

The other one I like is "Magnum Force" particularly the part where this Asian girl (Adele Yoshioka) goes up to Clint and says "Just what does a girl have to do to get in your bed?" I always think "Yay, you go Gurl."

So now I know "Misty, the Superdog."

"I say, my dog has no nose."
"How does it smell?"
"Awful."

Offline Outlook

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »
Sigh. I fancied him something rotten when he was Siegfried Farnon.
Eighty-seven years old now... with cracked ribs, sorry to say.  8(8-))

That's right - Edward Fox has replaced him in "The Audience" hasn't he? Paul Ritter plays John Major (I like him, too.)

Our village drama group are doing Calendar Girls in May. Oh Lord. I think the youngest is 72.    8(8-))

Oh hope for me yet then?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:40:37 PM by Outlook »

Offline Outlook

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »

ENIGMA was disposed of by mistake, I'm afraid... well, it didn't come up with the goods anyway, only B.S.! ....,
(it's an attachment Outlook, so you don't have to look if you're about to have your tea).  8(0(*

Oh poor Enigma.  Still farmers are practical people.  Why spoil a good gate?

It is like one of those maths questions:

"If it takes 30 minutes for one woman to saw the head off a cow, how long will it take 30 men?"

Answer:  "A damn sight longer."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:43:17 PM by Outlook »

Offline goatboy

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »
In Colin Caffel's book he mentions that Sheila got a particularly lucrative modelling job in Japan. However, it either initiated or exacerbated her mental health problems and she didn't have a particularly good time there. She was treated at best like a piece of meat and at worst as a prostitute-she was expected to sleep with anyone she worked for and was not well thought of when she understandably refused to do so. I don't think she was particularly successful after this episode.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
In Colin Caffel's book he mentions that Sheila got a particularly lucrative modelling job in Japan. However, it either initiated or exacerbated her mental health problems and she didn't have a particularly good time there. She was treated at best like a piece of meat and at worst as a prostitute-she was expected to sleep with anyone she worked for and was not well thought of when she understandably refused to do so. I don't think she was particularly successful after this episode.

Poor Sheila.  I can well imagine that happening because western girls got a bad reputation in Asia some years back.  They were viewed as very promiscuous.  A bit like the reputation Asian girls now have in the west.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
My Mum did some modelling in the 1980's.  She was told she looked like Linda Lusardi.  Unfortunately I take after my Dad in the looks department  8)><(.  Anyway I've discussed this with Mum and she said that at the time of the tragedy she thought it was all media hype about Sheila being a model in terms of making a living out of it and that had she have undertaken any successful shoots the photos would have surfaced in the aftermath.  It appears sadly there were some nude photos in existence that Sheila later regretted of which Jeremy recovered and attempted to exploit the memory of his late sister by selling to the Sun  8(8-))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Rachel Granada

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
The more I hear about Jeremy Bamber the bigger a monster he becomes.  I really must get round to reading Colin's book.  8((()*/

I would like to read Colin's book too and will have a scout round to see if I can find a copy.  Any recommendations for other books on the case?

Offline Andrea

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 05:47:15 PM »
Theyre all a good read in their own way. But CC's is very good.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »
Theyre all a good read in their own way. But CC's is very good.

Thanks, Andrea.  Going to have a scout round the net later.

Offline Myster

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »

@ Rachel
Unfortunately most if not all I think are oop, but you'll find these on amazon or ebay, although at ridiculous prices unless you bide your time. The book by Scott Lomax I avoided because it's the only one endorsed by the Jeremy Bamber Official site, and I believe is biased whereas the others at least try to remain balanced....

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1031.msg29686#msg29686

Offline starryian

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »
The more I hear about Jeremy Bamber the bigger a monster he becomes.  I really must get round to reading Colin's book.  8((()*/

