Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240846 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #870 on: December 13, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »
Do you believe that the result of the election in Scotland which now means there are six Conservative MPs, four LD MPs, one Labour MP and 48 SNP MPs gives no indication of the wishes of the Scottish electorate?

It doesn't tell us that they want independance.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #871 on: December 13, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
It doesn't tell us that they want independance.

Really?
What do "they" want ?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #872 on: December 13, 2019, 09:55:54 PM »
Really?
What do "they" want ?

Not Brexit !

And many want independence too-------------

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #873 on: December 14, 2019, 07:07:45 AM »
Really?
What do "they" want ?

I don't know and neither do you. You're assuming that the Scottish people want to go it alone, but where's the evidence?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #874 on: December 14, 2019, 07:25:21 AM »
I don't know and neither do you. You're assuming that the Scottish people want to go it alone, but where's the evidence?

You don't consider the election result as evidence that many Scottish people seek independence?
Can you suggest another reason why so many Scots voted for the SNP, other than the desire for independence..
You really have no idea of how "scunnered"  folk here are with Westminster politics!
Just within our family group several who voted no last time, will now vote yes and that is because of Brexit!
Many voted no last time because we would be out of the EU.
Well now we are out , not by our choice!
I know why my family and friends and I vote SNP.
I'm unsure whether there would be a majority vote for independence next year but I do firmly believe that the desire for independence will increase and Boris is doing his very best to ensure it does!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline barrier

« Reply #875 on: December 14, 2019, 08:28:04 AM »
I believe Boris will preside over the break up of the Union, his lasting legacy.

Does it matter,the Scots or some of them at least want it to happen,I'm not sure the majority do,why not let them have another ref,with the proviso "we remain part of the union and opt out of Europe or we get independence with the hope of rejoining".
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #876 on: December 14, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »

If I remember correctly Scotland lost the last referendum because a lot of people were afeared after scaremongering and incorrect information.

David Cameron has such a lot to answer for.

I would like to see an independent Scotland, especially as they had no choice when it came to joining The Glorious Union.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #877 on: December 14, 2019, 09:18:42 AM »
To return to the thread topic, Jeremy Corbyn will not become PM. In my opinion the Labour Party, along with many others, failed to understand that Brexit would be the most important issue in the Election.

People have been told they got it wrong in the referendum, they have been told they had changed their minds, they have been told that it would be democratic to have another vote. The reply is loud and clear; they voted for the man who said he would deliver Brexit and rejected those who refused to listen.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #878 on: December 14, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »
To return to the thread topic, Jeremy Corbyn will not become PM. In my opinion the Labour Party, along with many others, failed to understand that Brexit would be the most important issue in the Election.

People have been told they got it wrong in the referendum, they have been told they had changed their minds, they have been told that it would be democratic to have another vote. The reply is loud and clear; they voted for the man who said he would deliver Brexit and rejected those who refused to listen.
Jeremy was given several opportunities to improve his chances of becoming PM and fluffed every one of them (thank god).  He’s not terribly bright, I’m afraid, unlike Bozzer and Dom Cumm.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #879 on: December 14, 2019, 08:05:40 PM »
Jeremy was given several opportunities to improve his chances of becoming PM and fluffed every one of them (thank god).  He’s not terribly bright, I’m afraid, unlike Bozzer and Dom Cumm.

All Boris Johnson did was pledge to abide by the result of the Brexit referendum. A simple but winning promise. All those who demonstrated by word or deed that they didn't care about democracy were quite rightly punished.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #880 on: December 14, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »
All Boris Johnson did was pledge to abide by the result of the Brexit referendum. A simple but winning promise. All those who demonstrated by word or deed that they didn't care about democracy were quite rightly punished.
How come Jeremy wasn’t able to figure that one out then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #881 on: December 14, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »
How come Jeremy wasn’t able to figure that one out then?

How do I know? He wasn't the only one to be fair. That Lib Dem Leader woman made a complete fool of herself, as did quite a few others. The 'experts' on politics on the TV were gobsmacked by the exit polls.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #882 on: December 14, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
How do I know? He wasn't the only one to be fair. That Lib Dem Leader woman made a complete fool of herself, as did quite a few others. The 'experts' on politics on the TV were gobsmacked by the exit polls.
The Lib Dems did at least have a very clear policy on Brexit.  Revoke Article 50.  Labour’s policy on the other hand was farcical.  Like I said, Jeremy = not very bright IMO.  Anyway, he’s yesterday’s man as is John McDonnell, good riddance to the pair of them. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #883 on: December 14, 2019, 11:01:59 PM »
Following discussions with my friends* on the Madeleine McCann forum I thought it would be interesting to continue the discussion here.  Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that pigs will sprout wings and fly before Corbyn gets his hands on the keys of Number 10, but putting that to one side - what do we think of his views, his ability to lead the Labour Party and the country, his beard and dress sense, etc?

* (friends in this instance is used in the same way as Corbyn claimed he used the word to describe the terrorist sympathisers he shared a platform with, ie: a bunch of people whose views I vehemently oppose but it's always good to talk!)

Innit though.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #884 on: December 14, 2019, 11:26:24 PM »
You don't consider the election result as evidence that many Scottish people seek independence?
Can you suggest another reason why so many Scots voted for the SNP, other than the desire for independence..
You really have no idea of how "scunnered"  folk here are with Westminster politics!
Just within our family group several who voted no last time, will now vote yes and that is because of Brexit!
Many voted no last time because we would be out of the EU.
Well now we are out , not by our choice!
I know why my family and friends and I vote SNP.
I'm unsure whether there would be a majority vote for independence next year but I do firmly believe that the desire for independence will increase and Boris is doing his very best to ensure it does!

It seems pretty obvious to me that many people in Scotland want independence (and to stay in the EU), which is why they voted SNP.

However, I suspect that some voted SNP because they felt the alternatives were awful (just my opinion). At least Nicola Sturgeon is a good leader (again my opinion)!