I would like to read Colin's book too and will have a scout round to see if I can find a copy.  Any recommendations for other books on the case?
Rachel, there are many excellent books on the topic. Claire Powell wrote an excellent account of the murders in her book 'Murder at White House Farm. The Story of Jeremy Bamber' Colin Caffell's 'In Search of Rainbow's End' is also excellent for the insight it gives and for being the only book written by a family member about what happened. However, a word of caution. The Scott Lomax book Jeremy Bamber; Evil Beyond Belief' May be worth a read if you want to understand Bamber's side of the story. Personally I found it to be nothing more than 'Bamber is innocent' propaganda. It is probably one of the most biased, one-sided and unbalanced accounts I have ever read on any subject (That is really saying something) Lomax, uses contentious issues in the case as though they were fact and uses them as a starting point for his statements, so wherever it goes after that, you can guarentee that it will always arrive at a favourable view to Bamber's 'innocence'
For example, Lomax states that "How, therefore, could the police have seen someone moving within the farmhouse at 03:45 and later, at 05:25, could they have been conversing with someone inside the building? Whilst he was outside White House Farm with two police officers a figure was seen moving in the main bedroom. At trial the figure was dismissed as a shadow or trick of light, but now documentary evidence shows the officer who made the sighting recorded seeing ‘an unidentified male.’ Whether it was Sheila Caffell or some other individual who was seen moving within the building, and who later spoke to the police, remains unknown but what is certain is that Sheila was alive long after 03:00 and therefore Bamber could not have been responsible for her death or the deaths of anyone else inside the building and that is a fact"
Need I say more? The man has so convinced himself of Bamber's innocence that he is prepared to use theoretical arguments as though they were fact. This is the mark of a man who is incapable of looking at this case with anywhere near the objectivity it requires. I would advise you to give this piece of biased nonsense a very wide birth. However, if you are looking for a fair, balanced and factual account of this case, my recommendation is, Roger Wilkes' book  'Blood Relations - Jeremy Bamber and the White House Farm Murders' It is infinitely superior and very balanced and views the case objectively. Read and enjoy Rachel! 8((()*/
Starryian..

Offline Myster

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »

Hi Ian , good to see you back.  8((()*/
It seems I saved a bit of cash then!  8@??)(

Looks like you timed your return to coincide with the the 'McCann Tornado' that just hit the forum... a needed and interesting change though, a breath of fresh air to blow away the dusty Bamber cobwebs, even though it is mind-boggling to keep up.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 08:09:01 PM »

Rachel, there are many excellent books on the topic. Claire Powell wrote an excellent account of the murders in her book 'Murder at White House Farm. The Story of Jeremy Bamber' Colin Caffell's 'In Search of Rainbow's End' is also excellent for the insight it gives and for being the only book written by a family member about what happened. However, a word of caution. The Scott Lomax book Jeremy Bamber; Evil Beyond Belief' May be worth a read if you want to understand Bamber's side of the story. Personally I found it to be nothing more than 'Bamber is innocent' propaganda. It is probably one of the most biased, one-sided and unbalanced accounts I have ever read on any subject (That is really saying something) Lomax, uses contentious issues in the case as though they were fact and uses them as a starting point for his statements, so wherever it goes after that, you can guarentee that it will always arrive at a favourable view to Bamber's 'innocence'
For example, Lomax states that "How, therefore, could the police have seen someone moving within the farmhouse at 03:45 and later, at 05:25, could they have been conversing with someone inside the building? Whilst he was outside White House Farm with two police officers a figure was seen moving in the main bedroom. At trial the figure was dismissed as a shadow or trick of light, but now documentary evidence shows the officer who made the sighting recorded seeing ‘an unidentified male.’ Whether it was Sheila Caffell or some other individual who was seen moving within the building, and who later spoke to the police, remains unknown but what is certain is that Sheila was alive long after 03:00 and therefore Bamber could not have been responsible for her death or the deaths of anyone else inside the building and that is a fact"
Need I say more? The man has so convinced himself of Bamber's innocence that he is prepared to use theoretical arguments as though they were fact. This is the mark of a man who is incapable of looking at this case with anywhere near the objectivity it requires. I would advise you to give this piece of biased nonsense a very wide birth. However, if you are looking for a fair, balanced and factual account of this case, my recommendation is, Roger Wilkes' book  'Blood Relations - Jeremy Bamber and the White House Farm Murders' It is infinitely superior and very balanced and views the case objectively. Read and enjoy Rachel! 8((()*/

Starryian, that's great - cheers!  Some good pointers of books to look out for.  Sounds like there is some good reading in the Roger Wilkes book, and I would imagine that Colin's book is very moving, being written from a family perspective.  Will have a scout around!   I was 18 when the murders happened, and although I was shocked and sickened I think as I have got older I have realised more and more just what Bamber robbed the whole family of with his actions.  By now, Sheila could have been a granny, Nevill and June enjoying a well-earned retirement, the boys with families and careers.  Sorry for going off on a tangent, it was such a horrible tragedy.